Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Armed and Disarmed: Book One (Conjunctions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> Embers in the Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miranda Branson
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Blacksmith, Silversmith
Can Be Found: Anywhere there is fire and metal
12284.76 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With most of the orders filled, Miranda leaned against her anvil inviting the cooling winter breeze to sooth her burning muscles. Hair pulled back in a messy bun, Miranda rolled her shoulders trying to stay loose. She could get a head start on some of her other more tedious projects, but that could wait until morning. Right now a rest, then clean up the forge and off to pick up Angel from school.

His shadow preceded him into the doorway of the forge. The ringing had stopped that was probably a good time to interrupt. He took a lean on the doorway and looked at Miranda curiously. "You know sister, I'm glad that this is the place I've found you. Something in it seems appropriate." His smile wasn't new, but it was easy. She may have noticed there was less forcing of it from him. There weren't a lot who could tell the difference though.

Head titled and chin raised, she smiled at her brother over her shoulder. "It is where we first found our shared bond if I remember correctly." She relaxed even more now that his presence was known. A casual grace that showed the trust between them from the broad curve of her shoulders to the roll of her hips to a new angle. "It is good to see you today and tell me, what brings my brother to me?" Pushing away from the anvil and spreading her arms wide to hug him tight.
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Blacksmith, City Guard
Can Be Found: Kruger's Exotic Weapons Armor & Leather
89397.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Armed and Disarmed Reply with quote

He hugged her as tightly. "It is where I first met Angel too if I am not mistaken." It had been a while though since he had been here, cold that night and an entirely different mood had surrounded him. "In all honesty, I need a favor. If it is too much I understand, you have enough things going on that you don't need me mucking things up on you." He shook his head and started to laugh. "See there I go again, always afraid to commit to the questions, and offering you an excuse before I even ask."

Savoring his warm embrace, Miranda couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips. "You are correct in your memories." It was good to see him smile so freely and she only hoped it would last at the very least for a little while. "A favor? I suggest you spit it out before I change my mind." Winking for she was well within her rights to tease him. How could she ever tell him no on a favor. He had been there for her and she would happily return his kindness if only he could ask the question.

He gave a half laugh for her teasing, and the wink. "Fine, I'm leaving town, taking a vacation I suppose. Something you and so many others have been trying to convince me to do for some time." He couldn't really remember how long they had been suggesting it. Seemed like almost forever. "The problem is that it's sudden, almost immediately. I haven't given any warning to my customers. I was hoping to get a little coverage from a smith I trust." He resisted the urge to squish her too hard.
Miranda Branson
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
12284.76 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingertips dancing along the edge of the anvil, mint green eyes looked up into his own straw colored ones trying to see if he was really going to go on a vacation or come rushing back in a few days. "I can handle your shop for you, but on two conditions if you don't mind." Her tone was serious, but damn that smile! It always had a way of giving her intentions away. "One; please let me know where just in case of emergency so you can be reached. Two; unless there is an emergency take the whole time you plan to be gone. If I see you, you are in so much trouble."

He squinted a bit and wrinkled his nose at her first condition. "I suppose I should be honest, I don't know exactly where I'll be going. That part of the trip has been taken care of for me. I...“ He turned and headed for the forge itself and enjoyed the smell of the fire. "I won't be alone... We are leaving on her boat and I wish I knew how long we plan to be gone. The jest is until we are used to each other. But that might take years." He couldn't help but laugh aw he said the last part.

"I am happy that you have found someone who can make you smile and happier yet that they wish to care for you." Deep breath as she was taking it all in. "If you think this is the best then go. I will see to your forge, explain to Angel and with permission of course check on Niko." There were many memories she had of her own dealing with dashing off without a true purpose other than just to see what would happen. Days long gone for her.
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
89397.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He nodded to her about the checking in on Niko. "I would appreciate that, the looking in I mean, and the explanation to Angel. It's strange to have so many things that need taking care of before an adventure like this. I remember when... I remember just hanging a sign and going." He turned to look at Miranda at her deep breath, he gave a small nod. "You are happy right?"

"How could I not be happy for what is best for your heart?" Her smile was sure despite what she knew was to come. Like any sister she would miss her brother. "I want you to be happy more than anything. I promise I will take care of things." Miranda nodded her head setting a few curls loose about her face.

He shook his head, still smiling. "I don't know what happens, I know that for the first time in a long time I feel like... moving forward. Where that comes from I can't really be sure. Nilan does have a boat, The Tanelorn, it's small enough to be run by just her really, I suppose I will be along for the ride. Oddly I think she needs me too." His tone was subdued with the last part, his head tilted slightly at Miranda. "Where are you off to?"

Last edited by Kruger on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Miranda Branson
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
12284.76 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That sounds delightful." Picturing it all and the smile plastered on his face as the morning mist burned off the water. "I was going to clean up the forge and pick up Angel from school." Pulled out her thoughts by his last words.

"I'll lend you a hand, and perhaps we can both go pick her up together? We could talk to her about it then, and it will give you the chance to ask questions. I know this is sudden to you. It is for me as well to be fair." He didn't believe in destiny, coincidences happened didn't they? "I know some and don't know others. That's part of the idea behind the trip. Time to get to know each other better. I'm hoping for someplace warm though."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, she squeezed gently. "If you wish to come with me and explain to her yourself then fine, but you do not have to." She bit her lower lip musing over how best to put it. "Some questions are better answered in person and some have no answer at all. Time will tell so to speak." Miranda gave in and wrapped her arms around him for a hug. "Go be happy brother. For us both."

He took a deep breath at the hand on his shoulder. "I don't mind coming along, it'll be the last time she gets to see me before I get back. Later I will say goodbye to a few others, but mostly this will come as a surprise for a lot of folks. I'll leave a list in my ledger of what needs to be done and the agreed on prices. I don't have any 'special' sales in the making so everything should be straight forward." He wouldn't put her tools away, but he had no problem picking up a broom and tidying up where he could.
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
89397.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Armed and Disarmed Reply with quote

Time, the walk back from Belglade was full of that. Full of the thing that he hated most thoughts. It wasn't all thought he hated, it was the ones he could have changed. The problem with changing them is that it would put him back in that place he had found himself. Head of the household, of a growing community, it would put him in a bed that he had no doubt was warm. He couldn't be that though, he knew that even as he had walked out the door. He knew it before that, and stood by it even as she had said goodbye. Shai would take Nikolai, and she should after all. She was his mother and he would need her. His decision didn't stop the pain despite how she seemed to think him unfeeling. He'd been cruel perhaps, insisting that she make that final decision. He knew she would go though, and he didn't blame her, or at least he wouldn't in time.

Kruger lingered on the dock outside of Tanelorn. He had taken a seat, legs dangling over the edge at the end of the pier. His gaze strayed from the horizon, empty of everything but the island and the lighthouse that was perched atop it. The view was the same, only from a different angle, much like his life had become. The light wound its way around again signaling in the darkness, but was it pointing the way or simply accusing him. More likely it was just doing what it was meant to a showing the hazards of the bay. They had changed too, not in form but definitely in position relative to him. His hands were numb with the cold, a fact that only made him aware of what the sensation was. That awareness pointed in ways he likely wouldn't have thought of exactly how not numb he was inside. He wanted to be sometimes. He had begged for it more than he cared to tell anyone. Instead he found himself feeling more. A familiar feeling though it too seemed eschew in its place.

Nilan was waiting for him, he knew that much. Kruger wanted to be in there with her now. He hadn't known what to say though, how to talk about what had transpired. Perhaps if he knew how to define it the discussion would be easier. He'd left, and admitted that much to Nilan in the very beginning. Was that guilt or honesty? He thought perhaps a mixture of both, though the guilt wasn't in feeling like he should be there. To Kruger it was more like he was guilty because he knew he should want to be there and didn't. He pulled one leg back up to rest his heel on the boards of the pier. His arms wrapped around his knee by instinct. It was time, Kruger knew that much at least.
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
89397.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Armed and Disarmed Reply with quote

Coming up on deck and braving the cold Nilan was bundled up in her wrap and a pair of boots as she shuddered against the chill in the air, a distant rather pensive look on her face. Catching sight of Kruger sitting outside of what was basically her front door, Nilan paused, head tilting to the side as she studied him on the pier from up on deck. "Are you alright?" she called across the distance to him, already getting the plank of wood down so that she could climb onto the docks from the boat, frowning in concern as she approached. "Aristotle?" sitting down on the dock beside him she studied him.

He shoved his self up from his seated position and looked to the boat once again. At once Kruger felt both happy and sad. This wasn't typical for him. His lips pursed in contemplation of what every step now meant. He would take them because he wanted to. He would take them across the gangplank and onto Tanelorn. He would want to do it with skill and would fail miserably because he still hadn't managed to find that rolling gate to his walk that the sailors all seemed to have. His arrival would be announced by poor footfalls and a lack of experience on a boat. Kruger wondered how long she had known he was there. She would tell him or she wouldn't. Mostly he needed to be close, and to be on their way, or were those wants? “I’m not Nilanoch. Not really okay… I went to see Niko…” He stopped suddenly feeling a burn in his nose with the words and the memory.

At the mention of his son's name she realized the depth of what he was feeling. Matters of children weren't to be taken lightly at all. Nodding her head gently she took a step closer, resting her hand on his arm. "What happened love?" Whatever it was she hoped very much that his boy was alright, lightly Nilan's hand brushed up and down the length of his arm, her brows knitted with concern as she watched his face, staying close but not too close.

Kruger took her hand, he needed something to hold on to. He used it as his focal point while he talked. "They're leaving... not til spring but, leaving none the less. I hadn't considered that possibility before love." Kruger found her face with his eyes at last, they were shining with the feelings he was barely in control of. "How do I make this work now?"

It was an interesting predicament to Nilan, who had certainly been in his wife's shoes before. It was something she felt guilt over as well to a certain degree, but not knowing the full details of matters she kept her thoughts to herself. "What do you want to have happen here Aristotle?"

Kruger brushed her face with the palm of his hand. "Here, Nilanoch? If you mean between the two of us, I want to move forward. Perhaps that is part of the problem is. I want to move on, and I have already picked my direction." He didn't know if he was making any sense to her. He was where he wanted to be, letting go was something else though. "I suppose I should have expected this. I suppose that I will be wanting to visit him in Venice... That I will want to bring him back with me to spend a month now and again." His gaze on her intensified. "I can't ‘not’ be part of his life."
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
89397.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Armed and Disarmed Reply with quote

"I meant with your son and your wife, but it makes me glad to know you want to be with me," Nilan smiled a bit up at him and hugged his arm. "You should have a relationship with your son, as much of one as you want to. You should visit him as much as you possibly can, witness him growing up, be his friend. And, your wife is entitled to happiness, I hope she finds it wherever she goes."

"You're right, she does deserve happiness, I have tried to tell her that before. She chose to change the christening as well, which may be for the best. I am not one to follow the teachings that she would set before Niko. I am the last person who should be in that place." He felt like somehow it would be defiled by his presence. "I've spoken to another smith though, and I am free to go... I just want to go, now if the tide allows for it."

"It is hard for a woman, for anyone, to linger in a place she feels is full of ghosts, you will be a father to your son, and hopefully in time, when hurt departs you will find a way to be friends with her. If she needs to go, and to change plans, then this is what she must do." Letting his hand go she wrapped her arms around him, hugging tightly before looking up to plant a light, quick kiss to his lips. "Then we'll go. You deserve to be happy too."

When her arms when him, Kruger's went around her. He held on tightly, he wanted to go, but that would mean letting go. That was something he didn't want to do right now. Could she feel that in him right now? Could she know how much just being there meant to him? "I love you, Nilanoch..."

"I love you Aristotle," gently she rubbed at his back before hugging him tightly again, hiding her face against his chest for a moment before she peeked up again. "We don't have to set sail right away you know, we can relax for a little while." Maybe she could tell he didn't want to let go just yet, more likely she didn't either.

Kruger felt her face in his chest and felt better, more than that. He knew he needed her with him now, much the same as she had needed him when Arlin had shown up. She had become his anchor point the moment she said the words to him again. "If not tonight my love, then tomorrow early. I long for warmth and time with you alone... absolutely alone."

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> Embers in the Dark All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: