Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Bent Conversations [Phone calls, texts, and letters.]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Dragon Spine -> Broken Empires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Drive
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

539.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:15 am, 2/20/18]: I've decided not to introduce him to the law of gravity and the effects of a few dozen good, quick stops on the human body. I'm going to let this one play out. I want to know what his angle is. He's got an angle. I can smell it on him, through that cheap cologne. He wants something and it isn't just to *** her like every other guy here.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:18 am, 2/20/18]: He tried to take a picture of her tonight, but I've got Frank on him so he didn't get a chance. I swear the guy was going to piss himself though. Pretty sure Frank wanted to throw him down the stairs, too, and then get onto some other of Frank's favorite little activities.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:23 am, 2/20/18]: Real talk: One of the girls caught Frank eating raw steaks out of the kitchen the other week. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but something about it bothered her so bad I had to give her a few days off. She hasn't come back in.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:24 am, 2/20/18]: I asked Frank about it and he just shrugged at me and said, "Is normal." Which is actually the most words he's ever said to me at once, so that's nice. Real nice. Sinon introduces us to the most wonderful people.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:27 am, 2/20/18]: Anyway. When I grab this gang mob mafia mother *** whatever the *** he is, to ask him why he's all interested in Eve and what his deal is, I want you to be there.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:28 am, 2/20/18]: So clear your schedule up. We have work to do.

Ten minutes later:

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:39 am, 2/20/18]: And don't you worry whose redvine this is. I didn't touch your stash.

Another ten minutes later:

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:49 am, 2/20/18]: Do you think Eve would dance for me?
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [1:50 am, 2/20/18]: You know what, don't answer that one either.
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

539.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For no obvious reason, and with no explanation to follow:

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [4:23 pm, 3/6/18 <picture attached>]:

Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

475.00 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice Mail to Busy Lizzy [1:35 am, 3/26/2018]: She was already talking when the recording played, already mid-sentence, and with a cadence that betrayed a certain elevated state of mind. The words were soft and airy, like summer cotton candy at the fair. Like ice cream afternoons. Like the gentle threat of a warm rainstorm, pounding on the roof of a Paper Street address. Like so many memories. So very many memories.

... so after all that and seeing the ex priest loitering around, I just said *** it, baby girl, *** it, and I used my key to get into Johnny's room and ate his acid and nowwwww here I am, talkin to your ma-chiiiine, cause you ain't answerin tonight, which is totally fine but I'mma still leave you a lil message or five because I'm thinkin of you, or Johnny's thinkin of you, it's hard to tell right now, and you're bein missed andddd ... hi. Hi, Elizabeth. Hi, Roach. Hi. Or Heeeeeeeey. You know. WhichEVER. How have ... [End of message.]

Voice Mail to Busy Lizzy [1:42 am, 3/26/2018]: The messages continued, still truncated at the beginning and end.

... and that's why you're a thunderstorm girl, and Johnny's a thunderstorm boy, though sometimes I think he's more woodsmoke or saltwater. I'm telling you, it makes sense if you think about it. Think about it a little sideways, which is how I'm feeling right now. Words have a power to them beyond the obvious. They're spells. Iceberg tips. Or maybe shadows of tall mountains; they stretch and stretch and stretch and cover up whole towns. ... ***, I sound like Sinon. But you're totally a thunderstorm. Always makin me think of that night on the Inn's swing out front, and ... [End of message.]

Voice Mail to Busy Lizzy [1:53 am, 3/26/2018]: Another slip of time, more lost story. Before she spoke, there was the sound of an acoustic guitar, strings plucked gently by out-of-tempo fingers. Then Noe's voice drifted in over the cords, a sultry blue cloud blotting out the sun.

... Nothing you can say can tear me away from my girl.
Nothing you can do cause I'm stuck like glue to my girl.
I'm sticking to my guy like a stamp to a letter
Like birds of a feather, we stick together.
I'm telling you from the start, I won't be torn apart from my girl. ...

It continued, floating as high as the girl singing it, an off kilter cover of Warpaint's Billie Holiday. Noe let the message hang in quiet space before speaking again, whisper quiet.

It reminded me of you. We should go see them sometime, when you're around.

[End of message.]
Death Drive
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet

539.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:02 pm, 4/15/18]: I want a hyena.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:02 pm, 4/15/18]: Let's get a hyena.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:03 pm, 4/15/18]: Do you know where we can get a hyena? I asked my exotic animals guy, but he's out.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:07 pm, 4/15/18]: Yes, Desma, I have an exotic animals guy.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:07 pm, 4/15/18]: No, Desma, it's not the same guy as our exotic meats guy.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:15 pm, 4/15/18]: At least I don't think it is. Let me check on that.

20 minutes pass:

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:36 pm, 4/15/18]: Did you know hyena are more closely related to cats than dogs? They're basically catdogs. I always thought they were a canine breed like wolves, but no. Learn something new everyday.
Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:37 pm, 4/15/18 <pictures attached>]: What followed was a series of pictures of various hyena, particularly the striped variety. As the striped breed were scavengers and corpse eaters, Griffith's fascination was obvious. More than once the Disney trio from the Lion King were featured, as well as a poorly photoshopped image of Griffith playing with a single skinny hyena, both laughing.

Another 20 minutes:

Text to Desma, Queen Bitch [11:57 pm, 4/15/18]: Can confirm. Exotic animal guy is not exotic meat guy. However, exotic animal guy is now offended. Strangely, exotic meat guy was unphased. Go figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Dragon Spine -> Broken Empires All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: