Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

The OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Governor's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Town Drunk, Performer
Can Be Found: Rhy'Din City
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go. I don't know everything. Those were just the ones I knew of and remembered from a quick glance at the forums themselves. Razz
Amaltea
Chief Trouble Maker
RDI Admin
RDI Admin

See this user's pet
Jobs: Chief Trouble Maker

210568.32 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I wanted to say that I love all this new activity and I hope that it keeps on growing. I also like the minister idea. In no way my statement regarding the folder had anything to do with what is going on here.

Keep it up guys. Smile
PrlUnicorn
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Midwife, Herbalist
Can Be Found: Navarra Farms, Duchy of Navarra
16082.54 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BardGallant wrote:

I can name two Super Folders already that have been removed from these forums due to lack of interest and activity. There's the RhyDin Museum Complex that has been catacombed. I can see it. I'm pretty sure everybody else can too, but there it sits in the Catacombs category of these forums, unused since last April of 2009. The other Super Folder was Kairee's Splendiferous. I think that one's just hidden and not catacombed, but I don't see it anymore.

I think much of Splendiferous was absorbed into the Rhydin Public Library. It hasn't been posted in an about a year. I think it would be sad to lose such a resource, but honestly, that's a subject better addressed in another venue.
Trystan
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Mercenary
Can Be Found: Here
2795.96 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Museum complex was Catacombed at the request of the player. If I remember correctly, the Lead Mod for that set was so bogged down with RL issues she had to cut back on Play time.

But, it is a good point, as the Catacombs are full of folders where people had lost time, interest or even players...

(Oh, I haven't stopped doing the photo-shoot. Rough week last week with my great aunt, sister to my grandfather passing away. But I'm going to do a push this week.

Already done is Riley and Silver. I won't start posting the actual images until I have one for Dris approved, I want to start the spread with the Governor.)

"Acheron; when it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight" - Fury
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Bullet Catcher
Can Be Found: 1407 Grayskull Lane, New Haven District, Rhy'Din City
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: The Avengers Initiative Reply with quote

Hey guys,

This is just an OOC post to the Letter that was posted HERE.

The Avengers Initiative is, for lack of a better word, a Super Hero group of Rhy'Din's Heroes and Heroines. Hopefully the Governor will approve it *Evil Eye!* and I can get a playable posted so we can start having people volunteer to join.

Here's just a few things:

1. It's open to everyone! No, there really isn't a screening process, thats just for fun, we just want some mature players looking to have fun and be involved. New characters, older ones, whatever! Smile

2. We need involvement! Smile I'm not asking everyone to sell of their kids or get divorced to be a part, but I just want people to join who can be active, want to take parts in Story Lines and enjoy being part of a group dynamic.

3. It's classified! Razz So lets not have anyone have unauthorized knowledge of what's going on. Let's have fun with it and let it be all mysterious for a while.

4. I have no intentions of infringing on anyone elses Storylines, unless people want to join in on the fun. Basically, there's been a lot of talk about Laws recently, and The Avengers aren't going to run through a bagillion threads and start hammering out the baddies. You may receive a PM or an OOC-Thread post (if ya have one) if we want to play with you, or you can certainly do the same if you want to collaborate.

5. There will be a playable put out once it's "approved" so everyone can join in. This is just like a precursor to actual recruiting.
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media Reaction Hijinx!

This thread is open to everybody, but not necessarily the sort of thing that should include information that Rhy'Din at large would be privy to knowing. I wanted to include something a little fun, light-hearted and silly to the whole seriousness of government. That thought was hugged tightly by how often I giggle every time I read an article in The Post regarding anything related to Dris and his newly formed government.

So the idea is... Dris does read the newspaper. I thought it'd be amusing to provide some insight into what he thinks about the things he reads. By saying this thread is open, I mean that all of the Ministers and anyone else involved in the Government "expansion" storyline is free to add to it with their own character's insight into such things if such inspiration strikes you as it does me.

Enjoy!
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an OOC post for the post located HERE and the playable located HERE.

These letters are basically mailed to anyone that is interested, hence why I just put ((Insert Characters name here)). This is open to everyone to join, so if you want in, you can play off of the fact that your character was one of the lucky few to receive the letter. Smile

As I said before, we're not really doing the "screening process". Basically, if your character is interested please copy, fill out and paste your characters' replies in "The Initiative" thread. All information is considered secret, so no one outside the Avengers would have any exterior knowledge of what is going on.

If you want your characters Identity to be "Secret" then please list such in the resume, otherwise identities will be considered public. Try to list your powers, be in depth if you'd like but don't feel obligated to, and add in any notes you see fit.

We're really interested in having people join in on the fun, and I think this could lead to some really cool global storylines and playables. If you have any questions, feel free to reply here or PM me. Also, be sure to check the first OOC Post HERE.
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, we had a grand old meeting tonight in the inn and things went great! I'm really excited with everyone that is involved so far.

I told a few of the members to report to Wolvie's office "tomorrow at 9am". Of course, this isn't the real time. I wanted to give everyone a few days to join, especially since the weekend is coming up, and there may be people that haven't replied yet and are wanting to.

By no means is membership closing, in fact I think it should remain open indefinitely. But once we get the initial members down pat we'll close out of the "recruiting phase" and just move into operations.

So, expect a post either Sunday or Monday about meeting in the Ministry of Defense office and we'll just go from there.

Also I'm working on The Avengers Wiki, which has the Charter and some other important information. Click the link to follow.
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, really cool update. I had some inventory items made up to give to members of the Avengers. So, mostly everyone whose applied has gotten one, save for the latest two applicants (Cloven Hoof and Vextirias) as Wolvie has yet to meet with them personally; and Mihaela whose assumed the role of specialized consultant.

So everyone check your inventory, and if you have an Official Avengers Insignia you're in like flynn. Smile If you have one of these in your inventory by Monday, then you will be able to participate in the next storyline. which will be the meeting in the Ministry of Defense office. So be on the lookout for that!

Lastly, depending on how active everything is, I may request the Avengers to have their own sub forum, so not to clutter the Governor's office too much, but we'll see how that goes.

Again, I appreciate everyone's interest in the Storyline and I think we have the potential for some great Roleplay!!

-Wolvie's player
Koyliak
The Legislator
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Tailor, Cook
Can Be Found: The Heavenly Boutique
12628.66 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Sorry I haven't been able to post much - playing into the government in the chat has been easier to do for the last few days but hope to fix that soon! - I was just wondering though is the forming of the Avengers common knowledge to the other ministers now if they're not applying for spots? Also who else would know about them?
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The Avengers initiative is common knowledge to the other ministers, since Dris approved it, but it's formation is secret to everyone whose *not* involved.
In the Rough
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: where a jewel may shine
1519.20 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some OOC notes for the SL thread 'The Diamond Files.'

This is an open SL thread so come on come all to interact with Diamond in your own little way or fancy.

The storyline if anything is just a unique way for each character to give insight on their backgrounds, their lives, their thoughts and so on and so forth... more so for Diamond to get a better understanding of each and every one of them for the 'files' she keeps for Wolvinator.

The files of course and their contents will be classified. The contents only to the knowledge of Esme, Wolvinator, and of course those who the files are for.

There is one of two ways that such can be obtained- One way is to have the character thinking/dreaming/ what have you in which Esme would be pretty much just 'along for the ride' or in not so nice terms...a voyeur.

The other option is to have your character personally interact with Esme on the dream landscape where she would be welcomed in their mind and thus sharing an experience with them.

If the latter is of interest to you, send me a PM so we can arrange something along the lines of her being in their head and having that experience shared with them... or if you would prefer actual roleplay interaction or what have you. Just so there isn't any worry of toes being stepped on.

I ramble I know so I'll stop here. If you have any questions just ask! Thanks and enjoy the thread!
In the Rough
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: where a jewel may shine
1519.20 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an afterthought for the Diamond Files please be advised that your character does not have to be willing or open to the interactions with Esme.

She's not going to invade their minds or do anything like that... but how you wish the SL to run for your char in the thread is entirely up to you.

If anything this is all just a different way to have a bit of 'getting to know you.'

Have fun and do with it as you please
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public Murder Scandal!

This storyline is open, but involvement is limited to within specific parameters.

I want you tall to treat this thread like a novel. Each post made by each individual is something the reader should consider privileged OOC information. Not everything you read is something all characters are going to be aware of.

Please no play-by-posts. Those annoy me. I want those of you who reply to the thread to think of it like writing a short story addition for your character and yours alone. If you want to write something that involves someone else's character, such as having Dris and Neo interact, which is likely to happen, I'm going to ask that you get together with the other player(s) and collaborate on a single bit of writing and decide which of you is going to post the complete "chapter" for inclusion into the thread.

That said, anyone and everyone is free to post to the thread. Certainly more characters than solely Governor Driscol read The RhyDin Post, and rumors may be spreading about this incident already. Especially for those characters who happened to be present and accounted for the night that the event in question actually went down.

Sooo... If you get inspired and want to add to the Novel to Be, have at it! Let's make this side-SL as amazing as we possibly can!
Yejix Zabiru
The Punkass Mage
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Blacksmith
Can Be Found: Anywhere
4476.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-stands around in "Seeking Employment" and waits for someone to at least tell Yejix to go away-
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Round 2 portion of the Avengers Assemble Thread, I'm basically trying to work around the timeline, since we have some late applicants.

I figured that we could have people show up around 10am to start the second round of introductions, with the other Avengers present, to just get everyone all introduced and on their way. Smile Sorry if it's a bit confusing but I want to have the entire team in one place for the beginning of this whole thing.
Leuni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, City Guard
Can Be Found: RhyDin
20480.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolvinator, please check you PM
Vextirias
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Jobs: Jeweler, Tutor
Can Be Found: Arcadia, Rhy'Din
186.20 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delayed posting in the Assemble thread, IRL is being crazy busy, I hope to have a post up her towards the end of the week or sooner.
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am going to try and clear up some confusion.

I am trying to keep the timeline linear for the Avengers Assemble thread. We've had a lot of applicants, but not everyone applied at the same time. My goal is to meet all of the applicants in an IC and OOC fashion, and touch base with everyone before they can post in the Assemble thread.

Once I've met with you, you'll get an Avengers Inventory item, which can be doubled as a "badge" if you want to play it that way, but more than anything it's to signal to everyone OOC that you're in the group.

Anyone who has already applied, and hasn't met with me, still has their application "pending", so you guys are fine. However, I'm asking that no one else apply because the group has gotten rather large, very quickly. I've been away the past few days, so I'm sorry it took some time for me to get back to anyone on this.

And lastly, yes it was open to everyone, however because I am assembling everything I do reserve the right to actually filter applicants out if necessary.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
The Bonecrusher
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Cook
4556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolvinator wrote:
I am trying to keep the timeline linear for the Avengers Assemble thread. We've had a lot of applicants, but not everyone applied at the same time. My goal is to meet all of the applicants in an IC and OOC fashion, and touch base with everyone before they can post in the Assemble thread.

That is a different prospective on linear.... I would have considered them (turning in the application vs arriving at the meeting) to be two different linear events. They aRe two different events. But I can role with it. It would be like Dorag to be a little late.

Still... I would hate to hold up the other players or likewise, be left behind just because you and I haven't gotten together in a live chat room, which is what I suspect is what you really want. I don't even have a clue when a good time is to catch you in a chat room, or if a PM would be acceptable. I haven't even received a PM from you regarding this.

As far as I'm concerned, we've already met in an IC and OOC fashion, both of which are on this board.

So.... if that's good enough, Can I post in the meeting now?

If it 's not good enough, then help me remedy that situation. I would hate to be left behind or even cause others to wait just because you and I can't seem to get it together here. When's a good time to meet with you?
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bonecrusher wrote:

That is a different prospective on linear.... I would have considered them (turning in the application vs arriving at the meeting) to be two different linear events. They aRe two different events. But I can role with it. It would be like Dorag to be a little late.

You're right, the letter and the meeting are two different events. What I was talking about was the meeting. The way it was played out was that Vinny was the last person to speak, and that was the end. So, as with RP, I had to put a spin on things to keep them going smoothly. That's why I stated the second round of applicants would arrive at 10am.

The Bonecrusher wrote:
Still... I would hate to hold up the other players or likewise, be left behind just because you and I haven't gotten together in a live chat room, which is what I suspect is what you really want.

You are correct on the last part, however no one is being held up. This thread is really just an introduction thread to sort of get everyone together. No one is being held up or left behind because it's happening on the boards.

The Bonecrusher wrote:
I don't even have a clue when a good time is to catch you in a chat room, or if a PM would be acceptable. I haven't even received a PM from you regarding this.

I've siad before that a PM is more than acceptable. I haven't been around in a few days so I haven't touched base with others yet either. I was enjoying a nice, long, Holiday weekend. Smile

The Bonecrusher wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, we've already met in an IC and OOC fashion, both of which are on this board.

So.... if that's good enough, Can I post in the meeting now?

Like I stated I want to meet with you IC and OOC. Most of the time, I am available from 4pm - 12:30am est during the weekdays and Saturday.
The Bonecrusher
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
4556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good! I'll be back around 9:30 or thereabouts... see you in a couple of hours.

..........or not. You were gone when I got back. Well, I can see this is going to take a while.
The Bonecrusher
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
4556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got him!

And that's how you catch a Wolvinator.... pretend your there, then pretend you leave...... and then wait until he shows back up so you can pounce him! Laughing

Tadda!

::bows::
Leuni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, City Guard
20480.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I wonder how well that'll work for Leun... Cool
I think she's next in line. And from the looks of it, probably the last one. Isn't the best suppose to go last? Laughing
Riley ORourke
Etoile de la Danse
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Apartment in West End
9765.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick little update concerning the Watch playable and SL -

I've had five responses, so we've got all four nights covered, plus a swing guy to cover if someone can't show up. A giant thank you to One Lucky Spider, Neo Eternity, DavidLo, Taj Kohli, and Yejix Zabru.

I'm working on inventory items for you all - a little badge 'cos we need steenking badges. And I'd like for you guys to think about uniforms - what colours, what style, stuff like that. Also, would you like to be called Constables or Officers? And finally, I'd like to see if there's a night that all six of us can meet for some "training" and stuff like that.

Now, some further thoughts I've had. Looking at the Unofficial Map of Rhydin, it appears that the place is nicely segregated into existing precincts. So for the purposes of this SL, starting from the northeast corner and working in a westerly manner, Precinct One is where the RDI is located. Precinct Two is where the Marketplace and the Courthouse are located. Precinct Three is across the river to the southeast and includes the Museum, Temple to the Gods and the Library. Precinct Four is where the Orphanage is. And Precinct Five is made up of WestEnd and the Docks. The players whose characters answered my playable request are all stationed in Precinct One, because the Inn is part of their beat. If other people would like to join the Watch, you will be assigned another Precinct and a specific beat, too.

Anyway, let's keep doing what we're doing! I've been having a blast and would really like to thank everyone who's played into the SL so far.
Is it living or just existence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Governor's Office All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: