Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

DESTINY BECKONS: The Flame Wavers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Herbalist, Priestess
Can Be Found: Heart Notes Parfumerie, or the Red Dragon Inn.
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: DESTINY BECKONS: The Flame Wavers Reply with quote

Written upon the first page of Elessaria's new journal...

~So this is who I am,
And this is all I know,
And I must choose to live,
For all that I can give,
The spark that makes the power grow

And I will stand for my dream if I can,
Symbol of my faith in who I am,
But you are my only,
And I must follow on the road that lies ahead,
And I won't let my heart control my head,
But you are my only
And we don't say goodbye,
And I know what I've got to be

Immortality
I make my journey through eternity
I keep the memory of you and me inside

Fulfill your destiny,
Is there within the child,
My storm will never end,
My fate is on the wind,
The king of hearts, the joker's wild,
But we don't say goodbye,
I'll make them all remember me

Cos I have found a dream that must come true,
Every ounce of me must see it though,
But you are my only
I'm sorry I don't have a role for love to play,
Hand over my heart I'll find my way,
I will make them give to me

Immortality
There is a vision and a fire in me
I keep the memory of you and me, inside
And we don't say goodbye
We don't say goodbye
With all my love for you
And what else we may do
We don't say, goodbye ~

-----
Immortality - Written by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb
Never easy, but we try...~
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 06 June 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Upstairs Apartment above ~Heart Notes~
Saturday, the 6th of June (2009); Late evening.

I am so confused these days. My pilgrimage to Evandar brought back memories that I wish remained blocked. I am soulbound to someone I am supposed to love, but he is not the Keeper of my Heart nor is he a part of my life. From the snippets of memories that are returning, I gather that the memory blocks and my return to RhyDin was to keep me safe from those who serve the Dark. They hunt him and therefore me.

How did I this happen? I was so young - even for an elf. My homeland, family... all destroyed because of me. I fell in love...too young and gave away my soul. All of this happened when I was too young to fully understand my heart. People in RhyDin believe me to be older than I am... I am only 138 years old... perhaps for a human that is old...

The sick headaches are brutal with the return of these painful memories. I spent most of my days working and my nights as well. I avoid my friends for I do not wish for them to worry.

I think I need to see Tass. I think he's the only one powerful enough to help me without killing me or him.

I cannot go on like this... I cannot fulfill my destiny bound like this.

I do not even know how much is actual truth and how much are thoughts, games, spells of the Dark.

I must find Tass... at the very least he can make the sick headaches better.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 07 June 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Private Apartments above ~Heart Notes~
Sunday, the 7th of June (2009); Early evening.

I am very thankful the parfumerie is closed both today and tomorrow. I can only hope Tass is fully recovered from breaking the soulbind. It was powerful, intricate work that was amazing to follow as I watched him work inside of me. I do not feel unwell, just off balance. In fact, I feel almost physically lighter, but it's really more at a magical and emotional level. I am sure such a change would affect anyone, but being empathic I am a bit more sensitive to such a powerful emotional change.

While I feel better physically, I am wary of using my gifts yet until I fully regain my center. It was very poignant last night to watch Kacey and Davarin get betrothed - a new stage in the joining of hearts - and the ending of my soulbound.

Poor Mason and Connar could only bear witness without truly understanding the depth and complexity of what was going on. I was hoping to spare my non-mage friends this experience; but, part of me was glad to have them there as well.

I will be forever grateful to Tass (and Kitty) for giving me my freedom so that I can follow my destiny... where ever it may take me.

And now I need to make sure the dragon hatchlings haven't gone into too much mischief whilst I have been busy writing.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 10 June 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Upstairs Apartment above ~Heart Notes~
Wednesday, the 10th of June (2009); Late evening

For the first time in ages I believe I know how it feels to be non-mage-gifted. It is as if I am viewing the world and those around me through distorted glass. I am frustrated because of my inability to use my gifts right now. Last night Veighn and Lucien tangled and I could only flee to the relative safety of the porch.

I feel blind. I must trust people at their word when I ask about them.

I feel lost.

I will regain my center.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 17 July 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
The Ruins of Ashby Manor
Friday, the 17th of July (2009); Late Afternoon

I closed Heart Notes a little early, so I could enjoy a little fresh air. I have been so immersed in my work, that I have not had a chance to spend much time outdoors which I greatly miss.

I miss my friends especially much. I believe I have finally regained my center after the breaking of the soulbind. My friends do not fully comprehend that not only is it difficult for me to be around crowds when my empathic shields are so thin; but, it can be dangerous for others to be around me if I am not fully in control of my gifts. An emotional blow can be just as deadly as a physical strike.

I often wonder how Connar fares. The last couple of times I spoke with him, he appeared to have found somewhat of a balance again - yet I know very well he is not always how he presents himself. I think, or I hope, that our separation has made it a bit easier for him to maintain his own balance since he does not have to be torn between two worlds. I know I am not worthy for him to suffer so. For anyone to suffer so.

Rena is our steady strength. I would be lost without her. I need to check on Eva and Mason- I worry about his health. Piper is busy fulfilling her own destiny. We feel her absence strongly.

I set up a garden in the small courtyard behind the building that houses Heart Notes since I received word that one of those foreign princes' gifts has arrived at the docks - much to the chagrin of some of the dockworkers who have had to deal with an angry bird. The peacock should be quite happy with his new residence. I hope.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 22 July 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Courtyard Garden behind Heart Notes
Wednesday, the 22nd of July (2009); Lunch break

I found a couple of books on ancient elven lore in my books that I hope may help me find some answers to assist Eva and Mason. The pages are pretty fragile and faded, and the dialect is rare and deceased. However, I believe I can read them well enough once I get used to it reading it again.

I feel stronger in spite of the weariness from using my gifts so much lately. It has been similar to that pleasant feel one gets after finishing a strenuous, but satisfying physical workout. That has been one reason I have been using my magic in this garden. Usually I tend not to wish to "waste" it; but, I feel like the mana flows through me more fluidly and I can manipulate it more easily the more I have been "practicing".

I was able to treat Connar to a magically ripened peach. I was pleased that he enjoyed it despite his wariness to most things magical. He did, however, insist on sharing it with me. I believe it was delicious, but not quite as much as if it had ripened naturally. That man equally delights me and frustrates me! Now I cannot enter a room without being self-conscious of how I move. At least we determined a stronger exclamation than Morveux - Connar! With Mason as a close second!

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 01 August 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Upstairs Apartment above Heart Notes Parfumerie
Saturday, the 1st of August (2009); Late Evening.

I have finally caught up with my custom orders and have settled everything in order to close the parfumerie whilst I am at Yransea with Rena, Jolyon, Sylvia and her family. It will be a mad dash to catch up to her ship upon the high seas, but as Rena has recommended - I do really need to get away from RhyDin for awhile.

I do admit, however, to being a bit wary of leaving Eva and Mason behind after their last encounter with Her minion. I will worry very much about them, but then again I could do little to protect them even when I was in town. It is very frustrating.

Good thing the leather travel bags Tyntigal gave me so many years ago are magical, for I packed a variety of clothes since I was unsure what would be appropriate there. I fear that they might share Connar's opinion of its resemblance to sleepwear and would not wish to cause Sylvia any embarrassment.

Hopefully I will see Seeker tonight to ask her to check on the peacock during my absence. There is plenty of food for that proud bird and I'm certain he can fend for himself amidst the young plants if necessary. I have named him King John for all of his pride and arrogance.

Ali did a brilliant job at translating the flowery missive from the prince who gifted me the bird. I still do not understand men and their fascination for harems. Then again I cannot fathom multiple partners of any sort. It is too contrary to how I was raised.

I look forward to celebrating amongst friends.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 03 September 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
The Workroom at the rear of Heart Notes Parfumerie
Thursday, the 3rd of September (2009); Late Evening.

The visit to Yransea was even lovelier than I had expected. Its lands and people both charming and welcoming to the visitors Sylvia had brought with her to celebrate High Summer. I spent much of my time exploring the beautiful gardens surrounding her manse and spirited some native blossoms back to RhyDin with me to make some bath oils and milk and soap to thank her for her generous hospitality.

I have been busy with the influx of flowers and am working hard to extract the essences I will need after the weather cools and winter sets in.

As much as I enjoyed the mini vacation with friends, there is a piercing loneliness that echoes inside of me -- even when I am surrounded by my friends.

There is also something stirring my senses and it seems to stem from Evandar. I know not what it is... yet.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 08 September 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Garden Courtyard Behind Heart Notes
Tuesday, the 8th of September (2009); Early Evening

~'Cause nobody wants to be the last one there
And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
There's gotta be somebody for me, oh

Nobody wants to be the last one there
And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
~

My heart is breaking; not for me, but for Rena. She guards her feelings so carefully - even from her closest friends. Not that I blame her because of all the times she's been hurt in the past. I had joked with her long ago about the two of us forming a support group for women who have been abandoned.

I'm not sure what to do except to give her all the love and support I can. She has been a rock for me and I plan on doing the same for her. The fact that her hurt involves mutual friend makes it a bit more "dicey", yet look at Eva and Piper. I would not permit them to continue to go at each other's throats for too long.

Speaking of Eva, I've not seen her nor Mason since my return from Yransea. I wish I could help more with Mason's "illness", but his antipathy towards healers is quite understandable. Still, I study some old tomes in search of some clues in hopes of finding a solution.

In the meantime, I simply try to survive one day at a time.

~E

---
((Lyrics from Nickelback's Gotta Be Somebody))

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 14 September 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Upstairs Apartment at Heart Notes Parfumerie
Monday, the 14th of September (2009); Late evening.

Mason did not look well at all despite his enthusiastic cheering for Rena when she successfully defended her Barony. I am going to have to talk to him. I have respected his privacy for as long as I could, but he is the closest I have ever had to having a brother that I cannot bear to see him nor Eva suffer.

There is some sort of nonsense in RhyDin about a Proposition Thirty-seven, or I think that is what is called. Some group is rallying against magic-users and the situation seems to be worsening rapidly. Some of my friends are in danger and a few seem to have been hurt - I am furious! Although, I would enjoy seeing the supporters try their hand on Veighn.

I had a few moments where my heart and my burdens were lightened by a rare visit with Connar. How he always manages to give me a glimpse of peace and happiness is a wonder to me. As always, the time shared passed much too quickly.

I keep feeling a sharp pull towards Evandar. Something is amiss and it wears on me due to my ties to the land. I am trying to gather my strength, so I can investigate... soon.

~E

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 30 September 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
At the Ruins of Asheby Manor
Wednesday, the 30th of September (2009); Early evening.

~On ne change pas
On met juste les costumes d'autres sur soi
On ne change pas
Une veste ne cache qu'un peu de ce qu'on voit
On ne grandit pas
On pousse un peu, tout juste
le temps d'un rêve, d'un songe
Et les toucher du doigt

Mais on n'oublie pas
L'enfant qui reste, presque nu
les instants d'innocence
Quand on ne savait pas

On ne change pas
On attrape des airs et des poses de combat
On ne change pas
On se donne le change, on croit
que l'on fait des choix
Mais si tu grattes là
Tout près de l'apparence tremble
un petit qui nous ressemble
On sait bien qu'il est là
On l'entend parfois
Sa rengaine insolente
qui s'entête et qui répète
Oh ne me quitte pas

On n'oublie jamais
On a toujours un geste
qui trahit qui l'on est
Un prince, un valet
Sous la couronne un regard
une arrogance, un trait
D'un prince ou d'un valet
Je sais tellement ça
J'ai copié des images
et des rêves que j'avais
Tous ces milliers de rêves
Mais si près de moi
Une petite fille maigre
marche à Charlemagne, inquiète
Et me parle tout bas

On ne change pas, on met juste
les costumes d'autres et voilà
On ne change pas, on ne cache
qu'un instant de soi

Une petite fille
Ingrate et solitaire marche
et rêve dans les neiges
en oubliant le froid

Si je la maquille
Elle disparaît un peu,
le temps de me regarder faire
Et se moquer de moi

Une petite fille
Une toute petite fille~

((On Ne Change Pas - C. Dion))

Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 01 November 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
The Ruins of Asheby Manor
Sunday, the first of November (2009); Early Evening.

These last few days are significant to many humans - All Souls' Day, All Saints' Day and All Hallows' Eve. So, I guess it was rather fitting that the Blood Rains returned this morning. At least I believe it was this morning. The last thing I recall was working late, trying to develop a fragrance for that prince who sent King John. It was near noon when I roused myself from the floor by the workbench with blood drenching my silks and soaking my hair.

It took me several hours to scrub all traces of the event from the workroom and then a lengthy soak in my tub to wash the vestiges of the attack from me. The only thing remaining is a lingering sick headache and a very jangled set of nerves.

So, here I am. Writing amidst the rubble of once was my permanent residence here in RhyDin. A place filled with hopes, promises and dreams... all destroyed. I lost both a husband and an unborn child here. Why am I even considering building another home?

Why here? Why RhyDin?

First Evandar was destroyed, then Asheby... dare I try to establish roots again?

I keep to myself to keep my loved ones from harm, but the solitude is weighing more heavily on me with each passing day.

I do not wish to be alone forever.

Yet, what does the return of these crimson rains foretell?

~E

~Time, is going by, so much faster than I,
And I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you.
Now I'm, wondering why, I've kept this bottled inside,
So I'm starting to regret not telling all of this to you.
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know...~

------

((Lyrics from Nickelback's Never Gonna Be Alone))
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 02 November 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Courtyard Gardens behind ~Heart Notes~
Monday, the 2nd of November (2009); Early afternoon.

The days are growing steadily shorter and I sit here trying to soak up the warmth that only sunlight or an embrace can provide. I dread night fall... the shadows... the darkness... the loneliness.

The worst of the after effects of the Blood Rains' return have faded -- at least the physical ones.

What is it about RhyDin that draws me inexorably as if I were a moth drawn to a flame? How many times must my own wings get singed before I learn whatever lessons are to be learned here?

How do I know if this is where I should make a stand? How many lives will be lost if I do?

This is how the Darkness succeeds: I am adrift without a compass and nothing upon which I can anchor.

I watch as life continues on in RhyDin. It ebbs and flows to a rhythm known only to itself. I feel as if I am on the outside, looking in. The water of life that I cup in my trembling hands simply slips through my fingers... as elusive as ever.

Do I dare attend the Governor's Ball this weekend? Should I hope to be swept up in the festivities and forget momentarily the weights that burden me or should I stay home and attempt to find some sort of grounding? Or will my attendance only increase the feeling of solitude that plagues me?

~E

~I remember what you wore on the first day
You came into my life
And I thought hey
You know this could be something
‘Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I’m left with nothing

So maybe it’s true, that I can’t live without you
Well maybe two is better than one
There’s so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you’ve already got me coming undone
And I’m thinking two, is better than one

I remember every look upon your face,
The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste
You make it hard for breathing
‘Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everythings okay
And finally now, we’re leaving~

-----

((Lyrics from Two Is Better Than One - Boys Like Girls, Featuring Taylor Swift))
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 03 November 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
The Workroom at ~Heart Notes~
Tuesday, the 3rd of November (2009); Mid-afternoon.

Just when I thought the gods and goddesses were deaf to my pleas, I received a precious gift - Connar's safe return and a warm embrace that helped to chase away the looming shadows. There was no way I could hide the return of the Blood Rains from him. He can read me more easily than any book. He managed to coax a smile and genuine laughter as he tends to do, as well as give me much needed encouragement to face the travails ahead.

But what if he is wrong? I may be stronger now; yet, am I strong enough? Will I truly prevail?

I doubt I am strong enough nor skilled enough to defeat whoever is behind this devious torture. Some days I rage in my frustration for I wish to eliminate this unknown... to stop these magical games... On another day, or even in another short moment, I simply wish to survive...

~E

~My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing~

------

((Lyrics from All Around Me by Flyleaf))
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
106243.34 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: The Flame Wavers: 08 November 09 Reply with quote

RhyDin
Upstairs Apartment above ~Heart Notes Parfumerie~
Sunday, the 8th of November (2009); Late Afternoon

Once again Connar and I were blessed to spend some quiet time together, sharing that ever-elusive "peace". He knows me so well that at times it surprises me and almost scares; but, more importantly it strikes a chord deep within. To know that somebody cares enough about me to understand me without words, without having to explain the details... that is truly a gift for this empath.

~E

~How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Wake me up
(Wake me up inside)
I can't wake up
(Wake me up inside)
Save me
(Call my name and save me from the dark)

Wake me up
(Bid my blood to run)
I can't wake up
(Before I come undone)
Save me
(Save me from the nothing I've become)~

-----
((Lyrics from Bring Me To Life - Evanescence))
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: