Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Out of the Motley and in the mundanes ((OOC))
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> Motley Moxie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Performer
Can Be Found: Rhydin
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Out of the Motley and in the mundanes ((OOC)) Reply with quote

There have been many generous players who allowed me to take my little crazy teen (?) into their folders and threads. I will be listing those various threads in this OOC later for anyone interested. I have been very fortunate in writing partners, and I want to make sure they get the credit they deserve. Lirssa would not have grown or become a dynamic character without them.

This OOC is to update on anything that was required to be vapored or directions on where Lirssa (or members of her motley crew) have made appearances.
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not extensive list of places Lirssa has shown up and caused mayhem, but a start:

The ever lovely Miss Lydia Loran who makes Lirssa's motley:
Splitting Seams

Alain DeMuer, Solange DeClerc, Johnny Smith, Glenn Woodwright and crew help Lirssa build a home for street orphans:
The Unlikely Messenger
A house into a home

Katarina Smith and the ballet troupe:
A Letter to the Ballet Troupe
The Nutcracker
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orphan Train

Just a small story, but it was of interest because of the children on the Orphan Train came from living on the streets of a big city.
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to so many players who have taken interest in the kids of High Spires House.

I'll try to keep a list of storylines happening outside this folder. Here is one of the current ones:
Moment of meeting

"Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against." - David Niven
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another story line. One of the kids, Caitir, does not yet have a picture. Hopefully one will come up in the next week or so.

No boundary line

"Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against." - David Niven
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Seamus's player for the story. Life is in the details, so I appreciate the player's time in helping show those details of High Spires House and sharing with us the Seamus character.

On another matter, I was thinking of doing a choose your own adventure style story with Lirssa. As soon as I think of how to work it, I'll make another post.

Johnny Smith
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Silversmith, Jeweler

63788.48 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely rapt by A Further End in View. Great stuff!
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A coinciding thread to Lirssa's current predicament! Thanks to the wonderful folks up in Expressions of Hope! Little Bit of Worry

Luna Eva
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Doctor
Can Be Found: Market District
44398.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Further end in view" is just phenomenal. The young people you write are so vibrant and authentic, it's a joy to read about them, even when they're up to their ears in mischief.

The last line of the most recent post really knocks my socks off. Great work!
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Miss Eva-mun! ::big hugs::

I hope the further adventures won't disappoint; however, I'm going to be honest with you, me and muse have been having a tussle and she's kicking my, as Lirssa would put it, biddlyrumpus.

Unlike most folk though, I don't just hang out until she's in a better mood. I go ahead and write. That means sometimes you all get not what you deserve when it comes to the writing, but you get something. I am so pleased that there are those who enjoy the often silly, sometimes serious, events that go on in this folder.

Speaking of silly, I've come up with how I'm going to run the "choose your own adventure" story. It may or may not involve Lirssa, but likely the High Spire House kids and the adults around them. Does this mean it will be a closed SL? Nope. Once I get it started, if you're interested in bringing your character, or another character, in the mix, just PM me.

Here's how it is going to work: Every Sunday morning starting June 28, I'm going to post part of the SL. At the end of some of these will be choices and a corresponding survey that will run until Friday of that week. The choice most voted for will direct the next post the following Sunday. That is the plan - in theory - so we'll see if it works.

Back to Lirssa now...thanks!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeline thing:
Lirssa faces Fitzhugh again today, Monday, June 15th in the mundane world. I may not get around to writing that moment, however, until late tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again to the Smith crew who faced an almost deranged young lady with grace and dignity if a bit of stubbornness.

Thanks also to the players of Jolyon and Lucky, and others who I know I'm forgetting to name, for bringing Lirssa's plight into Live RP when she was not able to do so without defeating the purpose.

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Preparation for the Choose Your Own Adventure, or more technically, vote directed storyline, here are the basic guidelines to following along and participation.

1. Each post title will have CYOA at the beginning as well as a number so those who come across this later can read in order. (i.e. CYOA 1: Along the edge)

2. The post will have a survey attached for readers to vote on the choice as listed at the end of each post. Voting will continue until the Friday following that Sunday. (i.e. the June 28th post can be voted on until July 3, midnight CST). Any votes beyond that will not count.

3. While I will not be tracking who votes or who uses multiple SNs to vote multiple times, let's go with the honor system and do try to vote once.

4. The post based on the most popular choice will be presented the following Sunday after the Friday. No, I do not have those following posts planned out ahead of time. It will be entirely influence by the outcome of the vote and if any who have wanted to participate.

5. If you want to participate, please do! All I need is a PM saying you want to participate, and we'll get you in there. Also, I can be found on AIM with the SN of Lirssa. Note of warning: this is not an alternate reality. The populace has influence on the storyline. Be prepared for any direction it might take.

6. This will continue until a) no one is voting anymore, b) it comes to a logical conclusion, or c) October 2009. Yes, there is an absolute end of this CYOA experiment. Characters have lives and need to get on with them.

I hope that covers it. If there are any questions, please PM me, so I can address them and update these guidelines post to make things more clear.

Updated guidelines found below as of July 5, 2009

Last edited by Lirssa Sarengrave on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is the first posting of the CYOA, and it is starting pretty simple as I and hopefully voters, readers, and those curious about participating, get a feel for the style.

The first installment will be CYOA 1: Dawn's Dilemma

Thanks in advance!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to move this story along, and so I don't run into writer's block as I have this morning (or hopefully to stem the possibility) the CYOA will have two posts a week. The voting will work accordingly:

Sunday post - vote until Tuesday Midnight board time.
Wednesday post - vote until Friday Midnight board time.

Some choices will be small and some will be big. Hopefully the more frequent postings will help with variety. Sunday posts are most likely to be in the AM while Wednesday posts are likely to be PM. I know this doesn't exactly make the time to vote equal, but these are when I am most likely going to be able to make the posts.

The end of the CYOA has been moved up to the end of August.

Thanks!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies to any who voted on CYOA 2 before 1:30 PM CST on Sunday July 5. I had forgotten to set a time period and when I went in to edit, it may have deleted your vote. I didn't even think to check if anyone had already voted. Sorry.

I believe I have it set to no longer accept votes at the proper day (Tuesday midnight). If you feel that your vote has not been counted, please feel free to use an alternate ID or PM me your vote.

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points:

1. It seems you all want Lirssa to go get her friends to help, but no one has volunteered to be that friend, so going with NPCs.

2. The post for July 19th is likely to be late.

Last but not least, thanks to those reading and especially to those voting! It's been an interesting challenge with you all making the choices for Lirssa. Lots of fun!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest CYOA news. Working out my bizarro schedule with Locke's player :: many waves of thanks to Locke's player:: means there will not be a post for Wednesday, July 22. However, there will be a post in the late evening hours of Sunday, July 26.

Thanks!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so later evening hours than I anticipated. The first portion owes many debts of gratitude to Locke's player for taking the time to Live RP.

Locke DVestavio
The Ice Elf
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Tailor
Can Be Found: New Haven, RhyDin City
40893.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me tag along! I look forward to seeing where things go next. Smile
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, having a tie stumped me, so no post for Wednesday. Sorry. My grand experiment seems to have "gang aft agley." Thanks to all who read, participated, and voted. Sunday evening will have the next post, which will likely be the grand conclusion to this foray.

Thanks again!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Lucky's player for the RP which produced the scene that can be found here: Ergo

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to help with time line awareness, the last posts of Doing Right the Wrong Way, and the post of Two Steps Back, One Step Forward happened in mun time period of Sept 1-2.

Thanks!

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypothermic Lullabye was only possible by the generous time and exceptional talent of Ali al Amat, Kyrie Elision, and Fio Helston. I am very grateful to them for such a wonderful night of Live RP.
Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since more of Lirssa's acrobatics, or what she is trying to learn, is becoming a point of contention, I'm going to share some links to Cirque du Soliel performances here that are the inspiration of her abilities or what she is trying to learn.

By the way, if you have never seen a Cirque du Soliel show, it is really a fabulous performance of music, art, and athletic talent.

Abilities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzFKoTxbETo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz8pzts1bwM
Edited to add more extensive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5gOmpevdU&NR=1

Learning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrBT7gpaVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLx2-7tQKM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdqqssM3TW8&feature=related

Lirssa Sarengrave
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
39022.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Kyrie Elision's player for sharing her character, her talent, and her time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> Motley Moxie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: