Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

How To Make A Nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Now or Never
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamble It
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: In his gambling den, or searching for a certian little doll.
651.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: How To Make A Nightmare Reply with quote

1. Piss off her best friend for the last time, driving said best friend to do something incredibly stupid.

April 17th - Tuesday - Late Evening

Siobhan. Was. Pissed. The Dullahan was already emotionally unstable and had been relatively listless since they'd returned from Ireland. Her week long deadline was up and Gil would be coming to find her soon...but when she saw the damage that had been done to her best friend and heard what had happened, she was out the door. Her summoned steed was never far, the horse with the flaming purple mane and hooves, eyes and snorted breath, charged out of a tear in the air and into the street where the waiting rider was. Her armor was on, every inch of it black, her head with its gaping maw set in a snarl and the scythe drawn.

She tilted her head back and her eyes went black as she called out a name that she should not have known. She broke the rules...no true name was supposed to be invoked without the culling order....but she spoke it. Zagan's. It would allow her to track him no matter where he was and with sharp heels into the demon horse's sides, she tore off down the street, on the hunt for Roni's abuser.

The night before hadn't exactly gone as planned. It ended with five men dead, and him having to pay Timothy's medical bills, and having to deal with his whiny complaints about his knee being busted. He had left the man's apartment after listening to him bitch for a couple of hours, before excusing himself for a business meeting that didn't really exist. It was at some point he was wandering his way down towards the docks to lurk around that a sense of wrongness settled over him, and had him glancing over his shoulder, paranoid. Something about the night had an unease settling in his stomach, it was an unfamiliar feeling, one that he disliked immensely.

The Dullahan cut through the air in one place and ripped a space into another along the docks, in close proximity to her quarry. The steed and rider charged out of the tear on a warpath, the scythe held high and the horse giving a horrible screaming whinny upon locating the target. Him.The intimidating figure of the black rider made many people's blood run cold, and for good reason...especially when she shouted his true name at him from that terrible toothy grin of hers.

It was the whinny of the horse that had him jerking his attention back over his shoulder. The sight of the dullahan atop that flaming steed of hers, was enough to have fear running its icy course along his spine. It was, quite simply put, something that he had not felt in a very long time. The fact that she called his name, his true name simply cemented the chill where it was. There was a muttered curse. His name. The fact that she had it meant one of two things. One, he pissed someone off and was very unaware of it... or she had finally snapped, and was acting without orders. Given the night before, he's certain that it was the latter.

Her eyes were still black and narrowed, focused on him. The horse's hooves thundered and she took a swipe at him with the summoned black scythe. The thing that rendered whatever magic on a person useless, for a small amount of time at least, and took the souls of those that were ordered. Zagan didn't have to worry about his soul being ripped out, she was not there on orders...but she was pissed off so there was no telling what the unhinged Dullahan would do now. Rogue knights were never a good thing.

A shudder rolled through him following the swipe of her scythe. His glamour dropped. Where Roni was lots of dark, he was stark and pale, those near glowing eyes even more unnerving than they were normally. "I didn't think I'd piss you off enough to be so bold." Yeah, he was probably.... going to get his ass handed to him. Why not make it easier?

She snarled and reared the horse up to turn it around as she'd charged past him with the swipe. In a fluid motion that seemed not possible with the bulk of the armor, she swung down off the horse and stalked toward him, "Not here to talk." Her voice was a hiss that felt like it crawled up his spine like his true name had, "Done."

"You never were very talkative. You say that like it should be news. " Those near neon blue hues of his never left her form, especially as she swung down from her beast of a horse.

"I am not the one who harmed her you know." Not that she cared, or that his words mattered in some way at this exact moment.

"Liar." She growled and swung the blade again, a downward stroke to drive it into the pavement and release the shaft so she had her hands free to finally get her hands on him. She had threatened and warned and held back for too long and now she would let loose. She wouldn't kill him....no...that right was Roni's. But she would make him wish she had.

"Well. I meant last night." There's a moment, before a sneer marred his features.

"I've hurt her plenty, but she always deserved it." The words came flippiantly, before he grinned a touch, then rolled his shoulders. She was gonna kick his ass most likely.... didn't mean that he would make it easy for her.

"Liar!"

She snapped, snarling and a savage pushkick was aimed for his chest. Her heavily armored foot came faster than it should have in that armor but then again, she was a supernatural creature...they both were. But her breed was made to hunt the Fae...to be the executioners to the magical realm of Faerie.

"Name calling won't get you anyw-"

Hey. Her foot moved a lot faster than he thought it initially would, so his words were cut short.....along with the fact that he definitely went flying back a few feet, and landed hard with a grunt, before he was rolling to get back on his feet. A growl of his own rolled free, and those near neon blue hues of his glowed, and rather rapidly, ice began to crawl across the cobbles, making them slick and slippery. Another flippant gesture of his hand has a volley of shards headed her way as well.

It was like the magic formed ice hit intense heat as it evaporated almost immediately within a foot of her. The armor and her anti-fae magic aura making it nearly impossible for him to attack her with his innate abilities. She rushed forward again, swinging a heavy gauntlet at him, aiming for his solar plexus.

Well. Magic was going to do absolutely jack for him here, he figured after it all seemed to melt away. She rushed, and he didn't have much time to do anything other than skitter backwards, and still not exactly avoid her blow. It's enough to leave him winded and on his ass again.

She followed the savage armored punch to his gut with a knee aimed for his pretty face, planning to drive the fanplated poleyn into his nose.

It was also very useless for him to try and throw punches as it'd only mess up his knuckles and be useless. The rules for the longest time had kept her from giving him a well deserved beating. Obviously.... he had finally added the last thing that broke the damn. But of the things he valued, his face was one of them. Vanity was something that clung to him like a shroud. He did at least try to twist out of the path of her knee.

Siobhan knew he valued his face, it was why she targeted it with the vicious knee. Missing his nose the force behind it still would have slammed her shin into his shoulder to knock him over. She didn't wait, as soon as that foot touched the ground again, she pivoted on it to swing her leg out, aiming a kick at him, uncaring where it landed.

Well... from the sickening crack that followed her leg connecting with his body, it was probably his ribs. The noise that came from him was pained, and instead of struggling to get back onto his feet so she could knock him right back off them, he curled, accepted his fate, and stayed down. Probably prayed that she didn't kill him.

She kicked him again with the plated sabaton on top of her boot and snarled. Several heavy blows came down on him from kicks, stomps and punches. Animal like sounds came from the enraged and potentially unhinged Dullahan as she pounded Zagan into the street.

She hissed his name, his true name before giving the command to ensure he would obey it, "Kneel."

It's been a long time since the fae kad known pain like this. Honestly he had been intent on not ever experiencing it again.... Sadly he had just managed to piss off the wrong person one too many times. He wasn't quite sure where the pain started and stopped. Her command had him shuddering, before his battered and bruised body started moving to comply.

She knew that he had used Roni's true name against her, she wondered how it made him feel...she would tell Roni his true name now that she had it. Now that she wouldn't be around to help her...she knew in doing this, breaking the rules, she would be punished for certain. Potentially stripped of her power and life but with Nick gone and Zagan doing what Zagan does, she snapped. Siobhan grabbed him by his hair, gripping it tight at the top of his head and held it before driving her fist for his nose. Broken nose for a broken nose she figured was fair.

Sure, she would get in trouble for this.... but he also knew that her knowing his name would mean that Roni would know it. He knew that the Dullahan would make sure of it. Which meant that he was going to be walking on fragile eggshells trying to keep out of Roni's wrath as well. When Siobhan took him by the hair, his eyes flicked up to her.... at least until her fist connected with his nose, and was met with a satisfying crunch. A steady flow of blood dribbling from his nose wasn't long to follow... Wisely, he actually kept his mouth shut for once.

She still held his hair and growled down at him, "...So many things I wanna do to you....So many bones I wanna break....But your nose is enough. The rest I'll leave to Roni if you or any of your little ****s EVER go near her again."

"Oh. How ****ing considerate of you." The words came rumbled in his gravel voice, dry and unamused. "I'm not stupid. You're going to give her my name. I can expect her anyways. She's an angry thing." Amusement in his voice was bitter.

"Absolutely, I am. The years of her enduring your **** are over, Zagan. I hope she drags out your suffering."

She let go of his hair and pushed him over with a kick. She won't be there to see it, "I suggest you go home and never come back here. For once, in your miserable ****ing life, you should listen to me."

She didn't use his true name again to command him to leave...she could have but she knew her time was even shorter than his. The horse returned to her side and she swung up on it, the scythe disappearing from its place embedded in the ground and back into her hand. She pointed it down at him and narrowed her eyes before nudging the horse forward and through a new tear in the air.

For once, in your miserable ****ing life, you should listen to me. Her words held truth. That was why they echoed over and over in his head as he laid where he had landed from her push, and stared up at the night sky. That would be the complete cowards thing to do.The smart thing to do. But he would not. At this exact moment he was a point in his life where the scales had tipped out of his favor, like he knew they would. And deep down in the pit of his stomach, he knew that no amount of running would save him from Ronixi’s wrath.

He knew that eventually, some how it would all boil down to a point where the Doll he loved so much would kill him. Just as much as the next living thing, he wanted to live…. But it was something he felt to be truth, every time Roni had snarled her promise of his death at her hands. With a shallow huff of breath, that still sent pain lancing through his broken ribs, his fingers delved inside his suit jacket, and an envelope was pulled free. There were blood smears left by his fingers as they traced the name written on the front of it. His curling looping script had marked the contents for Ronixi. Then it was tucked back where it belonged, and he was slowly picking himself up, and on his feet. It was a letter for a later, darker time.

The steps that took him home were slow, and pain filled every single one.

If it feels good, tastes good
It must be mine
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die~
Roni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Lurking about.
4914.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Take her best friend away, and give her the true name of the man she hates most.

April 18th - Wednesday - Just After Midnight

Roni had let Siobhan know that she was heading out to go lurk at the inn for a little bit. Ed and Goshen had dropped her off back outside her apartment, and she headed back up. She thought it was kinda peculiar that Siobhan was gone, but didn't really think too much of it. So after scrounging up a snack of pizza rolls and ice cream, she settled down on the couch with Lacey who thought she needed Roni's snack, and flipped on the tv to occupy her mind with something and fill the silence before she finally decided it was bedtime.

A door magically appeared in the middle of the living room, crackling with energy. Roni knew the door, she'd seen it a couple times now. Gilcomegaine's mode of instant transportation. He stepped through and was followed by another than she'd not seen before. A cowboy in a holey muddy brown leather duster, two black metal six shooters at his hips, a bowie knife strapped to his leg and a cigar being chomped on. He gave a wide toothy almost manic grin when he saw her, shaggy golden brown hair hanging in his face, barely pulled back in a ponytail, a brown cowboy hat sat askew on his head.

"This ain't where she's at, Gil. What's the dealio?"

The gruff scot had a deep set frown on his face. "...nae...but she'll be here shortly...." He nodded to Roni, grim, "...I wanted t'give'er tha chance t'say g'bye..."

Wait.... What? There's a flicker of surprise. Gil. She wasn't exactly expecting him, but kinda? His words thought, were what had her confused. She finished chewing her pizza bite, and swallowed it.

"Y'know, Gil ya really have this ****ty habit of not ****in' knockin'. Siobhan's not here. But you know that." She shoved the plate onto the coffee table, and nudged Lacey out of her lap. She mewled in protest, before she scampered over to Gil and the stranger to investigate.

"What's goin' on?"

The cowboy started barking at Lacey and laughed. Lacey in return puffed up and hissed.

Gil continued to frown and shot the cowboy a look before looking back to Roni, "....Siobhan's time's up....an'while I would have just come t'collect her t'return her t'Ireland...she did a foolhardy...I'm afraid she's done, lass...when she returns, say yer g'byes..."

"What do you mean?" She didn't really need him to clarify. She was already piecing together what had happened. Siobhan had gone after Zagan. The look that cross her face said she understood exactly what happened

. "No. It's not... She-" There's a shuddery breath sucked in. It suddenly felt very tight in the room, like she couldn't breathe. Like too tight grasping hands were wrapped around her lungs, squeezing. "You can't- Gil-" Her voice cracked and hitched.

"...M'hands'r tied, lass...." He watched her. He wouldn't say he was sorry...it wasn't his fault. The cowboy took up a lazy lean while the scot remained statue still and straight, waiting.

"I know I've said it before but ya guys really ****in' suck." Her words came softly this time, like she was trying with everything inside her to not fall apart already. She... She knew what this meant.... she just really didn't want to accept it.

They didn't have to wait long before Siobhan came through the door in a rush, her clothes having shifted to her leather jacket and pants, the grey scarf covering the scar around her neck that both men seemed to wear openly, like a badge while she hid hers. She looked like something was chasing her but when she shut the door behind her, her shoulder sagged...she should have known they would have been there ahead of her...she had hoped they wouldn't, she had wanted to try and outrun them...a silly idea. Her eyebrows bunched together and she looked close to tears as she shook her head at Gil, swallowing hard past the lump quickly growing in her throat. She'd lost Nick and it made her unstable...a threat. She knew she wouldn't be allowed to go back to Ireland for Roni to visit....

Her violet eyes flicked to Roni, "....M'sorry...."

The moment Siobhan blew in through the door, those abyssal hues of hers snapped to her, and stayed there.... Her silence pervaded for a moment, before a sob bubbled up, and her steps carried her immediately for her best friend.

"Why'd ya have to go and do somethin' stupid, Siobhan?" She sounded absolutely and wretchedly heart broken, and felt every inch of it.

"...m'sorry, Roni." She murmured again, looking at her feet, regretting her actions...but at the same time, so totally not. She swallowed hard and pulled her into a tight hug, holding her fiercely, "...I couldn't...I was done not doin' anything...m'sorry..."

"Ya didn't have to do that. I would've figured somethin' out, dammit." And then Siobhan grabbed her and pulled her in tight for that hug. She sagged against her, and clung tight. The fae didn't want to do anything without her best friend. Couldn't. Siobhan was the one person that had kept her from completely losing herself for so long...

Her eyes stung with unshed tears as she hugged Roni tight, "...y'can hate me if y'want to...m'sorry..."

"I can't hate ya, because I know why ya did it. I do, I just really wish ya hadn't. I've done really stupid **** for you too." She didn't go into detail, but Siobhan should know that she was talking about Brennan.

For a long moment, silence pervaded the air. The grating noise of Roni clearing her throat was abrupt. "I already lost Nick, and now I gotta lose ya too. I can't do this without ya."

Siobhan lost her voice for a moment before she cleared her throat, "...He won't try anything again...an' if he does...you'll have everything you need....y'don't need me. Y'got Freddy and so many other folks that love ya...that don't do stupid things...."

"And ya shush with that bull****, I do need ya. Yer my best friend, and ya’ve helped me through so much ****. Ya mean the absolute world to me. I don't want this to happen." She clung tighter. Her heart. She was losing a part of her heart.

"I know..." She looked over to Gil with a pleading look but he just shook his head...his hands were tied. She was lucky she was even getting the chance to say goodbye and wasn't just picked up. Though the cowboy did look like he wanted to loose the lasso that had been summoned into his hands.

She pressed her face back into Roni's shoulder, "...M'sorry....you can do it though...y've gotten so smart and strong and...y'can do anything."

"I wish I could fix this... fix everything. It's all because of ****in' Zagan." And she was going to try, so long as they weren't going to terminate her immediately, she'd be damned if she didn't try to think of something. Anything.

“I'm gunna make him pay for everything he's done eventually." She paused. "Tell me, did you at least break his face? Are there pictures?" Distractions, however brief, were brilliant things sometimes.

She gave a soft brief laugh, "Busted his nose and some ribs..." She would have broken more, "...I left the rest for you..."

"**** yeah ya did. I wish I coulda seend it." Roni grinned, wide and bright.

She pulled back a touch, holding her hands in hers, "...last thing I can do for you is give you a weapon against him...." The dullahan leaned forward again and murmured a name, Zagan's true name, into her ear softly.

Siobhan earned a wildly curious look at the mention of a weapon against him.... at least until she leaned in and whispered something that was like salvation for a damned soul.

"Ya beautiful, brilliant woman. This is why ya are my best friend."

She stretched up to collect her face in her hands, kiss her three times. First two were fluttered for her cheeks, right where the corners of her unglamoured mouth ended, and the last one was a single chaste, full on kiss.

"I promise you I won't disappoint you, and I'll make good use of it. And that I won't stop buildin’ my life... and-and..." Her words choked off, and she had to suck in a breath to keep from breaking out into sobs again.

She smiled, holding her face in her hands and brushing her cheeks with her thumbs before she kissed her forehead, "...I know y'will..."

Gil did not look pleased, he knew what she'd done, giving out the true name of someone was another strike against her.

"Y'dbest forget that, Lass." Gil muttered, "Time t'go, Irish....y'done."

"No promises."

The look that Roni shot Gil was one full of venom. She would never forget the name that Siobhan had given her. It was her freedom. Her way of finally being free. And it had cost her the most important person in her life. For all she cared, Gil could go pound his request up his ass.

Siobhan took a breath, getting her back up and looking like she was going to fight it, her eyes flicking between the two men...she probably could have taken them, but it would only make things worse. So she deflated with a sigh and looked to Roni, "...I love you." Her words sounded strained and tight, her throat closing with emotion as she let her hands slip free of Roni's face and stepped back.

It took everything within her to not struggle and cling onto her hard, especially after Siobhan spoke. She never ever voiced things like that. Showed it like crazy..... hearing it aloud drove the finality of the situation home in her heart. Another sob broke through, and she wrapped her arms around herself, and struggled against everything inside her to not fling herself after her.

"I love you too, Siobhan. So much. You're my heart family."

She wiped at her eyes when tears spilled over her lower lids, swallowing hard and nodding. Her heart was breaking again...she only hoped that the grand chevalier's decision would come swiftly so it would bring an end to the pain that was stabbing into her.

"...C...could you..." She swallowed hard and gave a small whimper as she took the cross Nick had given her off her neck, the only piece of jewelry she wore and put it into Roni's hands, "...Either...keep it...to remember us both by or...or put it back with him..." Her lower lip trembled.

"Yes." She hiccuped. "I'll keep it. It's no good in the ground."

She would keep it. Roni hardly ever wore jewelry, but there was a piece of both of the people she cared about within it. She would wear it. Gingerly, she reached out to collect the jewelry. And once it was in hand, she went and did the stupid thing and made it even harder than it already was by pulling her in for another hug, and burying her face in the crook of her neck.

She nodded, hugging her tight again, not wanting to let go of her...of the only thing left that made her happy.

"Dad's gunna have a conniption if we don't get goin'. Wrap it up!" The cowboy called and Gil sighed at the nature of the young Dullahan.

Siobhan gripped Roni tighter in the hug but she didn't want her getting hurt and she knew that it would come to that if she didn't go willingly soon.

"Piss off, wanker."

Ever so casually, Roni flipped the cowboy her middle finger over her shoulder. She didn't care, she probably was saying goodbye for good, and would never see her again. She clung onto her for a few moments longer, before stiffly, she let her go. It took every ounce of her will and self control to do so.

. "Please, don't make it harder. Don't fight, beautiful. I love ya. For as long as I live. Go. Be proud, I would not of hesitated to the same if I was in your place. "

"I know..." She murmured and gave a faint forced smile, reluctantly letting her go.

The cowboy laughed at Roni's flipping the bird but Gil just pushed him toward the door when he saw Siobhan was coming. Her best friend walked backwards a few steps before turning and heading over to Gil and the door.

The big grizzled Scott nodded and placed a hand on Siobhan's shoulder, murmuring something quiet and she looked like she was going to burst into tears...but she didn't...stubborn girl took a deep breath and looked back to Roni one last time before stepping through the door after the cowboy.

Gil watched Roni a moment, "....If y'need anything....y'just call m'name..." With a nod, he turned and followed Siobhan through the door before it dissipated, leaving her alone.

She was silent the whole time. Her hands stiffly let go of Siobhan, and she had to bite down of her lower lip to keep herself from bursting into tears and falling apart in front of them. Her eyes stayed glued to Siobhan, until Gil spoke.

"Ya can't really give me that." It was all she said, before they were gone.

There was a long moment, where she looked around the apartment, before she finally.... finally, burst into tears, and collapsed, sinking down to her knees in the middle of the living room... and she fell apart. She just said goodbye, permanently, to the single most important person in her life. The one person who had helped her run, made her realize that she was worth so much more than being someones pretty doll. The one that pulled her out of the terrified shell of a person she had been when they first ran together from Zagan three years ago, and the one that grounded her and kept her level.

And now she was gone...and eventually she was probably going to die. There wasn’t any way out of breaking the rules that Siobhan had broken. Rules she had broken to finally give Roni the peace of mind that she had not had since the day her parents gave her away.

Not being able to do anything for Siobhan this time, when the woman had done so much for her only made the whole situation that much worse.
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Lurking about.
4914.12 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. Give her very little hope…

April 28th - Saturday - Late Afternoon

Roni had spent the past few weeks going through the motions, emptily working on mind numbing boring cases, and spending the nights imbibing in magical edibles or enjoying booze, all while she quietly thought on all the things that were possible now that she had Zagan's true name. She had done a good job at not focusing on all the sadness that brimmed underneath at the fact that she was probably most definitely going to not come out of the whole ordeal unscathed, or alive, for that matter. Today though, was hard. She woke with dying dreams of when it had just been her, and Siobhan against the world with nothing more than what they could carry with them on the bike.

It left her anxious, restless, which lead to her pacing around her apartment. Cleaning. More pacing. Feed Lacey, and eat an apple from the fruit bowl. More worrying, pacing. Gil had told her to call his name if she needed anything. She needed her friend... She wondered if there was any possible way that he could help her. Some loophole. At the least, asking wouldn't hurt, right? So after a moment of thought....

"So Uh. Hey Gilcomegaine? Ya said to call yer name if I needed anything. Uh, yeah... So This is me sayin' Gilcomegaine. And feelin' really ***' stupid, cuz m'just talkin' to empty air."

The door that he used to instantly transport, appeared and opened, permitting the big scot to wander in, a small knowing grin on his face, "Thar's power in names, lass..." He shut the door and it disappeared, no longer needed for the moment. He watched her with his deep blue eyes, much different from the hard cold ice blue of Zagan's. While not terribly warm, they seemed patient and steady, "...Y'need t'talk?"

"Mmmh, don't I know it." This is simply mused softly, before she studied him a long hard moment, before she deflated. "I don't honestly know what I need. I didn't want nothin' like this whole stupid mess to happen." Her shoulders slumped a touch and she anxiously bounced on her feet. "I have questions that I'll hate myself for never askin' if I don't ask 'em. Because she's my best friend."

He nodded, "Ask." Man of few words, "I'll do wha I can t'answer'em."

There’s a slow draw for a deep breath, which was held for just a moment before she let it out. "Is there any chance, any kind of loophole, something that doesn't end with her ceasing to be?"

He sighed, "...possibly. There are probably several in fact...but none within yours or my abilities."

Abyssal hues narrowed on him a touch. "That part doesn't matter much. How?"

"I suppose if a member a th'courts decided tha she'd better serve'em as she is than havin' a new host take th'station, tha's one way. Another would be sacrifice a souls equal t'tha mount tha she's been neglecting." He frowned, "But those would have t'be approved by tha courts an' tha takes a mite longer than she has, I wager." He scratched his scruffy jaw in thought.

"M'just a measly little nobody." This is muttered to herself, "The courts... Some like Zagan, or one of his ****face associates." No one who would do her any favors. Though she did have the true name of one of them. Maybe... Something. There's already some kind of gears churning in that brain of hers. Then she considered him. "How long does she have?"

"Time moves strangely in th'realm...so I cannot say fer certain. But, a suitable candidate does need t'be found t' take on tha mantle...an' since Ireland is tha strongest position outside of tha grand chevalier's...it may take a wee bit. "

"I sure hope so. The longer the better, if at all possible." Simply. If he'd be awesome and stall when he could to give her more time, if not, then she just better figure it out faster.

"I'm gunna figure somethin' out, Gil. I gotta. The guy who's face she beat in totally deserves it, and more. He's done nothin' but make everythin' miserable and get away with it cuz he's got some power under his belt, and a big ****in' fat bank account."

He sighed, "I am sure he does, but it was nae her decision t' make an' certainly no her place t' call upon her powers t' use his true name...or t' give it to ye." He grumped, giving a stern and disapproving look then sighed again, "...She spoke a him t' me. An' I know how important y'are t' her...considering tha she invoked her abilities fer you an' no fer herself...even when tha snake stole her head."

"It is only fair. Someone who had no right gave him my name and let him claim me as his. For years he crushed me. And now I have his. I can't-..." She trailed off, then shook her head. Less he knew better about what she planned was better. "That feeling of importance is mutual between us. I'd do anything for her." The mention of Brennan had her snorting softly. "He was just as bad. World's a better place." Simply.

"I don't dispute tha...but I find it curious tha she didna break tha rules then t' deal with him." He sighed,

"Because she had a leveler way of thinkin’ back then." And Roni had told her she'd take care of it. That part she wouldn't divulge. "Plus he got what was coming in the end." She's also doing a good job at not looking at him at the exact moment.

"...Though I suppose...she was still dealin' with Nick's passin'..." He didn't necessarily like Nick...but he didn't dislike him either and he knew how much the undead detective had meant to Siobhan. It had made her terribly unstable with his passing and even more so that it had been by her hand.

"And loosin' Nick the way she did broke something in her, Gil. Never in a million years have I seen 'er let someone in like she did Nick. They were good for eachother." She bit down on her lower lip and focused on the pain, not the sting at the backs of her eyes. absent fingers drifted up to touch the Cross that Sio had passed to her.

He looked to the pendant about the younger and smaller fae's neck then back to Roni and sighed, nodding, "....Drink?"

"Yeah. I was plannin' on drinkin' more tonight anyway." There's a pause, before she gestured to the varied collection she had on the kitchen counter. "Choose your poision. I'll get glasses And Ice if need be."

"Whiskey." He headed over to the kitchen to hunt for a short glass and pick a whiskey, most likely one of Siobhan's stock. "...He seemed a good lad." Gil murmured. High praise from the grump of a Dullahan.

Okay. She'll hunt up a glass for herself, and scoot over to the fridge for a couple ice cubes to drop down in it. Then she's scooting for the table because that was a sensible place to sit and share a drink, "He most definitely was. We shared a business too. Decent business partner."

"Still didn't recommend she get involved with him...an' ultimately, I guess I were right..." Gil murmured as he took a sip of the whiskey he poured himself, feeling a touch poorly about his 'I told you so'.

"Yeah, yeah, take the eloquent told you so and stuff it up yer nose." She huffed at him, and sulkily moved to snag the bottle and pour some in her glass as well.

"Havin' connections with others...makes th' job harder. Makes ya prone t' doing foolish things." Gil didn't seem happy about it, just stating fact.

"Yeah, and we've learned the hard way. But sometimes.. Sometimes you need those connections to keep you from going crazy. So it's a risk, I guess."

"I suppose....I find when I need a connection, I talk t' tha others...there are a few reasons why there are six of us after all..." Gil murmured as he took a seat across from her.

"Words like that make me wonder if things would have been easier for her if she hadn't met me. I brought trouble and complications. But then I'd prolly be stuck still, but she wouldn't be in this spot."

"Probably." He answered, not a sugar coating sort, "...but what's done is done....I know she doesn't blame you for this...I am becoming used to being her jailer it seems." Gil sighed.

"Yeah, I know. I'm a pain in the butt." She deflated, and lifted her glass for a good long swallow from her glass. "You've been her jailer before?"

He snorted, "Aye. First time she acted up, with that traitorous cad...She was reprimanded. More a parole officer than jailer I suppose as she wasn't in the chains or cage like this time..." There was the slightest wince at letting her know the state of her friend...it wasn't some comfy room in a ritzy penthouse.

"Brennan?" As to said cad he was referencing. She went quiet again at the mention of chains and a cage, before her shoulders slumped a touch. "Jeeze." Softly, before she lifted her glass for a sip.

She wasn't sure what else to say. What could she say, or even do? Shake Gil like crazy and demand that he give her best friend back? Be incredibly stupid and just barge in to some kind of meeting or something and demand the Grand Chevalier release her? She figured that was something close to suicide.

It wasn't his fault, but he was fine if she wanted to blame him for it. "Aye." he muttered at the name then sighed, "....I will try t'get a private word....let her know tha yer alright..."

"If ya can, let 'er know that Freddy's makin' me stay with him. I'll be okay. She'll know. " She paused, and lifted her glass to throw back what was left. "Thank you. Maybe.... Maybe Some kind of wonderous miracale will happen. Major optimisim, because I really don't ***' have much else.."

He nodded at the information. "Freddy. Got it." He murmured and watched her for a moment before he sighed, "...Fer wha it's worth, lass....I am sorry it came t'this...."

"I know, I know." Her shoulders slumped, and she leaned forward to droop on the table. "I am too. I feel so.... angry, frustrated.... and things went waaay sideways." She blew out a huff of breath.

"...Aye....it is a shame..." he murmured and sighed, drinking some of the whiskey.

"Kinda feel like the worst friend ever." She eyed the ice in the bottom of her glass before she set it on the table and left it there.

"Bollucks. Ye are the opposite, lass."

"Don't feel like it." She waved a hand.

"Well ye are, so shut yer face with tha sort of talk. I know tha Siobhan would have none of it..."

There's a dry snort that escaped her. "Yeah, but Gil, she's done and done and done for me. Forever since we've been friends. And then she gave me this. The one thing I've wanted more than anything, and she's in trouble cuz of it and I can't do much at all to fix things for her. Just this once." The scowl on her face is followed by her pushing her glass back his way. She was ready for a refill now.

He poured her another drink, only enough to make the ice float. It gave him a moment to think, "...strange to hear y'talk like tha...she never felt she deserved a friend. Let alone one like you, so she'd say. Might be as why she did, and did, and did fer ya."

"...t'convince herself, maybe."

"She deserved a friend and sooo much more than that. I tried so hard to make her see that, and sometimes I wonder if she ever really did. I had to practically beg her to give herself that chance of happiness she deserved with Nick, and in the end it just made things worse." The sudden burn at the backs of her eyes, and the way her vision wavered had her huffing in frustration. "I just wanna be the one that makes things better for once. Just once, when it really really counts, or- or I'm..." She trailed off, and decided to hide her sudden flare of emotions with more booze, because that was the adult thing to do.

He was quiet, just watching her and letting her talk. He didn't have any close friends, or any friends really...so he couldn't relate. But Sio was family, in a strange sort of way and she had chosen Roni to pretty much give up her life for. To sacrifice herself to help Roni. Part of him was angry because he cared for Siobhan...but he figured his anger was no where near what the fae girl felt for herself with what all had transpired. So he simply sat, quiet, and drank with her.

Roni didn't seem to have much more than that to offer at the exact moment, so she let the silence between them grow. And while it grew, she sipped away at her drink, and let herself stew over things that she honestly had no way of changing. Such things that made her angry, and frustrated, and sad, and a whole slew of other emotions she was honestly tired of dealing with. It was a while before she turned her attention back to him.

"Y'sure there's like no quick way inta bein' a part of the high courts?" Well. Couldn't hurt to triple check, right?

"If there is, I dunna know it, lass....sorry." He shrugged and took a gulp of his drink, giving a sigh.

"Y'know yer on like this median, where I wanna hate ya because ya took my best friend, but I can't cuz like ya were doin' yer job, and I know ya wanna help, but really can't cuz of stuff." She huffed a sigh of her own and sank back in her chair. "But I guess too I can't always depend on others ta fix things fer me. So, I'll figure out how ta get there. And the minute I do yer name's gunna be the first I call." Pause. "Is there a specified amount of time that I have to be part of the courts before I can make a request?" That's an important question too.

"No, y'can pretty much start actin' like y'own th'place immediately after getting a position within th'court."

"That's good to know." Absently. It was filed away into information for later. When she reached that point.

He raised an eyebrow, "...But is a considerably difficult thing t'do...y'usually have t'be blood of an existing member or overthrow one."

Then she gave him a quiet curious look. "Overthrow one? Is there any specifics to that? How do ya overthrow a member of the court?" Because she totally has someone she can overthrow. So long as the way she came about his name didn't complicate things.

He snorted, "Y'want me...essentially an ol' order knight a th'fae lords an' ladies t'tell you, a wee lass, how t'overthrow'em? Sorry lass....I cannae do tha."

"Well. Y'can't knock me fer at least tryin', right?" The laughter that followed was brief and bright. "Even if it's one that really deserves it, and is nothin' but a nasty dirty weasel?" Up went her brows.

"...Aye..." he sighed, "I dun make th'rules, lass, I just follow'em. Figger out a way t'be a lady a th'court an' I'll vouch for ye."

"Rules are made ta be broken sometimes." Simply put, before she lifted her glass for another healthy sip. "I'll figure it out. I Gotta. If this is the only thing I can do fer Siobhan that matters in the end, I'll get it." She had to, because she didn't want to think about what would happen otherwise.

Gil nodded and gave a small smile, raising his glass in silent toast to her good fortune before downing his drink, "....Me thinks there's not much else I can help y'with here, lass..."

He thought a moment, weighing the consequences for himself and her for a moment. He wasn't much one to break the rules...but she was a fae so the fae realm was hers to go to, so it wasn't like she was an intruder...

"...I...wouldn't recommend y'coming with me...but...I could probably sneak y'in for a brief moment t'see 'er...y'wouldn't be able t'get too close...an' there's no guarantee tha' she'll hear ya...but..." He shook his head, frowning, "Nae....is a bad idea. Nevermind."

She listened as he spoke, and it took a moment, but those abyssal hues widened a touch, before she leaned forward. Then he ended with knocking his idea. A frown of her own tugged at her features, before she pointed a finger at his chest.

"That is a really mean thing to mention, then immediately after say nevermind on, Just so y'know. Especially now that ya mentioned it, I don't care how bad an idea it is, I really wanna do it. Even if it's not the responsible thing ta do." At least she was truthful, and bluntly so. She did not have the art of weaving beautiful lies of half truths and omissions like nearly all of her kind did.

He sighed, "I know...I spoke before the thought could be fully processed..." he muttered and stood, "...Well...I should go....y'try t'keep outta trouble, hm?...but who am I to stop ye?" Gil snorted and summoned the door, stepping through it....the door didn't close behind him, leaving the gate open. If she followed him because she was just too wiley for him, he could claim he didn't know.

"I see." This is said quietly. Her attention tracked him as he stood and spoke. "My biggest problem is stayin' outta trouble. Just so ya know."

Then he was gone through the door that came with his method of travel..... She can't help but note after a moment or two, the doorway conveniently did not close. Maybe she should of thought it through, maybe she should of been responsible. Instead, she was impulsive and followed her heart, and soon enough, followed after the dullahan. He had left the door open. It was like practically begging her to follow.

Who was she to deny him, or the impulsive irrational ideas that her heart suggested?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Now or Never All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: