Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

A Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> From the Dragon's Mouth -> Beyond the White Tower
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valucia Sabet
The Aes Sedai
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Priestess, Scribe
Can Be Found: Bulwark's Cove (North-East RhyDin) has been purchased for herself and those of the White Tower.
1313.90 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some had the power to flit from one place to another with a mere thought or wave of their hand. The Ogier had the talent for building and activating way gates, if there had been enough time and power to do so. But neither were at their disposal.

There was no waste of power for such a thing. She did not dare touch the little figurine she had brought with her for any purpose unless the moment was dire. And no matter the power she could wield, if needed, it was not the skill of traveling.

Normally, the small lady of one of the great houses would have been content to do things the ways that most knew within the Ten Nations, but she could not help but feel the urgency of their quest tugging and pulling at her to rush along.

The delicate line of her brow was slightly furrowed, staring at the moonlit path that wound its way north-east, away from RhyDin City. No torches were needed, no light conjured in the palm of her hand was needed with two moons brightly casting a ghostly light on the ground in every direction for at least a league.

The Gleeman looked to Gweidoh and Yasmaen who were quietly speaking with each other before Ian nudged his horse forward to catch up with Valucia.

She rode her horse with a certain measure of grace, despite her being dressed in the plainest of her traveling dresses and cloak. Dark brown and a dour shade of yellow that made her outwardly appear as uninteresting as possible. Her head lowered a little and turned towards the gleeman who had brought his horse to the same bearing as hers.

Ian took his time in asking her, choosing his words carefully. "Will you say what you are thinking, Valucia Sedai?"

Blackpearl eyes regarded him then turned away to look off in the distance. She shifted with the movement of the horse beneath her. "I am thinking that you are curious about the addition I selected for this journey."

He did not look back to Gweidoh. "I am, but you know that is not what I meant." The gleeman was neither chiding nor anything else. He had expected her to deflect the question. It was the way of Ajah, naturally.

"I am thinking that I do not know enough, possibly, to help them." She breathed a moment while she thought on DaNel, her Sister and the Warder as well as the child she had sent them to find. "I am thinking that I need to know more about the threat." Dark, grey eyes shifted back to him. "Tell me more about the darkfriend. What do you know, I wonder."

"As I said earlier, it is all very bad." The gleeman's face that was practiced with many a smile over the years seemed to be at a loss to find one at that moment. "Very well. As we seem to have plenty of miles ahead of us, there will be time to tell you all that I have heard. And what I have seen with my own eyes."

Valucia wondered at his hesitation, openly watching him quietly to afford him ample allowance for him to gather his thoughts and tell her the ill bits and pieces.
Tia mi aven moridin isainde vadin
(The grave is no bar to my call)
Valucia Sabet
The Aes Sedai
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Priestess, Scribe
Can Be Found: Bulwark's Cove (North-East RhyDin) has been purchased for herself and those of the White Tower.
1313.90 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The whispers and talk I have heard is about a man called Skarsbane." Ian scoffed at his own words and shook his head. "If he can be called a man. Even some of the worst men would lose the contents of their stomachs to have witnessed a moment of what he has done."

Valucia ignored the cold, though it was insistent at trying to gain her attention with bitter touches to her face and tugging at her mustard colored cloak. She could tell by his tones that he had, perhaps, witnessed something for himself.

"Now -- mind you -- it's all been told in the heat of gossip that some women have when there's nothing else to talk of... or when drunks or thieves' den members cannot take another clear image in their mind of what they have supposedly seen." Ian continued.

A large part of him didn't want to speak of it at all. The reins at his gloves were rearranged while he passed his attention to the moonlit, jacked horizon far off in the distance and back to woman who had been one of the Blue Ajah for decades. He knew, for a fact, that Aes Sedai were rumored to be as young as in their teens to as old as hundreds of years. He had known Valucia Sabet for at least twenty years and she hadn't aged a day.

"One man, a thatcher by trade, said he had gone to work on a fellow's farm to repair storm damage to a couple of roofs on the property. The bit of land was in Dorlan --"

"Not far from Tar Valon. Very small. I am familiar with it. A thatcher though?"

"Yes. He was complaining he had been asked to repair the roofs and discovered they were all slate in that area. He had left to go back into Tar Valon to get the slate he needed since what he had brought with him would not do." He took a moment to breathe and gather his thoughts before continuing. "By the time her returned, it was just in time to see a thin man with dark markings on his face and arms cleave the man's head from his shoulders. The man's wife and children were not spared."

"The thatcher saw this for himself?"

"The others were dead when he arrived. He hid himself behind one of the buildings and peeked about the corner of it just in time to see them man's head taken from him." Ian shook his head. "He heard the darkfriend called Skarsbane by a handful of others he was with."

"Did the thatcher say anything else, I wonder." Valucia was solemnly quiet.

"Oh yes, but not for a long time. He wept, right there.. right there, Valucia."

He didn't seem to be aware the was being too familiar with her and slowly continued. "He found the mayor of the hamlet and brought him back. The bodies were all where he had seen them, scattered outside between barn and home. Heads all removed and a slash to each of their foreheads and chests."

Yasmaen and Gweidoh had heard the words clearly enough on the cold night air. And they heard the heavy, deafening silence that fell afterwards.

"Lady Sabet. There is a clearing, just ahead, where some stop along this road when traveling." It was Gweidoh that broke the silence to suggest it.

"Hmm?" Valucia looked over her left shoulder to the pair riding behind then, then off towards the clearing he spoke of. "Yes, of course. An excellent idea, Gweidoh."

Valucia had much to wonder at and ask about, but it would wait until morning when everyone had the chance for rest and to allow the Gleeman a break from the awful tale. She suspected there was a lot more and wanted time to hear it without sleep creeping about them.
Tia mi aven moridin isainde vadin
(The grave is no bar to my call)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> From the Dragon's Mouth -> Beyond the White Tower All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: