Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

The Green Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eregor
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Gardener, Performer
Can Be Found: Gardenhome, the Shanachie Theater, or at the Academy of Bristle Crios
18249.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note was pinned to the Green Room corkboard.

Quote:
I would like to take this opportunity to annouce the birth of Rhi's and my son, Brian Vincent Túr Gairdín! He was born this past Friday, January 26, after a thankfully easy hour of labor.

Rhi tells me, "That's easy for YOU to say!" She is smiling as she says it, though.

Baby and mother are both in excellent health and resting comfortably! I'll bring little Brian by the Theater soon!

With much joy!
Eregor Túr Gairdín
Annabeth Caldwell
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Performer
Can Be Found: Rhy'din. :)
3917.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the note Eregor had posted, Annabeth couldn't help but grin. She could almost hear both their voices speaking through that little piece of paper.

She was quite happy for them, and she couldn't wait to take Lottie shopping for a present that afternoon.

Later that evening a gift was delivered to the Tur Gairdin household. Inside was a handmade quilt, a plush bear, and a rattle in shape of a sword. The note that came with it read,

"Congratulations both of you! I look forward to seeing little Brian when you do bring him by. My daughter Lottie, offers her condolences that he wasn't a daughter, but insisted on the sword, 'Because here in Rhy'din even boys need to be armed, Mommy.' How do you argue with a 7 1/2 year old?"
Mairead Harker
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Tutor, Groom
Can Be Found: Harkers' Island or Cardinal Inn
19081.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie arrived with her Aunt Rhiannon, who had baby Brian in arms. Their mission was to catch up on a few things. A wagon load of Easter baskets with candies and toys were left in the green room for the Shanachie's performers, staff, and their families.

Maggie tack up three notes, two that her aunt had written:

Dear friends,

Thank you for the congratulatory notes and gifts we received for our newest addition, Brian. Apologies for the delay. We hope you and your families will enjoy these baskets of treats to celebrate Easter and/or the recent coming of spring.

Sincerely,

Rhiannon and Eregor Túr Gairdín

Dear Annabeth and Lottie,

Our sincerest thanks for the sword for Brian. Given our family history, I am sure he will make good use of it. We have a wonderful daughter in our Colleen and are not disappointed that our new arrival is a boy.

You are both welcome to join us for the first fruit picking of the season. The orchard isn't yet open to the public. We allow the children of family and friends to explore as they like, pick their own basket of nature's treats, and make juices of them.

Fondly,

Rhi and Eregor

Maggie then tacked up her own note:

Dear theater family,

I would like to thank you all for your participation in Children's Day events in years past and hope you will be willing to take part again this year. There will be a festival and concert in the Marketplace on 14 April. The performance is to honor the memory of one of our fellow Shanachie performers, Lirssa Sarengrave al-amat, who passed away earlier this year. As some of you may already know, she was very active in charities to aid Rhydin's youth. Any donations made will be divided between High Spires House and Kids of Summer.

Thank you for your consideration,

Maggie Harker

((The festival will be both a board and live event.))
Arandir
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The Village of Anarven
348.64 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I will wait for you outside, my prince," the yellow-haired elf said with a bow. Ever since Aran had brought his people to Rhy'Din, the elf had become like a shadow - his self-proclaimed bodyguard, rarely leaving his side. It made Aran a little uneasy, but he could hardly argue with the elf's sense of loyalty.

"Yes, thank you, Hal," Arandir said, only half-listening, distracted by memories of the time when he'd been a member of the theater. He looked around the Green Room, remembering.

Some things had changed, but much remained the same. There were plenty of familiar faces, along with some new ones, all of them rushing about to get ready before curtain. Some smiled and nodded, while others only gave him a curious glance. He had enjoyed the time he'd spent at the theater and missed it sometimes, but his life had changed. He had other duties to tend to now, instead of juggling rehearsals and performances.

"Aran!" a familiar voice called, and the half-elf turned to find a familiar face smiling at him and hurrying over to clasp his hand. Despite the costume and makeup, Aran recognized the young man as Josh Stuart, one of the first friends he'd made at the Shanachie.

"It's good to see you," Josh said, a warm smile on his face. "Are you here to see Carina perform? She's got the female lead, you know. She's amazing. I hear you're a father now."

"Yes, we have a daughter. Her name is Aluviel. Lu for short," Aran replied, his face beaming with pride and joy. Their daughter was the first child born to the elves since Aran's birth, and his own birth had been the first in hundreds of years; hence, she was understandably being properly spoiled and protected. "She's at home with Carina's parents," he explained. She wasn't even a year old yet, after all - much too young to appreciate the theater just yet. "This play seems familiar," he said, with a puzzled look on his face. "Didn't Eregor play King Arthur once before?"

"Oh, you mean Spamalot," Josh replied with a chuckle. "Yeah, long story. I'll explain later. I have to get ready for curtain. Dru's around here somewhere. We should go out for a drink later. Catch up. See you later, 'Ran!" he called, as he hurried off.

"See you later," Aran echoed, too late for Josh to hear him. He exhaled a sigh as he looked around, feeling a little out of place here now that he was no longer part of the company; but he was glad he'd encouraged Carina not to leave the theater. He knew how much it meant to her and how much she loved it. It was because of the theater that they'd met. He smiled at the thought of that, another thought coming to mind.

Finding a pen and pad of paper in the Green Room, he scratched a quick note and slipped it under the door to Mataya's office with a happy smile on his face. If they couldn't bring the theater to Anarven, maybe they could bring Anarven to the theater.
Craig Cleric
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Village Idiot, Performer
Can Be Found: Parading around town like an idiot, or possibly in a pub or coffee shop singing some stupid song.
44.84 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing about a fellow Shanachie coworker having been nominated for May Queen, he’d managed to get another poster that seemed to have been placed sporadically throughout the city already.

What better place to put one than somewhere everyone knew her face already? A casual reminder simply by putting up a poster close to the door, easily seen by everyone who would leave or enter.

What wasn’t quite so casual… were the poor victims subjected to getting a Vote for Saila! sticker slapped to their forehead in passing with a fat lipped grin. As it was… he was wearing two strategically placed stickers on his chest…

Was it mentioned he wasn't wearing a shirt but instead adorned a top hat for promotion?

[OOC: Don't forget to PM your vote to The Druid]

Raul Stoneson
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

281.14 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throughout the auditions, Raul had been a constant presence, albeit quietly in the background. At one point Ludo had asked him why, and the half-dwarf responded with a grin. "These are the faces I'm going to be working with all season. I like to see how they look up there raw, as it were, so I can get a feel for what I have to work with."

Now that the auditions were over, he waited with eager anticipation to see which faces he would be making up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: