Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Sgàils a'd Cuimhne Riamh
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> WestEnd -> Gharnholme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucius DeAuster
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Gharnholme or Cisroe in Carowyn
10557.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Daniel led Sorcha back, Lucius rejoined the battle, Drachmel sending foes flying back with each swing. All around him the organized attack was falling apart into smaller skirmishes, which in the long run suited the barbarians more than the trained mercenaries they were fighting.

"Korg!" He bellowed, drawing the attention of a hulking Northras directing men against the mercenary foe. "Send a runner back, have the cavalry mounted and ready to move." Korg banged a fist against his chest in indication that he had heard the command, and Lucius turned to look for Cieara only to nearly bowl her over as she stood behind him. Looking down, a quick study showed she was unhurt, though her normally sparkling emerald-green eyes now blazed with a crimson sheen. "Stay close, Cieara."

Lucius clasping her shoulder for a second with a soft growl before turning to head up the mountainside, the greataxe swinging from side to side as he cut a swath through their enemies. The few who survived contact with that possessed weapon found the Great Dark coming at the slash of a bound impaling blade, accompanied by a fiendish giggle of excitement.

And the Warrior whispered back
"I am the storm"

-Anon
Daniel DeAuster
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: The realm of Carowyn, or RhyDin
2404.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nay, Daniel, I be fine." Sorcha tugged again, to free her hand from the young man's grasp as he led her down the mountainside away from the fight. "Ye nay need to mother me."

"Father wants ye away from the battle, to calm down as well as heal." Daniel replied, stopping with a growl as Sorsha pulled her hand away.

"I said nay!" She growled, the sound menacing with the visage she currently possessed, though a part deep in Daniel found the image of black talons and small horns protruding from the tight curls appealing. Not now! He silently berated the other part of himself quickly. “I be healed already.” Sorcha turned, revealing the gash in her leathers from the earlier hit she had taken. Daniel could see angry pink skin around the scab that had formed, and even as he watched it slowly grew smaller as her natural healing powers kicked in full gear.

“Maybe, but ye need a few minutes to get a grip before I take ye back in.” Daniel glanced around, seeing only their men around the two young people. Most were heading away from the battle, seeking the healers who lurked behind the main body, but a small company of men trooped by, heading up the mountainside.

“Ye be a fine one to talk about control.” Sorcha muttered under her breath, for she could feel the eagerness and hunger radiating off the boy, nearly enough to give her a headache. “I also be watching over your sister, remember?”

“She’s with dad, so she’s safe.” Daniel replied, looking back to her. Hear me sethar? Be safe.

“They’re moving up the mountain!” The cry, coming from a horseman tearing up the pass, drew a scowl across the scarred features of the mercenary captain Bargo. The half-orc turned to glare at the human next to him with one bloodshot eye, the other being covered by a leather patch. “Thought ye said they would not come up the pass.”

“I said they would not be able to cross the pass.” the human replied, an almost bored expression in place. “The barbarians are doing exactly as we had predicted before the battle took place, if you remember?"

“Aye, and ye nay said anything about a full-scale engagement.” Bargo shot back in frustration. “I nae have enough boys to stop the devils, and they’ll play hells with our supply lines once they cross the mountains.”

“Captain Bargo, things are well in hand.” The human patted the mercenary on the shoulder, and Bargo had to fight not to slap it away. “Watch, and learn what your allies to the north can accomplish."
Cieara DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger, Bullet Catcher
Can Be Found: Usually Gharnholme, RhyDin, Cisroe, Or Tignus.
10532.00 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Cieara, everything was almost surreal in substance. That dark half, in a frenzy of feeding on the chaos around, was singing like never before. The closest she would later be able to describe it was standing too fast, and feeling the rush accompanying such a move. Her very skin tingled in her leathers, and she was moving with preternatural grace, leaping over a warrior’s head and stabbing into his sternum before he could change direction. Her foe fell with a gurgled cry of pain, which stopped when Cieara twirled Vestia in her grasp and planted it hilt-deep in his throat.

Snarling, with tiny fangs gleaming, Cieara leaped ahead, a foot coming down on Lucius’s shoulder plastron as she sailed to her next foe, her dagger blindingly swift as she slashed in her near-berserker frenzy. Her darker side was also feeding off Lucius’s battle-rage, and it was transferring to her, making father and daughter closer than either would have thought.

Beside her Lucius roared in fury, sending one to the ground with a backhanded slap, while his axe spun to deflect an incoming blow. Cieara crouched to spring, but movement behind caught her attention, and the young girl acted without thought, sending Vestia twirling through the air to embed deep in the sniper’s chest. The woman fell back with a scream of agony, her crossbow firing in reflex, and then it was Cieara’s turn to hiss in pain as the bolt grazed her neck, drawing a thin line of blood.

Cieara didn’t clearly realize what happened next so fast did it occur, as the world seemed to explode around her. Fire and dust enveloped her, and she had the sense of being lifted from her feet and slamming into her father, then all swirling chaos and thunderous noise faded into abrupt and sudden blackness.

And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium
Fiona DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Bullet Catcher, Cartographer
Can Be Found: Gharnholme, RhyDin, and acoss the realms of Carowyn
10923.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands griped the railing before her, Fiona gasped as a sudden wave of pain washed through her, ice-green eyes closed as she fought for control. Rhystal caught her shoulders to steady her. “Fiona child, what’s wrong?”

“Me baby.” She whispered, gritting her teeth as she forced herself to remain standing, using her father’s hands for support. Rhystal blinked in confusion as his daughter swayed under some unknown effect.

“Baby? What baby?”

“Cieara father. Something has happened, as I nae can sense her or Lucius.” She looked back to him, and he nodded once, quite aware of what that could mean.

“I’ll prepare the portal at once.” He said, leading her back into the palace. No matter what he felt about Lucius and his ways, Rhystal did care for his grandchildren a great deal.

“Aye” Fiona growled quietly, her voice more in control now. She did not know what had happened, but nothing would keep her from getting to her daughter’s side. Fiona also detected Daniel’s anxiety within the emotional connection, but was unable to get him to hear her, for the shock of whatever had occurred and perhaps the distance was drowning her out. Yet what puzzled her, as she made her hurried goodbyes, was the undercurrent she could feel in the familial link; a vestige of pure, unadulterated rage lingered.

Stabbing Westward
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Bullet Catcher, Mercenary
Can Be Found: Where ever her work takes her
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Daniel and Sorcha jerked around at the booming explosion, their astonished gaze resting on the ridge overlooking the pass. Fire mushroomed skyward, sending boulders and debris flying outward into the pass. Combatants from both sides were bowled over by the shockwave, and a second later the two young people were sent to their knees, staggered as the ground rolled under their feet. But what staggered Daniel more was the mental scream of terror that was suddenly cut off.

“Cieara!” he cried, scrambling to his feet and staring wide-eyed at the disaster unfolding before them. The ridgeline was hidden behind a grayish-brown curtain of dust, masking the entire front line of the battle. Beside him Sorcha glanced around, and then grabbed Daniel’s arm near the elbow.

“Come on.” She growled, pulling the young man into the shadow of a large pine and into the nether, the two reappearing closer to the ridge. As she rested a second, hand holding her against a tree as the wound and strain of taking two through the nether winded her, Daniel took off toward the ridge. All around combatants were picking themselves up from the ground, shaking their heads to clear the cobwebs away, but they were paid no mind unless one of the enemy stumbled before him, only to be sent tumbling back, often accompanied with the sickening crack of breaking bone. The barbarians shied away, not wanting to tempt the fury lurking in that crimson gaze.

Cieara, answer me! Dad! He opened himself as fully as he knew how, searching for any thread of his family. Fiona he could sense, the shadowassassin already portalling back from Zymier, but then all was driven away as pure red washed over him. Daniel blinked, stopping as he pulled back from that contact.

“Daniel!” Sorcha waved, attracting his attention toward a clump of bushes nearby. Vaulting a splintered tree, what had caught Sorcha’s attention came into view: a body, half-hidden by the bushes, but visible enough to reveal the gleaming dagger lodged in it’s chest, cat’s-eyes closed to protect from the dirt still hanging in the air. “Isn’t this hers?” Sorcha asked, coughing to keep her mouth clear. Daniel nodded, taking Vestia and pulling it from the dead body. Sliding it into his belt next to Toroth, his own bound blade, he glanced around, shaking his head.

“I don’t see…”The rest remained unspoken as Sorcha suddenly jerked him to the side, the tree he was standing beside blooming pockmarks at head and chest level. She ducked behind the tree while Daniel dove behind a huge boulder that had been blown from the side of the pass. “What the hells?”

Close call there in the shadows
There's a fear in the dark
There's one out there
Out of the Shadows -Sarah McLachlan

Last edited by Sorcha Mirawien on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Snipers!” Sorcha called, peering around the tree trunk, only to jerk back as an arrow thudded hard into the wood. “Up on the ridge at the crown!” Daniel looked that way, noting the dark forms moving along the edge of the ridge. Small puffs of smoke erupted along the line, the sharp crack of the shot reaching the ear as the round hit rock or wood.

“We can hit them from behind.” Spying a copse of trees near the edge, Daniel was preparing to jump back into the shadows when a gruff voice stopped him.

“Ye’ll be going alone, boy.” Korg fell heavily behind a tree, clearly favoring his right leg, crimson clearly visible against the tan skin. “Me boys be scattered and hurt. They will nae make a charge into black powder right now.”

“He’s right, Daniel. It be a dead mans folly to charge in now.”
“Father wouldn’t stop because of that!” Daniel shot back, his eyes drawn again to the rubble now blocking the passage upward.

“Yer father be smarter then that!” Korg growled in reply, ducking back as a bullet winged past his ear. “Besides, he be buried now, And I’m telling ye, Prince, we can nae take that ridge!”

The use of Daniels title stung, reminding him that Korg was a battle-hardened leader, while he still had much to learn. He silently nodded, looking back upward, features hardening. “Daniel don’t ye….”

For the second time that evening Sorcha found herself cut off by another explosion of rocks and dust, this one much smaller than the first, but powerful enough to send small rocks bouncing away and forcing the three back into cover. Accompanying the eruption was a high-pitched roar, enough to drown out Daniel amazed shout of joy.

There's one out there
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerful wings unfurled toward the sky, shaking off the dust coating, the figure emerging from the landslide easily half again as tall as a man without them. Skin gleamed a dull red in the dying light, and it was hard to tell where split armor ended and rough hide began. The horned head swiveled around, blazing crimson eyes taking in the ridge and the surprised soldiers crouching there, and another roar of challenge resounded off the cliffs, sending small streams of dust flowing down in miniature avalanches. Nothing of the face was human, the grim visage made even more inhuman when the jaw split in two, revealing rows of razor-sharp teeth as it screamed upward. But what had Daniel’s attention was the small black bundle cradled in the creature’s arms. “Dad! Cie!”

Sorcha’s eyes widened at the sight before her. If that was Lucius, for it was indeed something outside her experience, he had grown in stature when he changed. A sharp crack shook her from her shock, as the soldiers above regained their senses and trained their weapons on the beast below them. The thing whirled, shielding Cieara with its body, the wings folding around them like a cocoon.

Seeing it crouch, Daniel started forward, only to be jerked back as a whiplike tendril of shadow snaked around him and pulled with surprising force. Leaping high into the air, heavy wings beat once, twice, giving the beast altitude, where it then turned south, in the general direction of the camps. “Why did you stop me?” Daniel shouted as he whirled on Sorcha, his eyes gleaming ferally in his rage. In reply Sorcha yanked him down, saving him again from a hail of bullets and arrows.

“Mayhap I should let ye stand there and become a pincushion. Might be it would knock some sense into ye mule head.” Sorcha snapped.

Daniel started to retort, closed his mouth again and nodded tightly. Seeing he was thinking logically now, the young assassin chanced a glance up. She could hear Korg bellowing commands, and the forlorn horn call that sounded the retreat. Taking Daniel’s arm, Sorcha led the young man back into the shadows, knowing that if she didn’t, he was about to do something rash and probably get them both killed.

There's one out there
Fiona DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
10923.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A combination of portals and long shadow leaping had Fiona at the camp within a few short hours after feeling the first pain. She glided silently through the camps, heading with predatory grace to Lucius’s tent, set near the back among a stand of oak trees. The camp was quiet as the sun set, for the most part sounds coming were moans of the wounded, and the soft muttered words of small knots of men, discussing the battle. While not falling into the morass that often follows a defeat, the Northras were still stunned. Many who had fought this day had not taken part in the battle at Cisroe, and thus had no experience with black-powder weapons. The unknown did not strike fear, but a grim determination to break the enemy even more.

Despite the worry in her heart a small smile crept to her features, seeing the familiar auburn mane bobbing around men’s shoulders. Seconds later she was taken into a hug before Myrialla stepped back to arms length.

“They be inside, Fio. Cie nae be awake, but she be out of the woods. ‘Tis a healing sleep she’s in.” Happiness at the news blossomed within her, yet only Myrialla would have a sense of it, for Fiona’s exterior calm remained firmly in place.

“And what of Luc?” She asked, and could barely stop the snicker as Myrialla suddenly growled softly, a look of exasperation replacing the warm look.

“That man is..is..a man!” she grumbled, half-turning to look at the tent. “Will nae lay down, and barely let me dress his wounds.” She glanced back as Fiona finally chuckled softly, her leather-clad hand resting on Myrialla’s shoulder.

“I’ll see to him, Myri sweet.” She said, then stepped toward the door, but paused. “Where be Daniel?” So worried had she been about Cieara and Lucius, he had neglected to ask about him. Myrialla nodded, understanding completely in that way only a woman could.

“He be fine, Fio. Sorcha took him away for a time.” Myrialla started piling food and bandages on a platter, preparing for when Fiona would go into the tent. “She felt he needed a break.”

Silently thanking the young woman for her quick thinking, Fiona nodded, before disappearing into the tent. Within, her eyes quickly adjusted, and she saw Cieara asleep in the bed, furs piled atop her to keep her warm. Again, relief flooded through Fiona at seeing her young daughter shift slightly in her sleep, and then frost-green eyes locked on her husband where he stood vigil beside the bed.

Stabbing Westward
Fiona DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
10923.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His back was scarred in several places, where shot and arrows had hit and penetrated, and in his aura there was an undercurrent of pain. But, stubborn as he was, Lucius was not even considering his own health at the moment, but was watching over his youngest child. Fiona slipped over and slid an arm into his, stirring the man from his reverie and to look down. “Fiona, I did not sense your arrival.”

“Nae love, I only just got here. And ye have other things than to be scanning for me approach to occupy your mind.” She replied softly, looking up at him. When he did not answer a frown crept to her lips. “Lucius, she be healing. Myri would nae rest until she was safe from danger. And the same could be said for ye.” That brought a soft growl, but she did not budge.

“I don’t know how, but Torvien has managed to keep an alliance with the northern scum. They used gunpowder to bring the cliffs down on us.” Leaning over Lucius brushed back a lock of hair from Cieara’s cheek, and then straightened again with a grimace. “Perhaps it is through one of these other lords, but somehow Torvien is receiving aid from the Northern Empires, and that will have to stop.”

“Aye, M’Love. But now is not the time.” Fiona took his hand and tugged, not letting up the tension until he stepped away from the bed and back around the curtain, where Myrialla was silently waiting, having brought the platter in while Fiona had distracted Lucius. Though his stomach rumbled at the smell of the sliced beef and ale, he shook his head.

“Damnation, sit down, ye stubborn ass!” Myrialla’s voice, always soft and cheerful, held an edge that even got Fiona’s attention, Lucius relented and sat down in the chair, leaning on his elbows on the tabletop in front of him. “I have enough work to do with those outside, and nae need ye acting a fool.” Still muttering, she started to dress the rest of his wounds, though her touch was as gentle as ever.

“And when she is done, ye need to make an appearance to the men. Let them see that ye still stand.” Fiona added, leaning a shapely hip against the table and looking at her husband.

“And afterward, ye’ll be drinking some tea, and getting yeself into bed!” Myrialla added, taping a dressing into place along his back. “And nae arguing either. Otherwise, ye be cut off!” That earned her a dark glower, yet Lucius reached for a plate and fork.

“Alright, alright. I get your point, both of you.” Steadfastly concentrating on the platter before him Lucius missed the look of triumph that passed between the two women.

“And tomorrow we will start planning on what to do about Torvien’s new toys.” Fiona promised, leaning over to brush a soft kiss to his cheek, mirrored by Myrialla to the right. “And ye know that we love ye, ye stubborn mule.” The soft laughter of the two drowned out the exasperated groan from the chaos lord, as he shook his head in total defeat for the second time that day.

Stabbing Westward
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorcha had taken Daniel back to one of the places Fiona had used as a stopping point. A serene lake, where the air was cool and the trees thick enough to protect it from the winter wind that might seek to pass through them.

Stumbling a bit from the shadows she dropped down with her back against a tree and just dragged the loosened hair from her face with a sigh. Her head was pounding dreadfully from the emotional battering coming from the young DeAuster. Along with her own mental berating of losing her control and the end result was Sorcha needed peace.

“Calm ye self boy. Ye be making my head ache.” Eyes resuming their normal shade lifted to watch Daniel pace around like a caged lion and she gave another silent sigh. “Ye were making everyone at the camp nervous with ye agitation.”

“Where the hell are we?” Daniel growled, and then spun around to glower at her, the dark hair caught by a faint draft of wind and his eyes glittering like rubies, bright red and furious still. “And don’t call me boy.”

“Ye father and sister will be alright. Ye heard Lady Myrialla tell ye that, so stop and sit. Take a breath and for the sake of shadows, Cool down else I will put ye down.” Sorcha snapped right back with a sudden flashing of ocean blue eyes.

He stalked off towards the water and she watched him, still feeling the fury coming off him in heavy waves of emotion. It was such a tempting thought to just shove him into the cold waves, as that would certainly cool him off quickly, but Sorcha suspected he might attack her for doing such.

In truth, Sorcha didn’t like anyone to touch her even in a battle so she held back the urge and just leaned her head back against the tree. The sights of this day burned in her mind. Lord DeAuster’s human guise had been stripped and she found the Daemon form a little intimidating, but didn’t like admitting that even to herself. Their children had also been a bit of a shock too. Both seemed to embrace that dark half they carried and it was paying hell with her own cursed beast. Now, she was watching the young man stomp about and just felt weary to her very bones.

There's one out there
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her back still carried a lingering ache from that earlier injury and Sorcha suspected that her current lack of energy had much to do with blood loss from it, but Myrialla had needed him taken away and so, Sorcha now sat here, hoping he would soon calm down before she lost it again and just knocked him out for a few hours. Finally Sorcha spoke again with words designed to be quiet and soothing. “Ye can’t win every battle Daniel. Sometimes ye have to use tactics and nae rush into situations that offer little more than death.”

“I know that.” Daniel snarled with a hard look shot over a shoulder at her. Leaving her to view the tense set of shoulders and feel another blast of that anger.

“Then why this fury? Ye father and ye sister will be fine. Ye heard the healer tell ye that.” Sorcha asked somberly while one hand rose to rub at a throbbing temple.

“Mind your own damned business.” Came Daniel's harsh and instant reply, one filled with disgust.

A brow rose at the language and Sorcha just snickered to herself. “Ye be spoiling for a fight and I am nae in the mood to take ye up on it.”

Hugging her knees she rested her chin on them and just continued to watch him with intent stormy blue-green eyes. “Until ye relax, ye can nae go back and see them. That was the deal after all. So ye best do whatever it is ye usually do to unwind, or we shall be here a while I suspect.”

The tall form wheeled about abruptly and Daniel glowered at her for a moment with his hands moving to rest on his hips and gave what Sorcha could only call a dangerous smile. “I can nae do what I usually do.”

Gazing at him with her hand moving to push the drift of hair from her eyes and relieved to find the horns starting to recede. “What method do ye commonly use? Perhaps we might improvise.” Thinking if he was even remotely like her, it would be some form of physical release such as training, sparring or working out various moves.

If anything it seemed to her that the crimson gaze was a darker red now as Daniel stared pointedly at her then smirked. “I usually have sex.”

Those four words made Sorcha blink at him in unguarded shock and she was glad the light was fading in the glade for she hoped the color rising in her face would not noticeable. “Then I guess ye be out of luck after all. Have ye ever considered a cold dip or running laps? ” The words blurted out before she could even control it and stated firmly, yet there was a frosted cutting edge nonetheless. All making it more than obvious she was not even contemplating THAT.

Daniel had stated that so straightforward and blunt Sorcha truly believed he was serious and yet still found that unexpected to say the least. She also believed he had done that to see her reaction. Of course he was male, and it was her belief they often spent much of their time in pursuit of such hedonistic pleasures. Considering the anger rolling off him, she doubted many would find pleasure with him in that state however.

For just a moment she felt rather sorry for the DeAuster slaves and just glanced away, contemplating the fading light as it struggled through the dense foliage and sent shimmers across the lake water.

There's one out there
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel grunted a reply, sending a stick sailing out over the water. He also stared out over the vista, but not seeing the incredible beauty of the Ridgedown Mountains in late winter. After a moment he slowly turned again toward the silent Sorcha. "Hows your back?"

"Hmm?" Caught off-guard by the change, Sorcha was slow in answering Daniel, her hand slipping back around her side to touch the rent in her leathers. “Ah, ‘tis nothing for ye to be worrying over Daniel, the cut be healing.” Stepping over to the fallen tree that the young woman sat upon, Daniel leaned to get a better look, only for Sorcha to jerk back. “Nae, Daniel, that isn’t needed.”

“Look, Sorcha, Myrialla told you to get me away from the camp and not bring me back until I calmed down.” There was a fleeting flash of emotion from him that Sorcha couldn’t pin down as he continued. “And dad’s last command was for me to watch over you.” He stood straddling the tree now, looking down to her with arms folded over his chest. “So, will ye let me check that cut, or do we both fail in our duty?”

Ohhh, he’s a tricky one. The thought reluctantly played across her mind, but Sorcha merely nodded tightly and half-turned, bending over a bit to give Daniel a better look. Leaning down, he inspected the wound with a critical eye. The blade had bit deep, but the gash was already nearly fully closed, and he guessed that by morning all that would remain would be a small scar that should fade over time. “Damn, you are a fast healer!” he said, a bit of admiration in his voice. As clumsy as the praise was, Sorcha was still glad she was facing away from Daniel.

“Why are ye so upset, Daniel?” Sorcha asked, to change the subject into an area she found not quite so personal for her. Straightening, she turned to watch the young man, who was shifting to sit on the log beside her. Daniel stared out over the lake for a moment, the gaze never wavering as he finally replied.

“Cie and I are close…very close. Our connection formed before she was even born.” A slight smile as he thought back, remembering telling his parents he was ‘gonna have a sister’, and their indulgent smiles, until the day Cieara had been born. “It’s the bond our kind share, only a lot stronger. It makes us so much alike in a lot of ways, people mistake us for twins at times.”

After a moments pause, Daniel then added. “Except for a couple of bad times, we’ve never lost that connection.”

Sorcha shifted uncomfortably, reminded of her dramatic change earlier that day, and again mentally cursed herself for the loss of control “Until now?” she asked, after he had stopped talking for a moment. At least he was calming down somewhat, which in turn was helping ease her aching head.

There's one out there
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Aye. It’s like missing a part of yourself, and it’s damn uncomfortable.” The last growled softly, and Sorcha reached out to grip Daniel's shoulder briefly, more to keep him calm that anything else. “When she blacked out, and dad changed, I thought I had lost her.”

“What exactly did your dad turn into?” The question came before Sorcha thought to stop it, but, she was thankful, Daniel didn’t seem put out by it.

“Dad’s a daemon.” He glanced to Sorcha, caught the perplexed look, and continued. “He is an unusual breed that worships the Gods of Pandemonium, sort of like a demon but nae quite.”

“I see.” She replied, though Sorcha was still unsure about what a ‘daemon’ was. “And he’s able to change fully?”

“When he’s mad enough, Aye.” Daniel stood up and walked over to the stump of the fallen tree she sat upon. “Usually, his beast manifests much like our Darker half. But,…” Sitting down, he stretched, wincing at the aches settling into his muscles. “…his powers lie along differing paths than our kind.”

Now THAT she believed, having seen Lucius rise from under a ton of rock with barely a slowing. “I’ll be certain to steer clear when he’s got a rage going.”

“Good idea.” And Daniel finally chuckled softly. “Though, if you’re a friend, that’s sometimes the safest place to be.”

There's one out there
Fiona DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
10923.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cieara murmured softly in her sleep, slowly becoming aware of a press against her. “Move over, Danny, yer crowdin' me.” She grumbled softly, pushing upward only to be met with an unyielding resistance. Sleep-filled eyes blinked open, and it took a few seconds for her drowsy mind to register that she was lying under a thick pile of blankets and furs. The weight she had felt was Lucius’s arm, laying across her midsection on top of the blankets. Scooting back, she pressed against his blocky form, drinking in the heat with a soft childish sigh.

Her eyes had drifted closed again when something brushed across her forehead, and dragging them open again, she gazed into the eyes of her mother. A smile drifted across the young woman’s face at the sight. “Hey mum.” She said, the second word accompanied by a yawn.

After he had eaten Lucius had walked down to where the tribal leaders had gathered, discussing the events of the raid with them, and ordering a heightened picket for the camp that night. Myrialla had returned to the healers tent, to help prepare unguents and help with the injured, leaving Fiona to sit with the sleeping Cieara. It was about an hour after sunset when Lucius returned, and with little prompting had stripped out of his leathers and slipped under the furs with Cieara. After sending Tisha to Daniel’s tent for the evening Fiona had eventually joined the two, sandwiching Cieara between herself and Lucius. Cieara’s wakening awareness had tugged at her senses, rousing her shortly before her daughter had woken.

“Hello, little Jade. How do ye feel?” A warm smile, one that very few outside the immediate family ever saw, tugged at Fiona's lips as she watched her daughter. Cieara nodded slightly, eyelids still dropping from the effects of the tea.

“I’m nae be hurting, mum.” She replied, her arm reaching out to hug Fiona, who moved closer so she could. “What about Daddy?”

“He be healing fast, just as ye are.” Fiona leaned over to brush a kiss to Cieara’s forehead. “Ye did quite well out there today, Cie. I’m proud of ye.”

“Thanks mum.” Cieara replied, a sleepy smile in place. Fiona could see that she was fighting to stay awake, and gently placed a finger against her daughter’s full lips when she started to talk again.

“Nae, child, sleep now. We’ll talk in the morning.” A gentle mental nudge was sent as she spoke, urging her offspring to rest, and heal the host. Cieara quickly succumbed, slipping back into dreams as she curled between her parents, her head resting on Fiona’s outstretched arm as she clutched to her mother. Fiona smiled again softly in the dim light, and gave her daughter a long hug as she finally let herself fall into sleep.

Stabbing Westward
Daniel DeAuster
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
2404.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel stirred, blinking sleep-filled eyes to stare up at the roof of his tent. The gloworb on the small table near the tent flap cast a dim glow to the tent, but out beyond the small cracks between the opening he could barely make out the tree’s he was camped under. Early morning, he decided, his lean form stretching on the bedding as he yawned. Once, he had hated mornings, but he was finding himself getting up more and more at the crack of dawn while out in the field. Just one of the many changes he was experiencing.

His movements brought a soft grumble from the still-sleeping Tisha, who pulled at the covers and cuddled closer to Daniel. After he and Sorcha had returned they had spent time with Fiona, filling her in on what they had seen that afternoon. His mother had listened quietly, nodding at points, and then had hugged Daniel tightly before sending him to get something to eat. “Ye father and sister be sleeping, and nae need disturbing.” She had said. “In the morning you will see them.”

Sorcha had remained behind at Fiona’s request, so Daniel had wandered down to the camps down the hill, mingling with the Northras. While much quieter than usual, the barbarians had still eaten and drank their fill, thus it was several hours after sundown before he returned to his tent, to discover Tisha kneeling obediently beside a set table “Mistress Fiona sent me to you this evening, Master.” That had brought a smile to the young man’s features as he fastened the flap behind him.

Daniel lightly stroked her hair as he reran the memories of the previous evening. Sorcha had disappeared into her tent behind his, and he had hoped that he and Tisha had not disturbed her. Though, no light had been seen in her tent when he had arrived. Memories and the feel of warm flesh had other emotions stirring, and he forcibly calmed the dark urges building, instead sitting up and again stretching in the cool air. Leaving the girl to slumber he quietly dressed and splashed cold water on his face and, after drying with a small towel, stepped outside.
Daniel DeAuster
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
2404.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona was already awake and standing by the fire outside Lucius's tent, a steaming mug of coffee in hand. She waved Daniel over from his path toward the tentflap and, after giving him a one-armed hug, motioned him toward another cup sitting on the cooking grate. "Cieara is still in the healing sleep." She took a sip of the steaming coffee while watching her son. "Myri will let us know when she is awake."

"And what about dad?" Daniel looked aside to the tent, Fiona's gaze following suit.

"As well as can be expected, given the events of yesterday." A shadow moved over pale elven features as she remembered the second's flash of terror she had felt from Cieara over the empathic link that the family shared. She had been forced to dampen her connection with Lucius lest she be overwhelmed by the near-blinding rage of The Beast and she again thanked the gods for Myrialla and her ability to coax her husband back into control.

"After ye sister awakens and has something to eat I want all of ye back at Gharnholme." She caught Daniel off-guard, his expression one of uncertainty.

"But the fight..."

"Is done." Fiona cut him off, the shake of the head sending the long braid whipping along her shoulder blades. Her features softened the next second and she reached up to lightly caress his cheek. "Alskale, you'll learn over time that not all battles can be won." Her gaze shifted again to the encampment. "It is a bitter lesson, and one I sometimes think your father is still learning also."
Sorcha Mirawien
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
8205.04 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretching slowly under the warmth of the heavy furs that made up the bed, she slowly rose from the deep sleep her body had needed. Sorcha was shaking off the vague dream images and slowly a pale hand rose and pushed the tousled dark hair from her face. The myriad of images had come from day before. Stark and cold the lingering visuals of war and fighting and the energy of the moment, which she found just a little unsettling.

She had crawled into her tent the moment she had been able, the weariness of the battle still heavy on her entire body. The memory of the day still replayed in her mind but had become something else at the end. Sorcha was almost glad she couldn’t quite remember what they were, but such was the fickle way of dreams.

Slipping from the warmth of the nest she had made while sleeping she was pleased to find that the small camp heater had kept the chill of the early morning air at bay. Another stretching and she leaned down to see if the pail of water she had placed near it had stayed warm as well and was glad to find it was the case.

Shedding the large flannel shirt she bathed herself before donning her usual leathers. She would need to repair the others first and hoped to find some thick thread and needle for that job, but only after she found something to eat.

Hair drawn back into a comfortable tail, she stepped outside while pulling gloves onto her cold hands and glanced about. The camp was awash in the first hues of morning, with the soft colors of mauve still obvious, but she could hear voices and the clatter of activity. That sound drew her and she strode towards the large command tent.

She found Fiona and Daniel seated a table and talking quietly. Just when she was about to turn back, not wanting to interrupt, the lady offered her a quiet smile. “Good Morning to ye Sorcha. Be ye normally an early riser?”

“Nae, but after the activities of yesterday, I did fall into a deep sleep once we returned last night.” Her usual jobs tended to favor a night owl considering the nature of it.

“Come join us. There be coffee on the side bar if ye be wanting it.” Another smile before the pale green gaze swung back towards her son.

“I was just telling my son that I wish ye all to return to Gharnholme today.” Fiona stated as Sorcha took a seat with a steaming mug of coffee held carefully in one hand.

Sorcha could feel Daniel's uncertainty and suspected he was also not terribly happy at being sent home. As for Fiona she had a deft hand at hiding her emotions. It made the assassin wonder if this return was due to her losing control, but she dared not voice such a thought.

Fiona however, apparently sensed it before Sorcha could muffle it down, for she continued speaking. Her voice quiet and controlled. “Do nae think it is due to ye Sorcha. What occurred last night tells me tis time for us to rethink the strategy here and nothing more. This be common in war.” Pausing to take a healthy sip of the rich black coffee before she continued.

“I am going to try and track down Anastasha.” Fiona then commented, while reaching for some fruit that had just been placed upon the tabletop by one of the servants.

“Tasha? Why do you want to find her Mum?” That brought Daniel’s eyes up toward his mother curiously.

“Tis’ that ability of hers that I seek the one that allows for the disruption of our enemies black powder weapons. I think we need to find a way to recreate the effect she has and use it against our adversaries.” She replied quietly. “As it stands, she be the best option else we might see another situation that happened yesterday. Such a thing can nae continue.”

“Nae, ye are right about that Mum. I am sure she won’t mind helping us out.”

Sorcha had no idea who they were speaking of, but the idea that one might have the skills to prevent mountains from exploding, in what she felt was a most unnatural fashion, from occurring again seemed like a good idea to her.

“Aye, I am sure she will nae mind, though it is certain she will nae care for camping out.” Fiona’s lips curled into a wry smile, as the young elf’s dislike of the cold, horses, bugs and more was well known. “Now, as for ye two, I will ask that ye keep a watch on Cieara for now and stay close to Gharnholme once ye return there. There be trouble brewing which means we must be cautious.”

Daniel gave another nod and went back to his breakfast. Sorcha also agreed somberly, knowing it was her job to watch out for the young man and his sister. She had given her word and now considered it her sworn duty to keep them both from harm.

There's one out there
Lucius DeAuster
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
10557.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Damn them!” The leather-clad fist slammed into the middle of the map, shaking the table and all on it and those around took a prudent step backward. Lucius was, in a word, furious. “Damn Torvien, damn his gods-cursed allies and thrice-damn that blasted black powder!”

Earlier that morning a party from Jerrak’s warband had scouted eastward, passing the spot of the day’s previous debacle and heading for another, smaller pass through the mountain spur. The small group, twenty strong, had encountered a sizable force mining the pass, and a jumpy commander had ordered the explosives detonated in fear the barbarians were moving in force. None of the Northras were hurt but the pass was blocked, with Torvien’s forces holding the high ground.

“There is still the Hausdotter Pass.” Terrak pointed at the map, to the third of three splits in the spur. “With four tribes gathered, along with the lowlanders, we can take the pass.” The eyes of the other sa-khans flicked to the form of Captain Merrav Tio, commander of a contingent of the Mercyvian regular army that had arrived during the night. If the captain felt any discomfort at the Northras's words he did not let it show.

“And what makes you think that our enemy would not have it trapped also?” Lord Unther replied, his right hand opening and closing in his irritation. “These fools are proving themselves to be quite…versatile in their strategy.”

“Mayhap not so foolish as we had thought?” Korg stood near the end of the table, using a crutch provided by one of the healers to stand. Though still recovering from his injuries from the previous day, he had insisted on being at the meeting.

“No.” Terrak shook his head slowly, tracing along lines that marked roads and trails. “They’re forcing us to either move east and then north where we would meet the bulk of the spacach's army, or they want us to turn west on the long road.” His finger lingered for several seconds on that portion of the map, dominated by the southern curve of the Dawnsbreak Mountains and the Severland Swamp.

“They turn our own strategy against us.” Captain Tio was studying the map carefully, a deep frown forming as he also considered the options. “My people would have considerable trouble traversing the swamps with our supply train. And we would be extremely vulnerable trying to move along this thin strip of land.”

“Indeed.” Still glowering, Lucius stepped back from the table. “And then we would have to hope that the Golvanin would not be adverse to our moving an army so close to their border.” He sighed, the sound more of a growl, and looked around the group. “What would be our travel time to take the hidden routes?”

“We would need to backtrack close to Torrence, and then turn north along the logging roads.” Terrak carefully traced out the path as he spoke. “Four days to move through the crossroads and into the timber. Once we pass the mill, the tribes will travel over the old paths while the lowlanders hold the crossroads.” He glanced to his twin, who nodded slowly, and then back to Lucius. “In two weeks we could be in the northland passes again.”

“And we give up the western passes to Torvien’s alliance.” Unthor held the look of one who had just bitten into bad fruit. “He'll be able to start shifting more toward the eastern approaches and the coast, strengthening his borders while we scale the mountains.” During the discussion Lucius had stepped away from the table to stand by one of the support poles for the tent fly the group was clustered under. Arms folded, he was looking up at the mountains, the high permafrost gleaming white under the morning sun. Behind those peaks, his enemies plotted, and for the moment he could see no way around their stratagem. He allowed the gathered leaders talk for several moments before speaking, bringing the debate to an end.

“Korg, pull your tribe back to Gharnholme and tend to your wounded. Jerrak, take your warriors and set a picket at the ford while keeping a watch on the passes.” The sa-khan of the Kargash tribe glanced to the others before nodding slowly, left fist coming to thump gently against his chest. The gesture was unseen by Lucius, who remained unmoved, gazing at the mountaintops. “Terrak, you will travel the high paths. Try to get behind the lines and get those bastards off a secure footing.”

“My lord.” Terrak nodded, and then reached out to clasp his twin's forearm before turning and walking off to gather his men.

“Lord Unthor, take your Bloodbonded and raid along the lines. I want their eyes focused this way while Terrak moves behind. And Tio, you will strengthen the garrison at Torrence. It will put the people's mind at ease to see the regular army standing protection.”

“Aye, Your Majesty.” Tio half-bowed toward the immobile Lucius, then gave the remaining barbarians a nod before taking his leave, accepting his helm from his adjutant as he left the tent. The others also made to depart, leaving the Dark Sovereign alone to brood. Finally he punched a fist into one of the tent poles setting the fly to wavering, dangerously close to collapsing.

“Damn them!”

"I am the storm"

-Anon
Cieara DeAuster
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger, Bullet Catcher
Can Be Found: Usually Gharnholme, RhyDin, Cisroe, Or Tignus.
10532.00 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawning, Cieara pulled on her hard leather boots and stood up to stretch, wincing slightly at the dull ache in her shoulder. Myrialla had finally awakened her, and after having her sip a warm tea, had urged the young woman to get up and dress. Stepping from around the heavy blanket she caught sight of Daniel standing near the tent flap, fidgeting with the heavy canvas. She didn't have to say anything, for the second she saw him he turned, and seeing the smile coming to peach-pale lips, bounded across the tent to sweep her into a hug. Letting out a startled squeak Cieara returned the hug. "Easy, ye big dope, or yer gonna crush me!"

"Just happy to see you up and about, sethar." Daniel replied, letting her back down with a low chuckle. "And don't go scaring me like that again."

"It was nae my idea to bring down the mountain." A faint frown crossed Cieara's elfin features, the memory of the previous afternoon dark indeed. Shaking the dark mood away, she looked over to her brother with an impish grin. "I'm hungry." Daniel laughed softly again, pulling back the tentflap for her.

"I've already eaten, but Aunt Myri made certain there was plenty left for you." Cieara could already smell the savory aroma of eggs and bacon in the chilly dawn air, and her stomach rumbled softly. The early morning fog had burned away, leaving a crystal blue sky bereft of clouds. Fiona and Sorcha sat at the table talking quietly.

"Morning Momma!" Skipping ahead Cieara folded her arms around Fiona's neck in a deep hug. Laughing softly Fiona returned the hug just as eagerly, and then eased aside to give Cieara room to sit beside her. It did Fiona's heart a world of good to see her daughter not only on her feet, but light of spirit after the day before.

"Good morning to ye, little sweet. I trust that ye slept well?" Lithe fingers idly played with coppery curls as she watched Cieara start to heap fruit and eggs on her plate. Daniel, in the meantime, had moved to lean against a sapling near the tent, watching the small group quietly.

"Like a log, mum!" Cieara replied as she poured a glass of fruit juice. "I nae even remember any dreams, so I must really have been out of it." Belatedly emerald-green eyes moved to the quiet Sorcha, who had remained seated, almost as though trying to disappear. "Good morning, Sorcha! So, what do ye think about being out in the wilds?"

With a pause coming as the young woman popped a piece of melon into her mouth, the brown-haired assassin nodded to her. "Good morning to ye, Cieara." And when that intense gaze did not leave her she sighed silently and continued. "It is a bit different than I be used to, but nae anything I cannot acclimate to."

"Good! I was worried my grump of a brother might keep ye awake with his snoring!" Giggling softly as she picked up a piece of toast Cieara shot Daniel a sly glance, as he shifted in his lean, his own look promising later revenge.

"Nae, Cieara, I slept soundly, once I went to bed." Sorcha offered a tight smile, fully aware that Cieara was using her as a prod against her brother, though her expression betrayed nothing of the annoyance she may have felt. She also glanced toward Daniel, certain her cheeks were coloring again as flits of the previous nights dreams resurfaced. While her emotional guards were well enough in place to keep control, Cieara did catch a flash of emotions coming from her brother, eliciting another soft giggle from the young redhead.

"Ahh, I see someone's getting randy early!"

"I am not."

"Are too!"

Cieara continued to eat during the silent exchange, sugar not melting with that sweet smile she gave him. Sorcha, glancing between the two, gave a soft sigh. "Do ye two always do that?" Her words caught their attention, and two stares now went to her. "Ye know that can be damned annoying at times, knowing ye are talking yet leaving others out."

"Sorry, sometimes I just forget that others can nae mindspeak." Cieara took a sip of juice, looking to Sorcha as she set the glass down. She started to continue, but a soft touch from Fiona on her shoulder gave her pause.

"Sorcha, 'tis a fact the children use the link to talk freely. After all, it be a part of our nature." She deliberately used the plural form to include them all, reminding Sorcha of her buried half, though the young woman could well have done without the reminder. "Ye learned the basics yesterday, and perhaps ye should practice some with Daniel and Cieara. They are, after all, family, and would nae bring harm or ill to ye deliberately." Though she was speaking to Sorcha, Fiona's gaze was on her son, for she had also felt the brief surge in his aura earlier, even more so than Cieara, being both elder and parent. She was proud of his control, reigning in the demon so quickly.

"This I know, Fiona, yet it be something I am nae comfortable with." Sorcha unconsciously fiddled with the silver bracelet on her wrist as she spoke, the subtle movements catching Daniel's eye from his vantage point, and the brief glance became an outright stare, his hand moving to the ebony manacle around his own right wrist.

"I know, Sorcha, which is why ye will nae be pushed about it." Another subtle command, this time to the inquisitive Cieara, who was listening intently while she ate her breakfast, and who nodded quickly to Fiona's words. "Ye will come to accept in your own time. And we will be here to help ye, should ye wish it."

"We'll be happy to help ye Sorcha, won't we Daniel?" Cieara cut her eyes to her brother again, and the look he gave her brought a soft laugh from Fiona, and even Sorcha smiled a bit.

"Sure we will, Cie." Daniel replied, glancing toward the quiet woman and her bracelet again. Fiona watched the byplay between the three, quietly assessing the situation. Daniel and Cieara were going to see just how much they were going to be able to get away with, and Sorcha was one that they may well underestimate. It would make for an interesting time in the weeks to come. As the banter continued, moving into the area of combat, with which Sorcha was much more comfortable talking about, Fiona looked at each closer.

Daniel had indeed leaned up, his body developing the hard lines of a seasoned soldier. His hair, worn long ever since his early teens, now hung nearly to the bottom of his shoulder blades, loose to the wind this morning. He held an air of expectant energy about him now, and Fiona could see the resemblance with the young man who had become her soul-mate.

Cieara, to Fiona's eyes, nearly glowed in the morning light. Even with yesterday's near-tragedy the young woman brimmed with energy, her dark-side soaking in at a prodigious rate. And while she was blossoming into a woman, the tell-tale was in her smoldering emerald-green eyes, she will still very young by the standards of Fiona's people. When she had been a little girl Lucius had one day predicted she would be "a heart-breaker and life-taker." Watching her now, Fiona had to agree.

Sorcha was going to have her hands full with the pair of them, but Fiona felt certain she would be able to handle it better then most others. The young woman had a serious demeanor and a determined posture that hinted that she was simply not used to failure. In the process Sorcha would also learn more about her own nature and perhaps come to understand herself.

The following days and weeks would prove to be most intriguing, Fiona thought with a shadow of a smile touching rose pale lips.

And it's telling me
Go forward and walk
Under a brighter sky
Euphoria by Delirium
Lucius DeAuster
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
10557.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona felt Lucius’s approach before her husband arrived at the table, and looked up at him as he stood behind her. “Ye seem out of sorts, love.” She said quietly after Cieara had made a hearty good morning and hugged her father.

“Our position here is no longer tenable.” he replied with a soft growl, reaching down for a piece of pan-fried ham. Taking a bite, he shook his head, sending hair whipping around his shoulders. “With two of the passes now closed, and the third undoubtedly trapped, we’re going to have to pull back and come along the front from a different approach.”

“Then we're just ceding this part of the border to Torvien?” Daniel interjected, stepping away from the tree upon which he had been leaning. Fiona was about to shush him when Sorcha stepped in, standing up and sidling over beside the young man and distracting him for a few seconds, enough time for Lucius to swallow his food.

“There is no easy way forward at this point Daniel, unless you wish to travel into the swamps to reach the westernmost marches.”

“Eww, gross!” Cieara blurted from where she sat beside Fiona, a look of distaste distorting her features. “You're on your own, big brother. I will nae be going into a smelly swamp!”

“Aye, and I nae have any wish to either.” Sorcha chimed in, though her features were more neutral. Lucius studied her for a moment, and felt nothing more from her than the vaguest of emotions. That one is bound down harder than you were when we first reunited, my love.

Soft laughter flowed through the link, and he felt the touch of her mind, a soft brushing that always let him know she was with him. Aye, love. She be afraid of losing control. A byproduct of her youth, I’m afraid.

“Indeed.” He growled softly, unaware he had spoken aloud. The young people took it as though he was agreeing with Sorcha, and Daniel’s eyes narrowed slightly as he frowned. “Daniel, now is not the time.” Lucius desperately wanted to avoid an argument with his son, specially in light of the previous day and the morning's news. “We will demonstrate here while Terrak works his way north and see if this situation can be salvaged.”

“And in the meantime, all of ye are needed at home.” Fiona spoke up, rising with the soft hiss of midnight-black leathers. “Not only do ye need to train with Sorcha, but ye have a birthday coming, Daniel.”

At the mention of the coming birthday Cieara fairly beamed, almost hopping in her seat with excitement. “That’s right! And I know you're going to like my present Danny!” She looked up and behind to Lucius, who smiled softly, the quiet chuckle escaping him now. Daniel groaned softly as he leaned back against the tree again.

“And given circumstances, it may well be time to gather our allies, and let them be aware that the war goes well for us.” He caught the glance from Fiona, and knew she had understood. He was also thankful of the deflection of topic.

“You’re talking about another party, aren’t you?” Daniel just groaned again, as he usually tried to avoid the stuffy affairs that were a regular feature among the ruling nobility. Since his father had claimed the throne of Mercivya that was becoming harder by the week.

“At least your birthday celebration will be at Gharnholme and not Antetion Halls. Be thankful.” At Lucius’s affirming nod Cieara stood up, beaming.

“Wonderful! Kaely, De and I shall go shopping together for some new dresses!” Sharp emerald-green eyes found the silent Sorcha, who had faded back to stand beside Fiona. “Sorcha, you're going to need something new also!” The young assassin tried to protest, but Cieara didn’t give her a chance. “Oh yes! I know just the place too! Right in Brairstone also, so we nae need to travel far from the keep!” Sorcha shared a glance with Daniel, each reading in the others eyes that they were rapidly being left behind in the dust by the rapidly-planning Cieara. All Fiona and Lucius did was stand back, watch and share a silent, mental laugh, his mood lightened somewhat for a moment in this time with his family.

"I am the storm"

-Anon
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> WestEnd -> Gharnholme All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: