Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Backstage - The OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Performer
Can Be Found: Home or work
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next few shows are up on the first post of the schedule, lovelies! And everything for Grease will be up in about half an hour!
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The Shanachie Theater
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTICE TO ALL SHANACHIE BALLET MEMBERS:

The Spring Gala is only a few short weeks away, running from June 5th - June 24th. As always, this is the time when you get to choose what dance you'd like your character to perform, so start thinking about it and drop me a PM with what you'd like your character to do with that. You might also want to offer a few choices in case of duplicates. If you have a regular dance partner, feel free to include them, too. Please only choose ballet numbers for your character's featured dance, though it does not have to be classical.

If I do not hear back from you by the end of May, at the latest, I will be forced to choose something for you, and I would prefer everyone choose something for themselves.

Also, if there is anyone whose character is a professional ballet dancer or who's had professional training and would like to join the ballet for the event, drop me a PM with what you'd like your character to do, and we'll work something out.

Thanks, everyone! Smile
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a reminder that I will be posting the info about the ballet's Spring Gala next weekend. If you have not done so already, please let me know if your character intends to take part and what dance you would like him/her to perform. This goes for both members of the Shanachie and guest dancers. So far, I've only heard from two PCs, and there is plenty of room for more, so feel free to PM me. I don't bite. Promise! Smile
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, folks!

The first post in the Calendar thread has been updated, so you can see what's on for the next couple of months. Nothing is on this week, because the brain behind the owner messed up her dates when she made the schedule to begin with for this year. Look on it as a paid holiday!
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, my fabulous guys and gals and general wonderflubblinesses!

Auditions are over for another year, and we have a fantastic mix of old and new to grace your (virtual) stage with for the next twelve months. All who auditioned, please check your PMs - your acceptance letters have been mailed. If I missed someone, tell me!

Icons will be ordered when the Submit Tool is working again, I won't forget.

The first post in the Calendar thread has been updated, so if you want to see what's coming up for the rest of 2017, go take a peek! The STARS are shining - this time, with me actually having added the profile links in for the PCs involved.

Hope you've all had a brilliant summer! Hugs and kisses from the Shanachie!
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icons for the Shanachie guys and gals and ungendered tentacled blobs are out! Very Happy

A huge thank you to Anthony De Luca for helping me get around my icon problem so we could get these out. Love ya, bro!
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, people! I'm running out of ideas for ballets, and I need to pick a few for the upcoming season. We've done pretty much all of the popular ones, as well as a few obscure ones. So, feel free to PM me with any suggestions, and I will take them into consideration. I prefer classical ballets, but I'm open to doing a few contemporaries, as well. I also don't mind repeat performances, so long as they're not repeated in the same year. Keep in mind that they have to be ballets I can actually find information about online as to synopsis and cast members. Thanks, everyone!
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

Just letting you guys know, I've made a change on the Calendar - the end of year show has been changed from The Ballad of Robin Hood to Peter Pan Goes Wrong. Wink
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE TO ALL BALLET TROUPE MEMBERS

Due to some personal scheduling conflicts, I have made a small change to the Shanachie calendar with regard to the ballet schedule, as follows.

The Spring Gala has been moved to summer and in its place, the ballet will be performing Coppelia.

23rd April to 12th May
Coppelia
Shanachie Ballet Company

25th June to 14th July
Summer Gala
Shanachie Ballet Company

The Summer Gala is the time when YOU get to choose what dance you'd like your character to perform, so start thinking about it and drop me a PM with what you'd like your character to do with that. You might also want to offer a few choices in case of duplicates. If you have a regular dance partner, feel free to include them, too.

Thanks, everyone, and looking forward to hearing from each of you! Smile
Jonathan Granger
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Maple Grove Manor or the Shanachie Theater
46945.68 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Twelve Angry Men, we were a little bit late posting this one, as it was a particularly difficult play to cast. It should be noted that we "borrowed" some cast members from the theater group for this play. With the exception of Yassidy, the ladies get some time off this time around. There's a reason for that, but you will have to wait a few weeks to find out why. Smile
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm late, but only by one day! The first post of the Calendar has been updated, and the details are soon to follow!
Dorian Hadley
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: At home or at work.
311.10 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for Hamilton! Very Happy
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SHANACHIE BALLET: Please read! Reply with quote

TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SHANACHIE BALLET:

It's almost time for the ballet's Summer Gala (6/25-7/14). If you have not contacted me with a choice for your character's ballet number, please do so ASAP. This is your opportunity to choose what piece you'd like to see your character perform, so don't miss out! Just drop me a quick PM. I check them daily.

And thank you all for reading, writing, and otherwise participating in the Shanachie! We've been a little busy these last few weeks, but we will be posting more shows for you very soon. Promise! Smile
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again, everyone!

I'm planning on post the gala on Sunday, so if you haven't PMed me with a dance choice yet, please do, or I will have to choose one for you. Thanks! Smile
Yasmin
WHAM 101 DJ Zazzy Yas
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Village Idiot, Performer
Can Be Found: WHAM! 101.1FM radio studio or the Shanachie Theater
5849.56 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Father's Day Reply with quote

Just a quick note... My apologies for missing Father's Day this year for the WHAM! 101.1FM: Request Line.

My father passed away a couple of months ago. I have been spending more time with my mom since then, which is probably also a factor in my less active status online. But anyway, I just wanted to make that small comment just so people don't think I was maliciously overlooking Father's Day. I just didn't have it in me. But, as always, the Request Line is open for anyone at any time for any occasion, so don't feel like Yas has to start it up if you'd like to request anything. Smile

Oh, and if anyone asks ICly why WHAM! didn't do a Father's Day Special, Yas will just claim that she got the months mixed up on her calendar and didn't realize it until it was too late, but she's got an extra special Thanksgiving Day Special all ready to go. Wink

Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Father's Day Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know, Yas, and sorry for your loss. My mom passed away a few years ago, and we try to spend more time with my dad now, so I understand completely. Family first, always! And know your RP family is always here when you need us.
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a face for a name. This is Ivan Vasiliev, whose face I am borrowing to portray Alexei Barinov, currently an NPC and guest dancer with the Shanachie Ballet Company.

Alexei Barinov

And this is him performing in the gala - https://youtu.be/PIb3RnBlGZs
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, I haven't forgotten that I promised icons for the gala! Just delayed in getting them back from the DM peeps. I will be distributing them as soon as they arrive in my Inventory. Thanks for your patience and continued participation, everyone! Smile
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry my posting has been all over the place for the last few months, folks! I have no excuse, not really. I have updated the first post of the Calendar thread, for anyone who wants to see what's coming up. Fingers crossed I won't forget to open the auditions in a couple of weeks!
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last chance to audition for the 2018-2019 season roll call - the thread will be locked when I get online tomorrow. Two things I need to point out, however;

Quote:
- Any child character who is in STARS is automatically considered to be on the Roll Call, and does not need to audition. Just PM the character's name and age, and I'll add them to the STARS list.

- After paying closer attention to the timeline of shows and rehearsals, I am putting my foot down. A character can be a regular in one of the companies only. They can guest in two, but not if they are already a regular in one. There are two exceptions to this rule, because they have plausible circumstances that allow them to manage it.

To clarify, if you are a regular in the Theater or Rep Company, you are committed to two weeks of long days of rehearsal followed immediately by two weeks of performances (for the Ballet, the rehearsal time runs over a month, and the performances three weeks). Rehearsals and performances for the differing companies overlap. It is just not possible for most people to be able to attend rehearsals and perform a different show in the evening. I know on Rhy'Din that anything is possible, but Mataya would never forgive herself if she let someone burn out through over-work.
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm done. I've been polite. Polite apparently doesn't cut it.

It seems as though a few things need to be made perfectly clear here.

I do not just run the Shanachie Theater. I created the Shanachie Theater. It is my setting, and I open it up to others to create playable situations.

So what does this mean?

Well, it means that if you give me attitude, I can and will prevent your attempt to join the Shanachie's Roll Call. If you message me expecting to be given special treatment without offering even a modicum of respect in your approach, you'll be lucky if I allow your character's audition to remain on the board. Anything that I deem inappropriate posted in the Shanachie Theater forum boards will be deleted.

No, I am not punishing anyone. No, I am not singling anyone out. I am trying incredibly hard not to be bitchy, but push harder, and I may not stay that way inclined. Since it needs to be explained, here is the explanation.

It takes a lot of time and energy to put on a production in a theater. The Rep and Theater Companies would, in the real world, be signing up for two weeks of intensive rehearsal for every single show they're in - long days, not just a couple of hours and then home. The Sunday between rehearsals and first performance would be the longest day of all, set aside for technical and dress rehearsals - during which anything could go wrong and set time back another hour or more. Some technical and dress rehearsal days I have been a part of have not ended until 4am. The Ballet Company rehearses intensively daily - that's every day, regardless of whether or not a performance is being prepped for. Performers are expected to be in the theater at least an hour before the curtain goes up, sometimes more dependent on costuming and make up. It is a massive commitment to be a part of just one of these companies.

If you have a child character (NPC or PC), you can sign them up for STARS with a simple PM to me, and they are automatically on the Roll Call for any production that requires children. They do not need to audition, or be on the official Roll Call list, in that case.

That is my logic when I say that you cannot have your character be a full member of more than one company, and even guesting in another company is dodgy from a pure time point of view. These are the exceptions I will make;

- A full member of the Ballet Company may be able to guest for the Theater or Rep, provided they are content with taking minor roles in their guest places.

- A full member of the Theater or Rep Companies might be able to guest for the other (not the Ballet), provided they recognize that - should they have roles in adjacent productions - their roles will be minor in both.

- If you feel your character can do more, and can explain how to me in a way that doesn't condescend or suggest that I have to do what you want, then feel free to PM me so we can discuss it.

Write ups and casting take a surprising amount of work to get sorted. Yes, I know I have been lax with them in the last few months, but surprise, surprise, I am an actual person. I have my own problems to deal with, which no one is entitled to know the details of. If I choose to share those details, it is with people I know and trust.

My setting, my theater, and my time are not yours to piss about with as you wish, or to *** on just because I'm not bending over backwards to make you feel special.

I hope this is now clear to everyone who seems to have a problem with my stipulations. If you feel like PMing me to bitch, don't bother. And I'm sorry this is an angry post - I'm really not in the mood to be messed around right now.
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents: Icons for the 2018 Summer Gala have been disbursed. Please let me know if I forgot anyone, and thanks again to everyone who participated. I hope you all enjoyed it, and hopefully, see you all again at next year's gala! Smile
Eeva
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Jeshurun Gated Community, Old Temple
854.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony De Luca wrote:
Ladies and Gents: Icons for the 2018 Summer Gala have been disbursed. Please let me know if I forgot anyone, and thanks again to everyone who participated. I hope you all enjoyed it, and hopefully, see you all again at next year's gala! Smile

Nice icon!
Anthony De Luca
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
17160.88 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeva wrote:
Anthony De Luca wrote:

Nice icon!

It's just the gala poster in miniature, but glad you like it. Smile
Mataya
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
27275.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, all! The majority of the new Roll Call is up, as is the new roster for STARS (which I have been shamefully lax with, I do apologize).

There won't be any acceptance letters going out this year, purely because I'm struggling enough right now without adding more work for myself! ~chuckles~ What you need to know is -

- If you're Theater, rehearsal starts on Monday 10th September.
- Repertory, rehearsal starts on Monday 17th September.
- Ballet, group training building to rehearsal in the fullness of time begins 8th October (but you are encouraged to make use of the facilities before then).

Love you guys - should be an interesting year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Shanachie Theater All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: