Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Lessons

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Elisian Fields -> Realm of Eldicor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erwyn
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Eldicor
1432.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Lessons Reply with quote

True to his word, Xenograg worked all winter with Erwyn’s growing ‘magical’ powers as well as refreshing her on combat and self defense skills. After one particularly grueling lesson, Erwyn returns to her own quarters. Seeing her personal servant, Arabella, she groans and orders a bath. Erwyn carefully strips off her ‘practice garb’ (a simple tunic and breeches) Once the bath is filled, she climbs into the tub… easing herself down with a soft sigh of contentment.

“Working with ‘Ada’ again?” Arabella asks as she pours water down Erwyn’s back and starts to soap it.

“Yes, today he tested me against one of his prized worriers. He was strong, it took all I could muster but I finally bested him.”

“Was he handsome?” Arabella asks with a little giggle. Erwyn smiles.

“He towered over me, shoulders out to here.” Erwyn stretches her arms out wide. “With dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, a broad chin... yes, he was handsome.”

“Maybe he let you beat him.” Arabella softly teases. “A tender young slender thing like you.”

“I don’t think so. I got a work out with this one. He seemed genuinely surprised when I beat him. Finally.”

The rest of the bath consisted of small gossip of the castle’s never ending little dramas. After her bath she dresses in a simple gown of silver grey, and eases into her arm chair in front of the fireplace. Arabella starts to brush Erwyn’s long bright blonde strands of hair. A knock is heard on the door. Erwyn takes the brush from Arabella’s hand and started to brush her hair herself while Arabella answers the door. Rose stands there, her hands in her apron pockets.

“Sorry to bother you, but your mother would like you to see her. She’s in her apartments.”

Erwyn sighs. “Tell mother I’ll be right there as soon as I am done dressing.”

“Yes m’lady.” Rose answers with a small curtsy and leaves
“Probably wants to know how things are going with the Baron.” Erwyn says with a soft moan. She was tired. all she wanted to do was rest. After her hair was braided and slippers on her slender feet she takes her leave of Arabella and heads for her mother’s apartments.
Erwyn
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Eldicor
1432.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At her mother’s door, the guards straighten to let Erwyn knock on the door. Constance opens it to let her in. Constance had been her mother’s personal ‘lady in waiting’ since she took the throne. Constance’s hair was fully grey now, but she still had the energy of one half her age.

“Ah...yer mum’s been awaiting ye.” In her no nonsense way that Erwyn had come to expect. Teleperien stood when she came in and taking Erwyn’s hands she kissed her on the cheek.

“Sit daughter, I can see you are weary. I won’t keep you long, but I would like to know how your lessons are faring.”

“Today was exceptionally hard, I learned on one of the Baron’s champions.” Erwyn stifled a groan as she sat in one of the soft chairs that sat across from the queen. “He was twice my size and he did not soften his blows. But in the end I bested him. It was hard fought.”

Teleperien looked pleased. “Well done daughter.” She paused and went on. “Tomorrow, I will ask that you do not go to your lessons. We will have guests and I would that you were here to meet them. I will send a missive to Xenograg myself explaining your absence.”

“Oh?” This grabbed Erwyn’s interest. “Who am I to meet?”

“A family that wants to buy land and start a farm. They have a son and a daughter. I must meet them before I grant them their request. I wish you would meet them as well.”

“Yes mother.” To be honest, after today’s lesson, Erwyn wished for a day of rest. But something told her this would not be the day of rest she wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Elisian Fields -> Realm of Eldicor All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: