Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Daffodils and Roses (Rhydin November 2033)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Dragon's Tales -> RhyDin Memorial Cemetery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Allen
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Running, out of time.
7558.96 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Daffodils and Roses (Rhydin November 2033) Reply with quote

Send Me an Angel

The wise man said just raise your hand
And reach out for the spell
Find the door to the promised land
Just believe in yourself

Hear this voice from deep inside
It's the call of your heart
Close your eyes and you will find
The way out of the dark

Here I am
Will you send me an angel?
~ composed by Rudolf Schenker, written by Klaus Meine

-------------------------------------------

Daffodils and Roses, a bouquet of each went into the vases at the base of the overlarge headstone.Leave it to his father to insist on the immense stone anvil as a fitting monument. Nick had waited to come, because he wasnít sure he could make the trip alone. Heíd waited longer to let Claire have her moment, staying well back from her. He could hear words, but their form was lost to distance and the sinking feeling inside him. This wasnít the only stop for her in this place of eerie silences and macabre horizons. Even after sheíd moved off he hesitated, watching her go and wondering how sheíd known what to say when he was at a loss. The size of the stone only became truly apparent when he was next to it. Its base was smaller than the rest of it. At its widest it easily covered the space for two people to be laid out. Both of their names were chiseled into the face of it. The roses rested with Annabeth, theyíd been her favorite. His father had loved the Narcissus, though Nick couldnít seem to remember him saying the why of it.

ďStopped by a florist in the marketplace. Hope you both like them, itís cold for roses and daffodils. Iíll plant some when the weather turns.Ē The air was cold, the ground would be colder, but Nick sat anyway. He gave his head a shake to prevent himself from being overcome with emotions.

ďAvy wanted to come, but I think since sheíd already managed to get a day off from her training that they werenít going to let her do it again, regardless of the reason.Ē He shifted, pulling his feet inward and sitting in Lotus. ďI get it now, it took me being away, but I do understand about some things now. I get why you didnít try for more, and why you couldnít stop no matter what. I get why you encouraged me to do the thing you couldnít make yourself do. I did do it, but donít tell anyone because youíre the only one Iíve told.Ē It was difficult for Nick to speak, knowing thereíd be no answer from anyone.

ďDoes it make you happy, knowing that youíre remembered at least? Donít answer that itís a stupid question. I want to be too though, remembered forever I mean. I wonít be able to do that for you. Iím sorry I wasnít able to get here sooner. It just wasnít the right time. Iím angry at you, I donít know how long that is going to last. I donít mean to be, and it isnít all the time. Itís just easier to be angry than anything else. I think maybe Aunt Claire feels guilty about not stopping you. Sheís likely the only one alive that could have. The thing is dad, you knew and you did it anyway. You could have said something, we could have prepared better. That would have meant giving up secrets, you donít like giving up secrets. I was there, and I did it, or I believe I did. It cost us everything though. Iím only here because, it doesnít matter. Here I am.Ē Nick folded his hands in his lap trying to keep his finger warm and failing as another dead silence filled the air.

ďI went home, just long enough to pick up a few clothes. Iíve been staying with Alex and Avy. I donít know what Iím supposed to be doing now. Kind of like the hole you left behind, we passed it on the way here. Theyíve got it fenced off trying to figure out exactly what they should be doing. I think you made a few official types mad at you too. At least Iím not the only one youíre not answering. Hereís the thing dad. Iím not sure I can be you, the shop, itís not something I feel I should be doing. Iíll still make things, but you worked your entire life in that place. I didnít say that how I meant it, what I mean is, Iíll never be able to fill the place you left vacant no matter how much I would want to. But where does that leave me? When you were my age, you were traveling. Iíd like to do that too, see new places, find out where I belong. I try to remember things youíve said to me, but right now I just canít. All I can do right now is just talk even if my words donít make any sense.Ē Nick gave up trying to keep his fingers warm and free, shoving them into his pockets instead.

ďI guess I wanted to tell you about Addie, she didnít come back with me. No, she couldnít come back with me. I didnít come back, I was brought back. I wanted to tell you about that too, howÖ no, Iím not ready yet. Maybe next time. I told you about Avy already. That reminds me of something you said though. Youíre wrong dad, sheís not just a girl. I know you understand that. Iím not holding it against you, I just thought you should know is all. I do know what it means. One day Iíll be here, or someplace similar, and be the one whoís visited. I actually get a lot of comfort from that thought. I hope you do too. I thought Iíd have more to say. I probably do and just wonít remember until Iím long gone. Then next time Iíll have other things to talk about. This would be easier if you could just drop in from time to time and listen for me. I...itís time to go. Take care of him Annabeth, heís big and impulsive and needs someone to watch over him.Ē Nick pushed himself up off of the ground and headed for the car. The windows were so darkly tinted, he couldnít tell if there was anyone inside of it or not. It was unlocked though, and as good a place as any to turn up the music and break the silence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Dragon's Tales -> RhyDin Memorial Cemetery All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: