Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Shop     Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   

Missing Halfling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> The Fountain -> The 27th Special Operations Division of the RhyDin Watch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexia Longbow
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Lost in a book
650.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how much physical pain she endured, how much fear shook her to her very core, there was something in her that persisted. Like a candle flickering in a small room while gale force winds ravaged outside, she inexplicably held onto the small, flickering hope that she would somehow survive. She thought of her parents, lost to her at such an early age and never found. Of her grandmother long since passed. Of the people, friends and strangers alike, that she'd tried to help regardless of the danger to herself. She even thought of her Master Owen and wondered who would take care of him if she were to perish.

Then, a figure appeared. It was as if all the remaining shreds of warmth and life in her battered little body were being rapidly drained away. The figure that appeared gave an aura strikingly polar opposite to her own. To her, he felt like hopelessness incarnate. Her injuries seemed to throb with more persistence and her breath suddenly become more labored. She wanted nothing more than to run away. The burning cuffs on her wrists and ankles saw to it that she couldn't even curl away from him.

Instead, she simply stared blankly in his direction. For a while now, she thought she had felt something in the room with her. Of course her senses could not be trusted, but she could not shake the sensation of someone watching. She had brushed it off as being in observed by those who had confined her, but when the unnerving figure spoke, she was surprised to learn he easily saw what she had only guessed at.

"... Goodbye for now..."

With those simple words, she felt her last shred of hope begin to fade like the trail of smoke from a dying ember. She began to wonder if her refusal to say her name had only doomed her further. She knew the importance of names. Names held power and could even be a person's undoing. But now she wasn't sure if she had protected herself or sealed her own fate.

She decided it didn't matter. Whoever had been watching was not watching any longer. Good or bad, her only lifeline to outside of her prison was gone. Whatever this imposing individual had in store for her, she would just have to do her best to survive.
Hope Jubal
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Gumshoe
Can Be Found: Unsure
4754.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope couldn't remember when she let go of Lucius or how she wound up sitting on the floor, head pounding to the rhythm of Dirty Deeds by ACDC. She felt the hands of someone shaking her shoulder gently and pressing a glass of cool water into her hands and several aspirin into the other. She just stared at the white pills of several minutes trying to get her brain to make sense of jarring garble it had gone through to see what she saw and the express train leaving that sight.

"Tell . . . Tell MCSI, I need that tracking spell A.S.A.P." She said to the person behind her that kept her world level as she sat.

She pressed the flat of her palm to her right eye as blinding pain strobed through it for a bit. She searched for Lucius with her left brown eye trying to see where the man was. There was much to discuss and do.
Alexia Longbow
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
650.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexia sighed heavily, something she immediately regretted as it stirred up the throbbing pain that had lessened to a dull ache for a few moments. At least it was a welcome distraction from the frightening figure before her. She couldn't help being acutely aware of each and every injury. The worst had to be the iron that burned and bubbled her skin. Her other wounds hurt, but it was only residual pain from the original blow that caused her discomfort. The chains were a constant. Their very touch sapped her strength and poisoned her body against her at a constant, steady pace.

The entire situation was enough to make her just a little angry. There, far beneath the fear and despair, a shred of anger glowed like a candle wick recently blown out. It was enough to awaken something deep within her. Something even she was unaware of. Something ancient and powerful. For now, however, it was just a glow. A soft, violet glow that persisted within the dullness that clouded her large, dark brown, downcast eyes.
Zynisch Lucis
The Umbral Judicer
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Schoolteacher, Tutor
Can Be Found: His Glen cottage; Bristle Crios's grounds; Red Dragon Inn; Kabuki Street; With Izumi Takamine...
3101.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man was swift in his attempts to gather his faculties, as the abrupt severance of his observation initiated a complete memory dump. The impromptu influx of information did much to curb his desire to attempt another glimpse therein. Not to mention, there was a good chance this Seventh Lord would have taken great pains to invalidate any subsequent 'interloping' endeavors. Recovering from the deluge of fractured bullet points that comprised the summary of the vision, he compulsively placed a palm on his heart, summoning forth his impressive gem-mail, runic armor to defend himself from both Riazla's magicks and his own botched spells. At once, Lord Lucius's consciousness would return, permitting him to see to the mentally wounded woman currently trying to drown her injury in pain medication.

"You'll have to forgive me, Captain. I wasn't aware that their shady benefactor was capable of dispelling my abilities. By and large, I've dealt you a blow you honestly weren't meant to endure." A glance upward to the stalwart knight would put to rest any doubts about the severity of the hit they took. Even a mage of his caliber was still holding his head even after the wards of his shielding armaments had taken effect. What a doozy that had been.

"What do you plan to do now that the team is tracking them? Would you have me wait here with you, or would you prefer we take to field action to scour for sources in the meantime?"

* B.C. ACADEMY PRIVATE INSTRUCTOR - Pragmatic Applications of Magicks, Theorycrafting & Eldritch Lore
The Seers of Eternity
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The Dimensional Interstice; The Shimmerscale Lair; Other Anomalous Regions
461.22 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With dismissal of the all-too-foreseen obstruction to his 'data gathering', Rialza lackadaisically brushed away at his cloak, as though he were tidying up the symbolic residue left behind by the advent of unseen eavesdroppers. Really, having someone watch him whilst he worked was rather bothersome; not to mention, it actually left something of a bad taste in his mouth when they inevitably pitched their usual fit of whining at his expense. Alas, he finished soon enough and lowered his rather tall form to the degree of height at his guise was level with her pathetic hues.

"Now, now... Don't fret, my dear. I assure you they weren't going to cause you any trouble. Trust me when I say, they were about as inconsequential where they were as they would have been had they been right here in front of me. Giheheh... I'm not My Lord's Seventh for no reason, after all."

No doubt, his rhetoric was none too shy of meaningless to her, even as he held back a string of cackles in correspondence to her slim chance of escape from her captivity. 'Twas when he reached forward and attempted to lift her chin up with the tip of a clawed digit that he really got in her face about it. Thoroughly detestable, indeed.

"Now, I know the strapping young lad behind me asked for your name earlier... and I also know that you don't feel all that fondly about him, his virtual cultist of an associate, or even me for that matter... That being said... I just want to hear you state it for the record. It would save the lot of us, yourself included, a great deal of trouble if you were to cooperate... I could put you on display for all the humans out there to see just what kind of monster you are capable of being under true duress, but.... Heh heh... That wouldn't be right. Would it... Alexia?"

Wh... what?

Last edited by The Seers of Eternity on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Alexia Longbow
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
650.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he reached to touch her, a small violet charge of electricity sparked between them. She was sure he hadn't seen it beneath her tangled tresses, but she couldn't have missed what had happened right in front of her face. Curiosity snuck into the whirlwind of thoughts and emotions and she barely heard what he was saying, save for the last part. That was crystal clear.

"... Would it... Alexia?"

"Wh... what?" Her eyes finally lifted to meet his gaze. The ember that had been burning within her, desperate to get out, was momentarily obscured by sheer dread. She had only feared the worst, but his words confirmed it. She was, indeed, in very serious trouble. Thankfully, she was too frozen with fear to have much of a reaction other than to stare at him, bewildered.

Then, something snapped deep within her. A sudden sense of determination like none she had ever experienced before inspired her. As they locked gazes, she gently, painstakingly quietly grasped at the iron manacles that were still burning her skin like acid. It wasn't that they had been all that tight around her wrists or ankles. They were simply too painful to touch. But now wasn't the time to worry about that. Miraculously, without making a single clinking sound, she managed to slip one wrist out, then the other.

Once free, she took a deep breath and leapt into action. Grabbing the now empty cuffs, she threw them at her captor, hoping for utter shock on his part, then with blistering red fingers, yanked her feet free in one swift movement, popping off her remaining boot as a result. She had no clue where she would go or how she would even leave that very room, but she had to try. She ran. No matter the direction. Simply pushed past him and ran barefoot as fast as she could.

What she didn’t realize was what seemed like a burst of physical energy had also manifested itself as magical energy as well. For however long or short a time and however weak or strong it may have been, it was out there, beckoning to someone, anyone. For some, it might have seemed like a fleeting shadow just at the edge of sight, for others perhaps the faintest whisper for help. To anyone who cared enough, it may have been as unmistakable as a flash of lightening in an otherwise clear sky.
Owen the Marred
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: At the academy
12732.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some distance from the academy, away from its clean rooms, sensibly decorated halls, and safe strong hold, stood an old cabin. Contrary to its age and rundown appearance, it was actually very well cared for to the best of the ability of an incredibly petite halfling. Despite her best efforts, however, it was still in dire need of work and, since her disappearance, was not as clean as it once was.

Within its walls, draped on an old wooden chair in front of an unlit fireplace, sat Owen the Marred, a once respected and valued student turned professor for the magic school old cabin neighbored. He had been sleeping off his latest guilt induced drunken stupor when he heard the softest, yet undeniably familiar voice. It was almost a murmur, but the words were clear enough.

“Help me, Uncle.”

His eyes snapped open and his head whipped about trying to find the source. Even in his compromised state, he knew it hadn’t been a dream. Alexia was reaching out. There was only one thing to do. He rose unsteadily to his feet and made for the basin filled with freezing water. Without wasting a single moment, he dumped the entire icy contents onto his head, haphazardly wiped at his face with the sleeve of his robe, and hurried out the door.
The Seers of Eternity
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The Dimensional Interstice; The Shimmerscale Lair; Other Anomalous Regions
461.22 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was amid her brief lapse into absolute terror from the utterance of her true name that Rialza cracked another dismaying grin, his ear-to-ear Cheshire masterpiece bared for her to see. So content was he with his induction of fear in her that he momentarily let down his personal guard, quirking a brow as he was pelted in the face by a pair of shackles. Though only mildly surprised by the display of defiance, it was enough of a shock to his haughty system that he fell to his knees, cast ultimately farther to the side with the advent of her push, leaving her enough space to attempt an escape should the powers that be permit it.

"Hmm? Well, well.. You were so quick to bend that I didn't even consider you worth much of a challen--Accghk!"

As the pair behind the shielded glass prepared their standard reinforcement glyph magicks to strengthen the magical temper of the material, Rialza slowly began to collect himself from his momentary faltering, peering back behind himself with a glare that suggested he intended to devour her whole when all was said and done. Gods, she was going to need some kind of miracle to escape this prison they had created for her.

"...Ohohoh.... Feisty, are we? Do you believe you think you can evade the Seventh Lord of the Thirteen Esoterics? I built this holding facility to my own rigorous specifications. If I wanted to, I could collapse it in on the both of us. Don't get cocky purely because you managed to catch me off-guard once, fey cretin! Hehehehehe~! Eh... hm?"

What the fell magus failed to notice before within the barrier was a rather curious rift torn out of space-time itself and nestled between the two mages amid their measures to fortify the protective magicks of the obstruction between them and the captive that had come to blows with their master therein. If such a thing as a miracle existed, there it was... plain as day. Take it or leave it, Longbow! Fate has dealt you a decent hand this day. Flight or fold. Those were the only two options she had at her avail at the moment.
Hope Jubal
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
4754.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the landslide of pain in her head subsided to a dull steam roller, Hope stood to her feet.

"MCSI wont be tracking the perps for us. They are strictly crime scene investigations when we have magical elements that need sorted out. The leg work well be on us, Lucius." Hope said.

She walked for the reception desk and the young man there gave her a fully charged radio and a map. The female officer she'd sent off to the labs came back with a bracelet of braided flax, with a small quartz crystal shaped like a cone swinging freely from the braided fibers in its harness.

"Here you are Captain Jubal. Boys in the lab said they were sorry for the delay. They've been working so many cases but they have the tracker bracelet. Just put it on your wrist and once you leave the building the quarts will start to tug in the direction of the missing person based on the hair. They do warn the effect may become weakened as hair is a secondary medium for tracking, blood being the highest match, but it should get you and your consultant where you need to get to. Best of luck Captain. Give them hell." The woman said.

Hope nodded to the woman and slipped on the bracelet. She did a quick check that she was armed, and that both radio and map were tucked away safely. Then she waved for Lucius to follow as she left the 27th Divisions Head Quarters. Sure enough the quartz began cease a lazy, natural sway by gravity and motion and took up a self possessed tug and pull, though it was weak.

"Time to go hunting." Hope said.

((Feel free to direct as you need. So sorry about delays. New job has been murder on free time.))
Alexia Longbow
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
650.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, she had no idea where she would go from there. She didn't even know how she had come to be in the prison like room, let alone how to leave. Just when she thought perhaps she should give, what looked like a portal had opened. Without giving it a single shred of thought, she made a mad scramble for it and managed to leap through.

It felt as though every shred of her already broken body was being torn apart, shred by miniscule shred. Her breath tore from her lungs until the pressure made her cry out. But no sound came. Instead, she saw light and color pour forth instead of a scream. It was harsh and disjointed, but almost beautiful in a terrifying way. Streaks of shadow and light swirled around and even through her. It seemed she really had come apart.

After what seemed like an eternity, her vision began to clear. Soon she realized she was lying on something soft and sweetly scented. It took her longer than it should have to realize it was mix of tufts of grass and patches of moss. Exhausted and frightened, she tried to recognize her surroundings but she had been through too much. Finally free of the searing iron and unforgiving stone floor of the prison, she stood no chance and fell into a dreamless sleep.

((Sorry! I know it's not much, but it's something! Been a little crazy here!))
Zynisch Lucis
The Umbral Judicer
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: His Glen cottage; Bristle Crios's grounds; Red Dragon Inn; Kabuki Street; With Izumi Takamine...
3101.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Understood..."

With the raising of his armor-laden hand, he courteous gestured to the receptionist and the officer as he proceeded out with his de-facto partner in the investigation. With any luck, the former wouldn't need to be 're-educated' too harshly for acquiescing to his rather blunt and unwavering candor so easily. The luxurious material of his cape and waist-cloth billowed and swayed in tandem with his saunter he made to exit, as though it meant to float on air that was not apparent to the untrained eye. Charisma and intimidation, whether intended or otherwise, were just a couple of the tools in a knight's arsenal. If he could effectively exemplify the courage to act in order to properly discharge a situation with his mere presence alone, he was all the better for it.

Once he secured a position beside the captain, he extended an arm toward the quartz, aiming to lay one of his metal-heavy hands on it. However considerably restricted his magic prowess was whilst donning the armor, empowering charms with a mote of his spellforce was still well within the range of his capabilities.

"A moment, friend... Permit me to strengthen the connection between the two of us and her location. I fear in its current state, that bauble of yours possesses nary the degree of potency required for our undertaking."

He wasn't the sort to wait on an answer to one of his suggestions, should it result in the hastening of a mission of objective, either. That being said, the moment he made to pour his energy into the trinket, its connection grew stronger still... without his intervention. Though alarmed by the sudden change, that wouldn't prevent him from further fortifying the signal strength. Soon enough, they would have a direct enough line to follow that it was arguable as to whether they hardly needed either spell to begin with.

"...'Twould seem she's returned to the from the depths of darkness and surfaced back in RhyDin proper. It appears as though we've a heading. Let's just hope we make it there in time. By your leave, Captain Jubal," Lucius offered, stretching his arm outward in the hopes that she would take the reins of the operation, as was her right.

* B.C. ACADEMY PRIVATE INSTRUCTOR - Pragmatic Applications of Magicks, Theorycrafting & Eldritch Lore
Owen the Marred
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: At the academy
12732.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had the appearance of a mad man and, in truth, he was. Crazed with fear and worry, he walked without truly seeing. All he was certain of was that his charge, his niece was calling to him for help and the only thing leading him to her was a feeling. Hazy memories flashed through his mind.

Milisindiel Longbow stood at the door of his cabin with Alexia in tow. She knelt before her toddler and whispered in her ear as she gave her a reassuring hug.

"Worry not, my darling. I'll come back to you. I'll always come back to you." With those words, she stood and gave her a gentle push toward her uncle.

Owen stood with open arms and a warm smile. A stark contrast to the man he would become. Alexia, appearing around four years old, went to him shyly but willingly. She loved her uncle but she didn't want her mother to leave. He scooped her up and hugged her and she began to smile.

"Everything will be fine, Millie. Don't worry about a thing. Alexia and I are going to have fun practicing spells and mixing potions, aren't we, little one?" He cooed.

Alexia nodded and giggled softly before turning back to her mother. Tears welled up and threatened to spill over, but she managed to keep up a brave face. Even so small, she always seemed to put other people's feelings before her own.

As the memory faded, he became more crazed and desperate, bumping into anyone unfortunate enough to be in his path and knocking things over in his wake. It was by some miracle he managed to slow down before careening into the very people on the same mission as he.

He wasn't even entirely sure he was talking to actual people or just figments of his fractured imagination, but he spoke anyway.

"I heard her! She's in trubble 'n I have t'find her! Not sure which way." He rambled hysterically.
Hope Jubal
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
4754.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope took a moment to allow Lucis to fiddle with the quartz tracker MCSI had given her. If he could boost the work done by the department, she was thrilled. It'd mean less wild hare chasing and more solid fox hunt. Hearing his assessment of Miss Longbow's return to a more public access point, Hope took a moment to study the quartz suspended by wire. The shard of milky translucent crystal slowly swung in various arcs as if it were feeling the energies of the city. Soon it settled in a solid tugging direction towards the south of Rhy'din City.

"Seems we have a solid heading to follow for the moment. South it would seem. I'd offer us a faster means to travel by my motorcycle, but my mentor told me that sometimes magic and electronics do not mix well and I'd rather not loose our direction. Hope you like walking Master Lucis." Hope said and lead a brisk walk only a former beat cop could manage through the sprawling town of Rhy'din.

It was when they reached the southern gate and the pathways marked off to various trails all leading to the Southern Glen, that Hope paused a moment.

"If Miss Longbow was indeed released by her captors, or somehow managed an escape, it seems to have lead to her being out in the Southern Glen. Which is something to note especially given how many on the list missing that you gave me a month or so earlier were often found missing in the city, or the few found deceased were as well in the city. I was beginning to believe there was an operation going on in the city proper, then again, the Southern Glen could make a good access point as well for moving people and bodies." She mused and rambled under her breath as she mentally logged her notes.

Moving her hand, wrist out and quartz still tugging, she watched for the path pulled towards the most and then took Lucis down the rabbit hole, for this was another case where you just hoped someone didn't ask you to eat something to make you big or small or someone wanted to lop off your head.

((Work has been hell. Sorry for the delay.))
Zynisch Lucis
The Umbral Judicer
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
3101.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yours was a wise teacher, indeed. Be that as it may, time is short. What's another few moments of land-based movement, really so long as we hurry? I'm not the sort that would shirk my duties purely based off of that kind of malaise, Captain." the knight responded. It was during this stint of rebuttal that he felt something collide lightly with his armor, prompting the silvered plate of his helmet to lower to the frantic man now spouting worrying fragments of fear-addled drivel. Reaching down to place a hand over his shoulder, he would attempt to calm him with a very gentle squeezing.

"Friend, if you're going to babble on like a fool, the least you could do is collect your thoughts beforehand, so the two of us don't have to sift through your muddled words in an attempt to clarify your piecemeal intent. Now, what is it you're meaning to say.. You've found whom... your charge? We've managed to locate her. The Captain was just about to give the command to move," he uttered harshly, the patience that would otherwise be characteristic of him lost to the urgency of the situation.

Slowly did he avert his gaze from the man he'd been attempting to soothe to Jubal as she elaborated on her plan. "Yes, that place is becoming a hotbed of missing people reports with rather troubling frequency. We shouldn't dawdle longer than we have. As it stands, we're burning what little time we have to retrieve her whilst she's still on the surface." With that, the man proceeded in the direction that the stone's radiance designated. That having been said, his gait wasn't particularly fast, as he not only had his armaments to weigh him down, but he was also making certain the two of them could keep up with him.

Alexia Longbow
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
650.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was quiet in the Southern Glen. Even the chirping birds seemed to put their music on hold. For deep in the woods, a mysterious girl slept. All manner of creatures had gathered to watch her. Some were so curious as to sit on her back or snuggle near her face. Others still waited in the shadows to see if eating her was an option. They mercifully decided to resist for now.

After a long while, she finally stirred. Her voice was etched with pain as she groaned softly into the blades of grass in front of her face. Slowly, she rose to her knees and knelt there a moment. It took her a while to realize the spots of red were little pools of her own blood that had gathered as she slept.

Despite her horrific injuries, she stood up, picked a direction, and walked barefoot and bleeding. Sorrow and fear that threatened to overtake her. She was lost and incredibly weak and disoriented, but she refused to give in. Instead, she simply continued walking in a straight line, hoping she would soon find help.

After what seemed like hours, but was likely just a few excruciating minutes, she finally cleared the forest and found herself on a familiar path. Her temporary entourage of animals stopped at the edge of the glen and simply watched her as if seeing her off before dispersing back to their lives. Finally, her efforts paid off, she could hear footsteps and what she thought might have been shouting.

Not entirely sure her mind wasn't playing tricks on her, she listened carefully. She could swear she heard Master Owen and at least one other voice. Her pace quickened. It was as close to a run as she could manage. Her vision blurred, whether from the overwhelming emotions or her quickly swelling eye, it wasn't clear. It didn't matter. She was almost there.

((I'm not going anywhere, I promise!))
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> The Fountain -> The 27th Special Operations Division of the RhyDin Watch All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: