Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Letters from Mira
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger
Can Be Found: Rhydin
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Letters from Mira Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
I arrived safely in town, and you may congratulate me. I got my old job back today. I didn’t even have to do any begging. Mr. Simon actually appeared rather glad that I came in and asked him if it was still available and not the least bit upset about that I had to leave at the end of last summer. He even asked if I would be willing to visit the team arenas during the team dueling season. Of course I said yes. However, I did have to get a different apartment. I found one I can afford. It’s fairly close to work, but not the best of neighborhoods. Actually, it’s not really so much an apartment as a room. But it has all the necessary furniture in it and the mattress is fresh and soft. It’ll do for now. There’s even an ice cream shop just down the street.
Did Sandy have her puppies yet? Give her a hug from me.
Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
You won’t believe what happened to me today. Rumors in this town must be traveling even faster than at home. One of my old regulars must have somehow heard of me having gotten the job back, and immediately sent some coins over as advance payment for at least a couple of months’ worth of gum, candy and water. Isn’t that just fabulous? I’ve not even been to work yet. Now I’m even more excited about getting to start on Monday and no matter how the first day goes, I’ll have at least some coins to bring to Mr. Simon.
Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
Your first letter arrived this morning. It is so good to hear from you. Don’t worry about there only being three puppies and not enough to go around. It’s probably for the best. The apartment is really too small for one of Sandy’s pups to be happy.
The first day back to work went well. I got to be on twilight isle, that’s where the mages cast spells at another and goblins are underfoot everywhere, while a challenge match was going on. But it’s tough making any sales there. Mages must not have much of a sweet tooth. Business was a lot better Outback where the wrestlers and boxers go to fight. They tip better there, too.
Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
I’m in Love! No, not with a guy, but with this the most dreamy dress I’ve ever seen. I took a walk in the newer part of town by the stars end bar earlier today, and there it was in the store window. It is hot pink with dark blue edges, no sleeves, like it came out of a science fiction picture, only prettier, and totally unaffordable.
There was an auction for charity at the arena last weekend. They auctioned off each other to be slave for a day and to make money for a tournament. From what I hear everyone that attended had a blast. I may have enjoyed that, too. But I didn’t find out about it until last night.
Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
Thank you so much for the cookies. They taste just like the ones Mom used to make.
I got to work at the challenge match last evening. It was busy. There were even baby dragons around the ring. I guess they belonged to the immensely tall draconian who was one of the duelers in the ring. Their antics distracted me so much, I'm sure I missed out on a sale or two.
Of course there was also the obligatory dolt. This one had his face painted in the Egyptian style and would have been handsome if he hadn't smirked so evilly most of the time. He tried to push me around and suggested I should be kneeling to him. The arrogance! But I did exactly what Mr. Braxx showed me a while back. You remember me showing you about lighting a cigar? It worked like a charm, too. The bloody bloke got nervous like – not really, but sort of – you know what I mean. I was so worried at first that he might upset the tray or send me off without paying, but he did neither and even gave me the promised tip. It's a good thing, too, I didn't have to resort to “plan b”. Mr. Simon might not have liked that.
Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

You may congratulate me. I found an extra job and already have a third of the money for that dress I told you about. Mr. Simon asked me to baby-sit his daughter while she is here. So far Sarah, that's the girl's name, has been a little darling. But she has that sort of cherubby face, you just know she's gonna wrap you around her little finger and then go find trouble behind your back. Tomorrow I am to take her to the zoo in the afternoon. Do you have any ideas I could use to keep her busy with? One can only tell so many stories to a little girl before she gets bored.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,
I'm so sorry to hear about the barn and glad that no one was seriously hurt. Thank you for the advice. Sarah loves the little straw and corn dolls. It was a grand idea to let her make the faces. You should have seen how proud she was when she got to show them off.
The postcard is from the Zoo. Sarah only enjoyed the animals for the first half hour or so. Then she was bored with the animals and plants and I think the apes scared her. She just wanted to go home after we saw them. Even cotton candy wasn't doing the trick to cheer her up or coax her into going to another exhibit after the gorilla flashed his yellow teeth at her.
Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

I’m sorry I’m just now getting to sit down to write. There was an ice cream social the day I returned and Mr. Simon wanted me to work right away. That turned out to have been a good thing. He just had me take flowers instead of the tray and the people there were pretty generous. I even got to keep some of those pretty roses for myself.

Anyway, I made it back into town all in one piece, safe and sound and Ms. Mill didn’t rent my room out to anyone else while I was away. Everything is still right where I left it. And you were so worried.

While I was away a couple of new places opened up for business. I’m curious if I’m going to get to try to sell stuff there, too. One’s a Tavern and the other place is a combination of a coffee shop and a book store. It looks to be a very cool place, but probably not so much one for selling chocolate and cigarettes. Maybe I can go there some time just for fun. I don’t know yet when they’re open.

How’s Alfred doing? Is Cassy still giving him trouble? Write when you can.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

You wouldn’t believe just what I saw when my rounds took me by the Red Dragon Inn the other evening! A bull! Not just the kind we have on the field, but one that walked upright and had arms and legs instead of just legs. I wonder if he has feet or hooves. He certainly had hands and he was drinking something out of an ale mug. He was talking, too. Yelling actually or I’d not have heard him talk. The place was stuffed full of people. It was just the most amazing thing to see. This town has the oddest assortment of people, but that must be the strangest I saw so far.

But business was great! I almost sold out of all the fancy boxed chocolates that evening and a bunch of people were generous and gave tips. I sure could use a few more days like that. Except perhaps without the smart dressed lord that prefers his cigars lit. Those things are yucky! And it’s so difficult not to cough. It does make for large tips, though, so it isn’t all bad.

Last night did not go so well as far as work goes. I had the worst of luck and managed to get everywhere just as they were closing and people leaving. Mr. Simon is on vacation, so at least until he gets back I won’t be able to make up for the slow days with baby sitting Sarah.

The postcard shows the market place when no vendors are set up there. Isn’t it pretty? But I’ve yet to see it that way, it’s always crowded when I have a chance to spend a little time there.

I hope to get a letter from you soon.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Hahahaha! You’re so funny! No one is asking me out on a date, much less dozens of smart dressed lords. That’s just too silly. When would I be going on a date anyway? Those things are in the evenings when I’m working.

Wow, that Cassy is bad! Poor Alfred. He should get rid of her. I’m sure there are plenty of nice girls that would love to go out with him that wouldn’t pull such stunts on him. Let me know when he wisens up.

This morning I managed to squeeze out a little time to have a look at the books and coffee shop. What a place! Comfortable seating everywhere, and row upon row of books on two floors. There’s even a little bakery inside. I wish you could see it.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

What a night I had! You had better be sitting be sitting down with a cup of coffee, because this is going to be the longest letter ever!

The evening started out extra slow. There was absolutely no one Outback, which is bad because the brawlers are usually good customers. And when I first got to the Inn no one there seemed to want anything and I was starting to worry it was going to be like last week when two candy bars a night was about all the business I could get.

Then I had the oddest customer. The man war a bright red hooded cloak, the hood pulled so far forward I couldn’t even see his face. Creepy! His voice was creepy, too, more like an entire choir talking at once. He even knew my name! But a customer is a customer and not to be ignored. And he could have heard my name and Mr. Simon’s somewhere before, at the time though it just added to the weirdness. It turned out he just wanted some dark chocolate, though, and he tipped well. The lady he was with he told that he lusted for chocolate as much as she lusted for human blood. Eew. Can you imagine that? I was glad to get away from them again.

After that I got busy in a hurry. There was even a lady that wanted those candy cigarettes I told you about and she was so delighted to get them, too. And then the evening turned all weird on me again, but in a good way.

There was this man dressed like a gypsy and talking in the strangest accent that sounded like he was well into his cups. But he didn’t act like a gypsy at all. At first he just wanted a pack of cigarettes, and he overpaid quite a bit with paper money. I’m just glad Mr. Simon told me about those papers a while back. I tried to tell him, too, that he way over tipped, but the man refused to take any of his papers back.

For the rest of the evening the customers were normal in comparison. Then, I was just about ready to call it a night; the gypsy man waved me over again. He wanted the lady that was sitting with him and his friend to pick anything she wanted, but she had gotten some chocolate from me earlier. He still talked her into a box of chocolates. And then he introduced me to his friend, Locke Carnelia. That’s a funny name, isn’t it? He was dressed all in steel, not something I get to see much of.

He was odd, too. At first he said he couldn’t afford chocolate and a moment later he wanted to buy just about everything chocolate left in the tray. I think the gypsy man gave him those papers though to pay for all that chocolate. I was just about done pulling everything chocolate from the tray when he decided that three boxes were plenty. And they say women can’t make up their minds! But he was nice and helped put the other stuff back into the tray. Then the gypsy man wanted to buy everything that was left, cigars and all. I certainly wasn’t about to say no to that!

Then, get this, Locke Carnelia asked me what I would like to drink and he got me cola! I didn’t quite know how to react I was so surprised. For a while I thought I was dreaming, all sold out and getting a cola from such a fine knight, that was just too good to be true, right? But it was actually happening. I was so excited I can’t even remember what we talked about. He was really nice, too, and didn’t pinch me even once.

You’d think that was plenty of excitement for one evening, but not so. When the cola was gone and I had said good night, I went to drop of the tray and an order for the next day along with the coins at the Outback for Mr. Simon like I always do before going home. I was just about half way home when it happened.

Now, don’t you worry, I’m just fine.

So, anyway, there were these two thugs that thought to rob me. Get this, they thought I had jewels! What idiots. And you’ll be so proud of me; I actually remembered to scream ‘fire’ just like you told me to despite being ever so scared. Then I kicked one and bit the fingers of the other who put his hand over my mouth. That might not have been the smartest thing to do, because then they pulled out knives.

And wouldn’t you know it, out of the darkness came the knight in shining armor just as one of those dolts threw me to the ground. Well, the armor was dull rather than shining, but I was mighty glad that he happened to be there. He was very knightly, too, and gave the thugs fair warning. Not they listened. Like I said earlier, idiots!

Anyway, he made short work of them and when I tried to thank him he just waved that off. Prue, you just have to think of something! It was the same knight that had invited me for a cola earlier. And he said he only happened along because he was looking for a spot to make camp. The poor thing didn’t even have a room to stay at. So you see, I have to think of something. He definitely deserves some kind of reward for dealing with those thugs. Now I have to find a different way home, or maybe I’ll ask Mr. Simon if I can drop off the tray and coins in the mornings instead.

Wow, this got long. I hope everyone at home is doing okay.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Mr. Simon is back from his vacation and he looks well rested. He seemed happy too with how I handled things while he was away, too, and with the list of things I had for him to re-order.

I think I have a new favorite customer, too. There was a darling young woman that bought one or two of everything sweet I had. She didn’t eat it all herself, of course, or she’d be round as a ball. And she came back for more later in the evening.

Do you remember me telling you about a creepy customer in a red cloak? I ran into him again yesterday, and let me tell you, that one gives me the chills. I’m not even sure why, maybe it’s those insanely long fingernails of his or maybe it’s his excessive use of possessive pronouns. On logical reflection, he was actually rather nice. He had already heard that I was attacked the night before and he gave me a knife so that next time I would be able to protect myself. Before you go off again about not accepting gifts from strangers, I did mention that to him. He said I could trade the knife for a bar of chocolate and then it wouldn’t be a gift.

I saw Locke again, too, the knight errant. He invited me for another cola again! Isn’t that sweet? He even offered to teach me how to use that knife this afternoon. But I forgot to ask him where to meet him for that, silly me.

Alfred’s just hopeless. I’d never stay with anyone that can’t see me because he’s hanging out with my girl friends. What’s wrong with his friends anyway that they would hang out with his girl and he’s not invited? He should start hanging out with Cassy’s girl friends and get him some new best buddies, and you can tell him I said that, too.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Your brownies are the best! Thank you so much. Ms. Mill said to be sure and tell you how much she enjoyed them, too. She was happy that I thought to offer her one. And thank you for the box for Locke, too. I knew you’d think of something good. I’m sure he can find a good use for your quilt and he’ll prefer the swords and helmets pattern over goslings, hats and flowers. I’ll take his box to the inn the afternoon, that way someone can give it to him when he gets there and he’ll have it even should I miss him. I have to deliver a message to him from Mr. Simon, too. He said for me tell Locke that he could have room and board at the Outback for as long as he wanted. Isn’t that just nice of Mr. Simon?

I found Locke, too, yesterday afternoon for that knife handling lesson he had offered. That was ever so interesting. I may actually have learned something, too. But before you go telling everyone that I was on a date with a knight, he did point out that he was just doing his duty when I thanked him for the lesson. So you see, still no date. He did bring me another cola, though, while I was working at the inn last evening. But then he went back to the bar chatting with people.

There was a very nice lady there last evening, too, several actually. One invited me to sit down for a while as she was looking at the flowers in my basket. That was really considerate of her. I hope her violets still look as fresh and pretty as the ones I have left over. The other nice lady saved me from having to listen to anymore nonsense from a gent that wanted to have a dozen roses to give to his lady friend for free. The gall! He tried to tell me he hired the thugs that tried to rob me and threatened to hire more of the same if I wasn’t giving him the flowers, right there with all those people around. Anyway, the lady, one of Locke’s friends, called me away from him, and I was very glad for that. The rest of the evening was rather boring and very slow, apart from one nice man who bought 18 roses at once. But he left right after and I didn’t get to see the lucky lady he got them for. Then Locke offered to walk with me when I was ready to leave. He hardly talked at all though on the way. I guess he was too busy keeping a look out for any thugs that may stumble too close. Nothing happened, though.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Locke loved your quilt and the brownies and he sends his appreciation. I got to meet up with just before work to give him your box. He also got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Simon yesterday. Mr. Simon was extra nice and they seemed to get on well. Mrs. Simon is going to have a new little one and they already asked me to baby-sit that one, too, once it comes around. That’ll be so much fun.

Later in the evening I got to see Locke in regular clothes without his armor. So that he could get a hug rather than his armor, he said. He does look impressive with armor, but my, does he look ever so handsome without.

I had an exalted customer last evening. The King of Westridge got his Queen a dozen of roses. At least I think they were the King and Queen of Westridge. But I’ve seen them before tending the bar, so maybe them being king and queen was just part of their little game. Someone said that they were role playing their first date. Isn’t that romantic?

On the way home something odd happened. I came across a woman with a fancy weapon that was hunting enormous rats. I didn’t even know the beasties could be that big. I hope she catches all of them.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Ms. Mill, when she saw me this morning, invited me in to have a look at her brand new baby kittens. Her cat had four of them just last night. They are so adorable and so tiny; I wish you could see them, three gray ones and one with reddish stripes. She offered me to pick one of them to keep. I reminded her that she didn’t allow pets in the rooms and that I wouldn’t know where else to keep one. She must have liked that, because then she offered for me to pick one for her to keep and for me to name, and that I could come downstairs when I wasn’t working to play with it. I think she’s lonely for company. The other people she rents rooms to just say hello to her when they meet her as they come in or leave.

Locke asked me if I could take a day off to show him around town, so I’ll be doing that today. I’ll look for another postcard for you while we’re walking all over town. I showed him the park yesterday already when he walked me home after work last night. He even carried that heavy tray for me. Wasn’t that just sweet? I gave him a kiss, too, just as you suggested, and when he said good night he said that he’d like to have more of those. He’s so adorable.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Locke and I walked around town all day yesterday. I don’t think there’s as much as a stone left that he didn’t get to see. But I quite forgot to look for a postcard for you. I’ll have to do later. We got so busy looking at everything that we didn’t get around to seeing the kittens. He was going to help me think of a name for one. In the evening we sat at a pond in the glen. He put his arm around me when it got dark and said that when I got cold I could scoot closer. Of course I didn’t wait until I got cold. The weather here right now is quite warm even after dark, and that may have never happened. Then I ran out of things to ask and tell and he did, too. But that was okay. Just sitting and being quiet together was nice, too. He said next week, should he not be too busy with saving damsels in distress, we could go swimming.

Love Prue
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Really, I wish you’d quit worrying so much. It’s just a little knife and only for dire emergencies, and it’s not likely I’ll ever get to use it for anything besides slicing a tomato. Anyway, so far when anyone tried anything there always was someone around to see to it that nothing happened. And the gent that offered ‘protection’ for a fee didn’t show up again, either. So, you see, there’s no need for you to loose any sleep.

Locke must have found himself a quest. At least I’ve not seen him anywhere the last couple of days. I do miss him, too. But it was probably good that he wasn’t there yesterday. I’d have felt so guilty had he been sitting there all evening just waiting for me to get done so he could escort me home. It turned out really busy, not at all like the evening before. The tips were really good, too, and everyone was super friendly. One of my repeat customers even introduced herself and her date, too, Tara and Mish. She told someone that she was a vampire, but vampires don’t eat chocolate, do they? A few more extra good days like that and I can send you the rest I still owe you for the last fare home.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Nothing much worth mentioning happened the last couple of days. Thursday because my head hurt like it was about split and I stayed home and Friday, well, let’s just say it was a very slow day. Yesterday was interesting though.

Do you remember me telling you about the Minotaur? And thank you for telling me what that species is properly called. Anyway, he got some violets from me yesterday, and he was as awkward about it as a young lad. I don’t think he ever got flowers for anyone before.

Lady Tara, I’m sure I wrote to you about her before, was extra nice yesterday. She rescued me from too much unwelcome attention from her boy-friend. Mish usually is nice, though, but yesterday he must have had way too much too drink. Maybe that was because she was about to have her baby. I wonder if she had a boy or a girl.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Miss Tara, she doesn’t want me calling her lady, didn’t have the baby yet after all. That must have been a false alarm. She tried to give me sales tips yesterday. You should have heard the idea she came up with, they were hilarious, and one more wrong than the next. She certainly has no sense for business, but I’m sure she meant well. One of the lords there, he’s quite the mage, but I get to that in a moment, thought to butt in, advising me that taking up her advise would be a bad idea, like I didn’t already know that. Then later the mage lord dispensed his own advice on how I should make more sales. His advice was just as bad, just into a slightly different direction. Get this, he said I should look sexy, like I’d need any more drunkards mistaking me for one of the upstairs girls for rent. Some gent mistook his trying to help as bad manners and started a fight with him. For a moment I thought they’d kill each other, but the mage lord handled the situation well, in an abrasive sort of way. His girl friend is very nice, though. She even took the time to assure me that he wasn’t about to let anyone die.

I was much more impressed with one of the other customers there, a young man that looks like a sloppy angel and is usually rather quiet. When all the hoopla was over he bought a rose and then started to take it apart, making a very pretty looking arrangement of leaves with the bloom floating in the center in a bowl. Then he gave the mage lord’s girl friend, the bowl with the arrangement and placed the left over stem in front of the mage. Flowers do speak after all.

There was a wolf at the inn last evening, too. He was following me around the entire time. But I when I left he must have decided to stay rather than continue to follow me. I wonder how he got in there to begin with. He sure didn’t seem to belong to anyone.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

I decided to take last evening off, and what a good idea that turned out to be! Locke returned to town and thought to look for me at home first thing. He had not even stabled his horse yet or disposed of his armor! Maybe he missed me as much as I missed him, what do you think?

We decided to get something to eat and a couple of colas from the pastry shoppe just down the street and enjoy both in the park while he would tell me of his quest. Then he lifted me onto his horse and climbed up behind, shining armor and all. I felt like such a princess right out of the stories. He thought that was funny, though when I told him.

We didn’t stay long in the park. He was tired and worn out from all that traveling and questing. But I’m sure I’ll get to see him again this evening.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Sorry I didn’t write yesterday. I was too upset for writing anything. Locke took a pretty woman around town all evening and didn’t even say Hello when he walked right past me. Yesterday afternoon he told me ‘it’ was just a quest. Right! Conquest is more like it. Because yesterday evening he didn’t show up at all and I heard that his afternoon quest was over in plenty of time for him to have made it to our date.

Anyway, I went to the inn for cola yesterday, and that that nice man that gave that knife a while back was there. He recognized me even though I didn’t wear that silly ponytail and uniform, and he even remembered my name. I’ve yet to see what he looks like, though. He always wears this hooded cloak with the hood way up to where seeing his face is impossible. I wonder if he’s hiding lots of scars.

Ms. Mill and I decided to name the kitten we’re going to keep Draco. He’s the liveliest of the four and when gets frustrated with playing he looks like he wants to spit fire.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Work was amazing last night! All the people were extra nice and I didn’t have a single nasty customer. Life is good.

One lady really wanted bubbles though, and that’s not something I have. Yet, anyway. She wanted bubbles so bad she tried to give a rock that looked a lot like an emerald. I had the hardest of times to convince her that pre-paying with something like that was a really bad idea. Eventually she agreed, though.

In the afternoon I happened across Dracht again. That’s the name of the nice man that gave me the knife. I finally got up the nerve to ask him what his name was. And he pulled his hood down so I finally got a good look at him. He’s BEAUTIFUL (!!!) like you wouldn’t believe, like an angel. I’m surprised my hair didn’t turn all white just from looking.

And then I got the oddest letter from a secret admirer. He says he’d been watching from afar for years and that he wants to meet me and is even sending a carriage to pick me up. Do you think I should go? I sure am curious.

Love Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

Nothing overly exciting has happened the last few days, whatever makes you think so? I’d write if there was something to write about. People tell me that Locke is courting a titled lady these days. The bubbles did okay for one day, but no one wanted any since. Miss Tara wanted me sell a golden egg for her, but so far no one wanted either. I think I’ll go into town this afternoon and see if one of the jewelers wants to pay a fair amount for it. Miss Tara is always so nice to me; I would hate to have to keep her waiting on proceeds from that.

What new and exciting things are happening at home? It’s been a while since you wrote anything of what’s happening with Alfred.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

I have a couple new favorite customers. There is this really pretty woman with the longest and whitest hair I’ve ever seen, she always gets all the dark chocolate I’ve left in my tray when she sees me and she’s always very nice. The other one is a man that always wants a couple of the expensive cigars. He always pays with platinum coins and never wants change.

Someone told me that Miss Tara had her baby, a little boy. I’ve not seen her at all in days, though. I hope she’s okay.

I finally found you another postcard. This one shows the Rhydin Museum Complex. Isn’t it just huge? So far I just had time to look at the art gallery. They have the most gorgeous pictures there. I could just stand there for hours on end looking at them.

Love, Mira
Mira Cigargirl
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
11862.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prue,

You’ll never guess where I got to spend the night! I got to sleep in a real life honest-to-goodness castle! And what a castle it was, let me tell you, humongous! You could fit your entire farm in there and have room left over. Every room there was absolutely grand. I would have never guessed just how much stucco, gilding, murals, and whatnot you can fit into one room, and the rooms were all huge, too. Even the privy was bigger than my room at Ms. Mills, and as if the floors and walls and ceilings were not enough to keep one marveling at newly discovered details for weeks on end, there were also the most amazing carpets and collections of this and that. Even the dishes they served food on where all pieces of stunning art. I was afraid to look at them too hard, though, for fear I’d break one. I probably don’t make enough in a year to pay for even one little cup like that. The Lord and Lady didn’t give me just a room to sleep in either, but an entire suite. When I tried to thank them both for the invitation, saying that I was greatly honored to be invited, the Lord said that he was honored to have me stay.

Now you probably want to know how all this came about. Miss Tara, you remember me mentioning her before, was giving a grand masque ball, and I got to include the ball on my round that night. When I got there she asked me to make sure not to just work but to take a break in-between and have some fun, too. But I got pretty busy, not so much at the ball, but at the Inn. The bartender, a really nice guy, when he heard that I wasn’t doing so well at the ball, bought roses for all the lady patrons at the inn, including myself, and even had me make a special delivery to a lady that was at the ball. Panther, the owner of the inn, was there, too, and he asked me to come by when I was ready to call it a night so he could get whatever roses I had left by then.

When I was all done, the ball was still going on, so I took Miss Tara up on her offer and went to have a better look at all those gorgeous costumes. I happened upon an abandoned walking stick, and just as I was trying to see who I may return it to, this ugly snake was hissing at me! I thought for sure my heart would stop. It was one of those black ones they only had a picture of at the zoo instead of the real thing, because it’s so poisonous, and it was going right for my foot! The next thing I knew I was laying on the floor, coughing and tearing up from some noxious fumes. The nice Lady, Lady Cieara deAuster – that sounds as beautiful and gentle as she is – was letting me have her handkerchief and then helped me up. It turned out that the stick I had found was her husband’s and he was mighty glad to have it back. Anyway, they were happy the snake didn’t bite me, not nearly as happy as me but happy just the same, and offered that to-die-for invitation. They even had their carriage all costumed up for the ball. You should have seen it! I still wonder how they got the horses to look like skeletons.

Except for the snake that was the best evening ever! Even better than riding through the park with the shiny knight.

Love, Mira
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: