Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

One Step at a Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> Queer Portents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakob
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: One Step at a Time Reply with quote

An avid journaler, Jakob made it a point to sit down and write out the dayís events. He had enough curiosity for three cats, so he was often finding himself in places and situations that he felt the need to write for posterityís sake. He thought that maybe, one day, his children or grandchildren would find the journals he kept and see life through his eyes. One day, he hoped, theyíd make a book or even a movie out of his adventures.

Two journals were already completely filled from cover to cover with scrawlings and sketches. Blood and tears wrinkled quite a few pages. But when heíd become a teen, his foster mother (one of many, he thought it might have been Anne) purchased an electronic journal for him and heís used it ever since. He stored the logs in the Cloud, so space was never an issue.

Day One

Was playing football with the guys and went for a hail mary. I didnít see the hole, portal, whatever it was, but next thing I know Iím in the eye of what seemed like an electrical storm. I couldnít see the sky, grass, the guys, nothing. It was like pure energy surrounded me in a sea of deep purples and blues, with zaps of lightning in greens and gold. I wish I had a camera. I canít describe it very well but it was very intense and like Christmas lights, the Aurora Borealis and a hurricane, all at once.

Then I felt a pull, like I was sucked out of the storm by my chest. My throat hurts so I must have been screaming or laughing (probably both!). My eyes closed, but I donít remember being knocked out. When I opened them the whirring and whooshing sounds were gone and instead of lights and floods of color, it was night time. I could see the moon, the stars, street lampsÖ but nothing looked familiar. Then I saw a second moon and I knew for certain that I was no longer in Kansas any longer. Not that I had been in Kansas, guess I watch too much television.

I still had all of the clothes that Iíd been wearing, plus my backpack so I had more clothes, a few dollars, some snack cakes, my journals and my bottle of water with me. Thereís no sense in looking back, so I decided to see what I could see. What better than a new city to explore? I wondered what kind of people lived here? Would they even speak English? I only know enough Spanish to get me into trouble. What if they donít even speak an Earthen language at all? What if they are all brain sucking aliens?

I havenít met any brain sucking aliens, but I have met a few people. They do speak English, for the most part. I wandered through the streets and found this fantastic open air market. There was this huge fountain in the middle. And, like at the Renaissance Festival, there were people dressed up and performing all sorts of music, dances, juggling, telling jokesÖ it was fun! There were vendors selling all sorts of things from needle and thread to pulled pork sandwiches. I spent the day there just watching people and looking at the things for sale. It sure beat Greathouse, thatís for sure.

As evening set in I set course for what I thought was the middle of the city. Four lefts are supposed to equal a right; but not in this city. I usually have a really good sense of direction, but this place changes. I felt kind of like a lab rat in a maze. I wonder if some one up there is moving the pieces and changing the game.

Found a dumpster to crawl into for the night, so Iíll have to take a shower in the morning.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day Forteen

I finally found a place to charge this electric journal up! I stumbled on an ancient looking building, The Red Dragon Inn. It was rustic and something out of the Renaissance Festival. The people and creatures that Iíve met there are all so interesting. Itís like childhood stories and fairy tales are coming true, right in front of my eyes! As I was walking the streets, I could hear the sounds that they make. Like roars of lions or screeches from dragons (not the komodo kind but real life, scales and horns and claws and fire, but weíll get to that!)

So a dragon wakes me up. Part of me wanted to piss my pants, knowing that I was breakfast! But a bigger part of me wanted to touch, to be up close and interact. Most guys have pet dogs and cats, some pigs. But nobody at home has sat down and had a bonafide conversation with a dragon! I played it cool and did get to touch the dragon. Her scales were blue and shimmery like mother of pearl.

I met a guy named Goshen who seemed nice. He didnít say much, but smiled a lot. Met a lot of people, as a matter of fact. I went to the governor candidateís cage match. Yes, cage match. If things back in the world that I came from could be handled like that then maybe things wouldnít be in such a mess.Anyway, met more people there, started hanging out with Sollux (wonít ever call him Solly again!) and Trick. They have a friend that was there with a camera, filming the match, but I donít remember his name.

Trick said that his sister had to adjust the wards on their house so I can stay there. I donít know what that means, but he helped me to get moved in. Iím on the third floor (thank God I didnít have anything more than a backpack and a gym bag!) in a room with a nice fireplace. I hear it gets really cold here so I can use it. I really want to meet the rest of the housemates!

We were in the Inn and that dragon started to eat a Gingerbread Man. I had to leave. The Gingerbread Man was running around and screaming when she bit his leg. It was AWFUL! Not to mention the dragon gets the fire farts (I could not make this up!) when she eats too much ginger. Iím surprised that the Inn was still standing when I got there later on that night.

Anyway, Trick pointed me to Maelstrom. Itís a techno/industrial/grunge bar/dance club kind of place. I got a job there as a go-go boy and I bus the tables and bar, too. Tips have been pretty good and I paid back the Red Dragon Inn for all of the food and water that Iíve been taking while sleeping in the booths. Itís so nice to stay in a real house with a real bed and to have the freedom of nobody telling me when I can come and go. I donít have a curfew and if I wanted to smoke weed or drink, I can without someone pointing their fat fingers in my face. Itís fantastic!

Think Iím going to turn in early so I can get out and explore some more. I overheard about a place called the Glen with a lake and a forest. Iím going to get up early and check it out.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Month

The learning curve here is pretty steep. I met the rest of the housemates, though Trick's sister Mallory and her girlfriend, Eri have moved into a place of their own. I don't know them all that well, so I hope the coffee pot I picked up in the Market isn't too much. I hope they like it.

Mallory did this thing called void walking, or something like that. We were sitting in the Inn, just minding our own business with Eri. Mal asked me to lean in for a secret and next thing I know there's a flash of light then grayness with people with masks on. Reminded me of the harlequin masks. Anyway, that was over just as quick as it started and I ended up on my ass on the cobblestone of the market. Mal said that people inside were plotting our murder. The hell did I do to them?

Picked up a few other things at the market: a silver necklace and crucifix, some iron nails (I coated them with clear fingernail polish to stop them from rusting in my pocket), a few things called fetishes and other stuff to ward off evil. I hope it works. Mal and Eri said they are good things to have.

Met Spencer, too. She doesn't like me, said so to my face. I have to admire someone who has the cajones to say it to my face. I don't see her that often though. I come in after work early in the morning and crash. By the time I get up, she's usually gone. I think the cat is hers.

The cat. Was told that it liked blood, so I bought a bag of B positive. The cat didn't seem to like it. Hell if I know. It just glared at me and I thought my life was going to end. I'll leave the cat alone and hopefully it'll leave me alone.

Put some money into an envelope and slid it under Spencer's door. Nobody's asked for rent or even said how much it is. I figured I owe them for letting me stay, so I'll just keep doing that. Oh, and putting chocolate ice cream in the freezer. Who doesn't like chocolate ice cream?

Life's pretty good.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been feeling queasy, waking me up after sleeping for a few hours. It passes quickly and then I'm fine. I think I should lay off of the wings and other food that comes out of the kitchen at work. The indigestion is starting to affect my sleep. Just one good day... night... hell a full eight hours sleep would be great.

Got me a new phone but haven't been able to catch anyone at home and awake at the same time. Been working a lot so I've not been able to hang out at that tea shop or the bar. Going to change that and tell the boss that I need more than a single night off.

Can't really complain though. I'm quite fit and more toned that I've ever been and the tips have been great! Made a few friends with the bartenders and bouncers. The other dancers are too competitive and still see me more of an outsider than one of them. I'm sure that'll change.

Managed to catch a show at a local theater. Was really good. Might think of applying there to earn an honest wage and wear clothes when I work.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so last night I got off of the stage and went to the bar for a bottle of water. Lindsey walks up and places her hand on my stomach and makes a joke. She laughed and asked when I was due. What the hell does that mean? Sure, I've gained a couple of pounds because holiday eating is... well who can resist ham dinners that are offered up?

Guess I better start jogging and doing some cardio training to lose the holiday pounds. Geez.

Nothing else new really going on. Having a fireplace in my room is a huge bonus! It's snowed and been so cold outside. Don't get that in San Diego.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a UTI. Ugh, so gross! Doc says to drink more water (as if I drink anything else!) and take anti-biotics. Did that and added cranberry juice so I'm feeling better. I took a couple of days off of work to relax and put my feet up.

Went to the Inn the other night. Met this guy that was hot, but kind of an oddball. He announced that he's my boyfriend and helped me to play piano. Was weird but kind of neat to play the piano. Well I wouldn't exactly call what I did playing, but as soon as I was done I left so... who knows what he thought?

His sister is cool though. Purplest hair I've ever seen and weird eyes that just looked, different? I mean, I didn't look that close but.

I'm enjoying an herbal tea, feet on the hearth and getting warm from the fire. It's nice to take a day off.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was in the cage. It's on a pedestal in the middle of the dance floor. It's a toss up between the bar and the cage as to where you get the best tips. I was doing alright, grabbing the bars and grinding against them. Bills were looking like leaves on my string and there were a lot of coins on the floor. So, made a lot last night.

When you're in the cage, you're in the center of attention. Everyone sees you, they watch you and that's not a big deal. Used to that. But sometimes I felt like I was being watched. Like that creepy, hairs raising on your neck kind of watched. So I do a couple of turns, just to see what's up and there's this guy that's staring. He's not smiling or bouncing to the music. He's staring like I'm his next meal or something.

On break I asked Dave who that guy was and he said that the guy's name is Ben. That he's some hot shot lawyer or doctor or something and that he's the king of the hill at the moment. That he has guys lined up around the block for a chance with him. And how lucky I must be to have caught his attention. I'm not so sure about lucky, but whatever. I got back into the cage and did my thing.

At the end of the night, as I was sitting in the dressing room counting up my tips, there was a card attached to a very large bill. Ben left his business card with a C note. Not sure I'm going to call. He has a different conquest every night and who wants to be a notch on someone's headboard, right? I don't know. He was cute, even if it felt like he was stalking me.

I'll just ignore him for now. He may be cute, hot, good in bed, whatever his reputation is. But he's not all that.

I can wait.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was in the cage. It's on a pedestal in the middle of the dance floor. It's a toss up between the bar and the cage as to where you get the best tips. I was doing alright, grabbing the bars and grinding against them. Bills were looking like leaves on my string and there were a lot of coins on the floor. So, made a lot last night.

When you're in the cage, you're in the center of attention. Everyone sees you, they watch you and that's not a big deal. Used to that. But sometimes I felt like I was being watched. Like that creepy, hairs raising on your neck kind of watched. So I do a couple of turns, just to see what's up and there's this guy that's staring. He's not smiling or bouncing to the music. He's staring like I'm his next meal or something.

On break I asked Dave who that guy was and he said that the guy's name is Ben. That he's some hot shot lawyer or doctor or something and that he's the king of the hill at the moment. That he has guys lined up around the block for a chance with him. And how lucky I must be to have caught his attention. I'm not so sure about lucky, but whatever. I got back into the cage and did my thing.

At the end of the night, as I was sitting in the dressing room counting up my tips, there was a card attached to a very large bill. Ben left his business card with a C note. Not sure I'm going to call. He has a different conquest every night and who wants to be a notch on someone's headboard, right? I don't know. He was cute, even if it felt like he was stalking me.

I'll just ignore him for now. He may be cute, hot, good in bed, whatever his reputation is. But he's not all that.

I can wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> Queer Portents All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: