Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

The Green Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annabeth Caldwell
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Performer
Can Be Found: Rhy'din. :)
3721.66 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject: Donations Reply with quote

Annabeth set up a large cardboard box in the Green Room, with a sign on the front, and a matching one above it on the wall that read.

"My home may now be here in Rhy'din, but I still have ties to my old home on Earth. Recently my old neighbors and friends have been devastated by a forest fire, and many homes and crops were burned to the ground. If you would like to make a donation of blankets, clothes, toys, etc. for me to give to my former neighbors and friends, please feel free!

Annabeth Caldwell"
Rhiannon D Harker
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Falconer, Ferriers
Can Be Found: Harker's Island off the coast of the elven kingdom of Eldicor
11711.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An envelope addressed to Annabeth was left in the box with the following note:

Dear Annabeth,

Maggie has told me of the tragedy that has befallen your friends and neighbors. Our family would like to help out by purchasing lumber and other supplies to help rebuild some of the homes that were destroyed. We've been in touch with building supply firms closest to the area to place the orders. Work crews are being arranged through local contractors.

Best wishes,

Rhiannon D. Harker
Annabeth Caldwell
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
3721.66 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading the envelope from Rhiannon, Annabeth finds Maggie and gives her another envelope to pass on to Rhiannon.

Dear Rhiannon,

Thank you from all of us. We're a proud people, but that doesn't mean we can't accept truly well meaning help when we're down. Know that your gift is truly appreciated, and will be used in the best way. I also know that if Rhy'din is ever in need, my neighbors will be here to help if they can.

Sincerely,
Annabeth
Tempus Fugit
Lord of Storms
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Groom, Sword for Hire
Can Be Found: Rhy'din / Bristle Crios / The Hanging Garden / Shanachie Theater
1382.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying Brend wasn't always a black out drunk would be a little bit of a stretch, likewise with saying Brend hadn't ever woken up in a Green Room before without the ability to completely recall what happened the night before.

He rubbed at the corners of his eyes, and sat up on the counter top he'd been sprawled across. He could have sworn he went to sleep last night in a bed, Lydia's bed to be specific. He began talking to himself as he tried to straighten out.

"How the hell does she put up with me, I wonder." He squinted. The lights were bright, and he wasn't sure if he was even wearing his own clothes. They seemed small. He remembered the festivities, and the open bar. He especially remembered how good Lydia looked - it was good to see her let her mind wander away from the school. Nothing to be done there, at least not for what she was fretting about. Yet. He thought - knew - he'd gone home with her to her place, and he thought he'd fallen asleep, not passed out.

But here he awoke.

"How much did I drink, gods," he slipped off the counter, and began peeling clothes off. "I need a hot shower."

And set off looking for one, mid-strip.

No worries, he'll stop before things get indecent.

Probably.

Let's be honest we all know he's going all the way, and all know this is really a veiled Full Monty audition.
Tempus Fugit
Lord of Storms
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
1382.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More often than not as the date drew closer, Brend could be found shadow boxing to 'Eye of the Tiger' while intensely staring at the calendar, and the 23rd of January circled.

And he was almost always clothed - at least to the point of semi decency.
KhaoticBliss
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: on stage, in the dark
14854.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The break over the holidays had been nice, but Saila was beginning to find that she craved the theater and absolutely loved her job. After dropping Grace off at the Salon, the mercurial teen arrived at the Shanachie bright and early on the 23rd, ready to go to work. The girl was practically humming with excited energy and had trouble holding still, but she did her best to keep it together so as not to aggravate any of her cast mates.

Arandir
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The Village of Anarven
346.02 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Kismet was quickly coming to a close, Arandir felt the need to tell those at the Shanachie just how much he'd enjoyed his time there and appreciated their friendship; and so, he left a basket of elven treats in the green room, baked specially by his own people, along with a note that read:

Dear Mataya & All Our Friends at the Shanachie,

I would like to personally thank you all for everything you have done for Carina and me. I am not only grateful for the experience, but also for your friendship. We have come to think of you all as family, and we hope that the friendships we have made here will not be forgotten now that we are leaving the theater to start a family of our own.

As for myself, I have learned so much from being here, not just about the theater, but about life in Rhy'Din, and I feel privileged to have had this experience. Perhaps one day, we will return to the theater, but for now, we will be preparing for the birth of our child and enjoying our new lives as parents.

Please know that this is not farewell, as we will continue to support the Shanachie in any way we can, including attending performances when time allows.

I must offer a very special thank you to Mataya, without whose kind and generous support, encouragement, and friendship, we would not have been part of this incredible experience. Diola lle, mellon.

It has truly been an honor and a privilege to be part of such an amazing, talented, and welcoming group of people as those here at the Shanachie. We leave you not with sadness in our hearts, but joy for the memories you have given us.

Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle.
~ Arandir & Carina

((Just in case anyone needs a translation:
Diola lle, mellon. - Thank you, my friend.
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle. - May thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back.
Arandir and Carina will be leaving the theater group at the conclusion of Kismet, but either or both of them might return at some point in the future. You never know. Thanks to everyone at the Shanachie who made their presence a welcome one and stay tuned to Motley Menagerie of Myriad Marvels for more of their story. Thanks for reading! Smile ))
Josette Wheeler
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: most likely rehearsing
4169.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an extraordinary moment in a ballerina's life when she makes her lead debut with a company and Josette felt that moment deserved to be celebrated in every way possible! The petite ballerina waited till she finished dancing her part in the first Act, before she made her way back to the dressing rooms while the others were onstage.

Once the gift was arranged to Josette's satisfaction, she made her way back to the wings with a tissue in hand to catch the end of Harper's awe inspiring performance as Giselle and admire the truly gorgeous splendor of Miranda's costumes as they caught the light. That same tissue went flying off somewhere into the wings as she burst into applause once the curtain came down in the final Act.

When Harper arrived in her dressing room, she would find a hand written note, a vase of Peonies for the first day of Spring, Champagne to toast with once the curtain came down, and a layered necklace within a jewelry box that held a tiny ballet slipper and a white gold wolf that made her think of Harper the moment she saw it.

It had been a tumultuous few months in the city, but as always, the theater had come together in unity with a talented and diverse group of performers that continued to inspire her on a daily basis. It was Harper's night to shine and in her own way, Josette wanted her to know that every part of what made her such a beautiful and unique addition to the company was celebrated and cherished tonight.
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Tutor, Groom
Can Be Found: Harkers' Island or Cardinal Inn
18613.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie tacked up a note.

To the Members of the Shanachie Theater Company and Management Team,

In recognition of the Shanachie Theater's past participation in Children's Day events, the company has been added to our list of sponsors. The contributions of your time and talents are greatly appreciated.

This year's events will be held 9 April - 15 April. I hope that you will be willing and able once again this year to remind Rhydin's children that they are special and the future of our community.

Sincere thanks,

Maggie Harker.
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Home or work
25899.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacked up next to Maggie's letter was another, its only claim to being officially from the management the familiar scrawl of the owner's signature.

To all,

I need volunteers. The Shanachie Theater has been honored with being named one of the sponsors of Children's Day, and we're going to look good doing it, or die trying. Wink

Back to the volunteers bit.

I need;

- Several dancers, of any discipline or none at all, with the patience to teach one very short, very simple dance routine many times to many different people, probably in awkward confines

- Several singers, preferably with a familiarity with Disney, since our darling Gabe is frothing at the mouth at my devious plans

- Several actors, male and female, with a familiarity with Earth fairytales

Non-compulsory, non-paid, but ask anyone who's been involved with Children's Day before, and they'll tell you how much fun they had! Promise! Also - free food.

Much love,
Mataya

Consonance
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Can he?
269.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free food? Disney music? Count Asher in. To add to the string of new notes, he added a little note on a scrap of handwritten sheet music.

I can sing, I can dance. After all Miss, this is France.

Scratch that. This isn't France, but I can still sing, dance, play music. Everyone else should too. It'll be a ripper of a good time.

-Asher

Cataclysmic
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Artist, Performer
Can Be Found: Around Town
2065.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to help, along with it being a good excuse to see about getting the twins to come out and spoil, Belle slapped up a sticky note beside Asher's note.

I'm in! Provided we can get Mr. Price here to stop singing Beauty and the Beast when he trails behind me. Wink

ps - when's the next group date to go see it at the movies again?

- Belle Gallows

Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: most likely rehearsing
4169.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While munching on her pre-show snack in the Green Room before warming up for the evening's performance of Giselle, Josette glanced at the notes on the board to catch up on all she might have missed in the usual frenzy of the run. After reading the other notes, she chuckled and then added her own note next to Belle's and Asher's, along with her two cents on a few potential casting choices!

Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Dockside
2117.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up, especially for anything with Disney. You should also sign up Josiah Aubrey. He's agreeable. Trust me.

-Sabine Gabrielle
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: on stage, in the dark
14854.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the flurry of notes:

"Sure thing. I don't know what a Disney is but give me a minute with the Internet and I'm down.

--Saila."

Dorian Hadley
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: At home with Seren, or at work at the Shanachie Theater.
268.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorian scanned the notices Maggie and Mataya had tacked up on the bulletin board and added his name to the growing list of volunteers. He wasn't quite sure what Children's Day was all about, but it sounded like fun, and it seemed like it was for a good cause.

Quote:
Would be happy to help! Sounds like fun! Count me in!
~Dorian

So long as it was going to be held during the day and not at night during a full moon, anyway.
Eregor
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Gardener, Performer
Can Be Found: Gardenhome, the Shanachie Theater, or at the Academy of Bristle Crios
18298.48 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A chuckle escaped Eregor's lips as he read the slew of notes on the Green Room corkboard. Snagging a piece of paper and pen, he quickly jotted down his own addition.

If I didn't participate, I fear my niece would disown me. Of course I'm volunteering! Wouldn't miss it!

~ Eregor
Doran Ilnaren
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Groom, Performer
Can Be Found: Stardreamer Manor
15267.28 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following was pinned just below Eregor's note.

I'm with you, too! Disney's cool, and who doesn't love a good fairy tale?

Doran
Tempus Fugit
Lord of Storms
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
1382.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: One Thousand Years Ago, Superstition and the Sword Ruled... Reply with quote

Brend added a note of his own:

"Sign me up. I'll play those little rug rats outta here like the Pied Piper of, wait," (because Brend writes letters as he speaks), "this is like... a benefit. To the kids. Sorry, I thought I was supposed to be helping the parents out. I can sing, especially as anthropomorphized objects and hapless wannabe protagonists that have been somehow hideously transformed. It's kinda my thing - and you can check out a copy of 'Singing as Anthropomorphized Objects is My Thing, Baby! - By Brendryck Stormgaard', at the Rhydin Public Library."

"ps, I also do the occasional Street Rat, Crustacean, and Royal Ice, um, carriers? Whatever that dude was. Oh, and I totally rock Gargoyles - they're Disney but not heavy on the singing. Just saying."

Tacked alongside his note was a questionably dated Rhydin Library card.
Kruger
THE ANVIL
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Blacksmith, City Guard
Can Be Found: Kruger's Exotic Weapons Armor & Leather
89648.84 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone put a note up for him:

Currently out of town, but count Kruger in. He should be back by the dates he's needed. He says he'd make an excellent Beast to anyone's Beauty... or maybe a precocious jin.
Marcus Spencer
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: At home or the Shanachie Theater
223.20 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another name was added to the board with a simple note attached. He wasn't much of a singer or dancer, and he'd never played a fairy tale character before, but he was an experienced actor, and there was always a first time for everything.

Willing to help in whatever way I can.
Marcus Spencer
Merethyl Benoit
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Working or playing with her husband
3684.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How she'd missed the ever increasing array of notes on the board these last few days was anyone's guess, but Merry finally found herself perusing the list as a small smile played about her lips. She'd been watching some of this Disney stuff over the last month, much to Christian's amusement, and with her leave of absence for the remainder of the year looming, she thought this might be fun.

So she found a pen, and a space on someone else's note, and scribbled her own reply.

Christian and I would be delighted to join in with Children's Day, also. - Merry.

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Home or work
25899.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all those notes now gathered under one pin, the board was this morning covered in letters addressed to each of the volunteers, each stamped with TOP SUPER SECRET BUSINESS in bright pink ink.

((OOC - all volunteers should have received a PM from me by now. If you haven't, let me know!))
Eregor
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Gardener, Performer
Can Be Found: Gardenhome, the Shanachie Theater, or at the Academy of Bristle Crios
18298.48 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the Green Room would be relatively quiet for weeks or months at a time, as cast members focused on their performances or simply relaxed and unwound. Other times it was a hotbed of activity, and the post-audition week before every new season tended towards the latter.

Eregor arrived at the Shanachie fairly early bearing boxes of freshly-baked fruit turnovers (appkle, cherry, or peach) along with a breakfast buffet featuring scrambled eggs, meats, oatmeal, and bagels. There were fruit juices available, plus assorted coffees and teas.

He took a deep breath, drawing in the aroma of the food, and waited to welcome new and returning castmates alike.
Annabeth Caldwell
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
3721.66 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She arrived not long after Eregor did with her daughter Lottie in tow. The serious dark haired girl just took in everything. It wasn't her first time in the theater, but it was probably the first time she was here quite this early.

Annabeth greeted Eregor and then moved to help fix Lottie a bite to eat but for the most part, like her fellow actor, she was just waiting for the crowd to arrive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: