Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

The OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Governor's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yejix Zabiru
The Punkass Mage
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Blacksmith
Can Be Found: Anywhere
4476.46 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of being called a Constable makes me giggle, so let's go with that.

Also, a uniform idea i had is somewhat similar to what Yejix already wears on a habitual basis. Matching cargo pants and vest with mythril pauldrons on the vest, kevlar weave in both garments treated to be fireproof and acidproof with rank pips on the right side of the collar. standard military boots, a standard grendelhide belt with silver buckle that has a cuff pouch, ammo clip pouch and standard sidearm, as well as a sheathe for a sword (just in case). All uniforms would be jinxed to resist most low-level magickal attacks.

I can have Yejix fund all this and even do the designing and weapons issuing: he -does- have a massive surplus he needs to put to use. PM me with what you think we should be outfitted with standardly and i'll see if he has it in stock.
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Town Drunk, Performer
Can Be Found: Rhy'Din City
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yejix Zabiru wrote:

I think I have to agree with Yejix on this. Completely.
Riley ORourke
Etoile de la Danse
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Apartment in West End
9765.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with both of you. Constable is what I'm used to - it's what we call our beat cops back home, after all - and it does indeed produce giggles. So, Constable it is.

Also, another thing I've been thinking about: how many of you have read Terry Pratchett's Disc World series? If not, YOU MUST! I'd suggest starting with "Guards! Guards!" because you will see some of that material again. Smile
Is it living or just existence?
One Lucky Spider
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Ale Tester
Can Be Found: RDI nooks and cranies
1567.54 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BardGallant wrote:

I'll second this. Constable sounds more formal and feeds rather nicely into Lucky taking things too formal. It's his first time after all, can't blame the big guy for being nervous.

Whatever uniform we agree on, Lucky's isn't complete without a Barney Fife hat. It's also less painful than pinning it to his fur.
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RileyORourke wrote:
Also, another thing I've been thinking about: how many of you have read Terry Pratchett's Disc World series? If not, YOU MUST! I'd suggest starting with "Guards! Guards!" because you will see some of that material again. Smile

I've been collecting them, and Guards! Guards! is in my stack of next to read. As soon as I'm done reading the book I'm reading now, I'll pick that one up so that I can get myself educated. Wink
PrlUnicorn
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Midwife, Herbalist
Can Be Found: Navarra Farms, Duchy of Navarra
16082.54 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BardGallant wrote:
Yejix Zabiru wrote:

Trivia Time!
CoP = Constable of Police.
Riley ORourke
Etoile de la Danse
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
9765.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Inventory Items! Everyone signed up so far with the Precinct One Watch House should have a nifty, sparkly badge in their inventories. If you haven't received it, lemme know ASAP!

I'm looking at sometime next week to do our first training session - possibly Thursday after Neo's shift is over. If this won't work for you guys, give me a time that will and we'll see what we can do.

And finally, as David and Riley found out last night, sometimes it's better for the Watch to have a partner, so ideally, I'd like to have two Watch...er...people? on each shift. If you currently play a Watch member or if you've always wanted to, please let me know and sign up for a shift. You'll have my undying gratitude, respect and a nifty, sparkly badge of your own! How can you pass that up? Wink
Wolvinator
Alys Admiral
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Bullet Catcher
Can Be Found: 1407 Grayskull Lane, New Haven District, Rhy'Din City
92768.47 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an effort to not further clutter up The Governor's Office folder, I plan on moving the "Avengers Assemble!" thread and the "Diamond Files" to a new forum so that it can be moderated by the Avengers and managed there. "The Initiative" thread will remain in the Governor's office folder, as it should. Smile

I figured that the OOC boards and the regular sub-forum could get very cluttered with Avengers stuff, and I want to avoid that. I'll give it a few days for anyone to object before I make a formal request. So far, I plan on having Wolvie and Diamond as admins. If anyone else wants to jump in as a mod, please send me a PM.
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the Avengers SL has received such a large following, I approve of this idea. And maybe... If things work out well and the admins do decide to give The Government its own super folder in the future, your Avengers folder can be added to the collection. You've done an amazing job setting up this branch of the government, Wolvie! And all of you involved in the SL are amazing. I'm glad we've provided something that a large number of people can sink their role-playing teeth into and enjoy! Very Happy
One Lucky Spider
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Ale Tester
Can Be Found: RDI nooks and cranies
1567.54 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we still figuring on having that training session tonight?
Riley ORourke
Etoile de la Danse
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
9765.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. We will be discussing your kits and uh...other stuff, right after Neo's shift is done at 11 Eastern. See y'all then!
Leuni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, City Guard
Can Be Found: RhyDin
20480.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI...

The Force is something that can be researched if anyone needs to know more about it. It's a Star Wars thing, for those without a clue --- okay really someone might be clueless, you never know. Razz

Anyway. Or you can ask me and I'll try to explain it for those that don't quite get how to play with it. I know it can be confusing, but please do ask if you don't understand anything. I'd be glad to try and explain.

For example: The Force does not trickle into anything. It does not Taste anyone's powers. The Force is already in and a part of Everything from one degree to the next. Being Force sensitive allows you to see the Force and to manipulate or guide it to various uses depending on training depth.

And when Leun is using it to sense her surroundings, that doesn't mean she's trying to automatically bust into anyone's thoughts. It just means she's using to see everything around her, all the obsticles and what people are doing, without using her eyes or having to be in direct line of sight. She can feel emotions coming off of others, unless it's stated in the play that they are shielded. She can also pick up surface thoughts if the Force flows that way, or the thoughts are broadcast that loud. One could say that the Force has a will of its own sometimes. Which means, it's whatever I want to do with it. So if your character puts thoughts out there and you don't state a shield over them, Leun could possibly pick them up without even really trying.

Hope that helps. If not, PM me and we'll deal with it there.
LadyAjaBird
Hummingbird
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Ale Tester, Village Idiot
Can Be Found: Arcadia on the Western Border of RhyDin
32125.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leuni wrote:
Just an FYI...

The Force is something that can be researched if anyone needs to know more about it. It's a Star Wars thing, for those without a clue --- okay really someone might be clueless, you never know. Razz

Anyway. Or you can ask me and I'll try to explain it for those that don't quite get how to play with it. I know it can be confusing, but please do ask if you don't understand anything. I'd be glad to try and explain.

For example: The Force does not trickle into anything. It does not Taste anyone's powers. The Force is already in and a part of Everything from one degree to the next. Being Force sensitive allows you to see the Force and to manipulate or guide it to various uses depending on training depth.

And when Leun is using it to sense her surroundings, that doesn't mean she's trying to automatically bust into anyone's thoughts. It just means she's using to see everything around her, all the obsticles and what people are doing, without using her eyes or having to be in direct line of sight. She can feel emotions coming off of others, unless it's stated in the play that they are shielded. She can also pick up surface thoughts if the Force flows that way, or the thoughts are broadcast that loud. One could say that the Force has a will of its own sometimes. Which means, it's whatever I want to do with it. So if your character puts thoughts out there and you don't state a shield over them, Leun could possibly pick them up without even really trying.

Hope that helps. If not, PM me and we'll deal with it there.

While it's fabulous that you play it that way, other people could have a different interpretation of "The Force" and how it is used. Also remember that some people will not recognize or play into your particular vision of the Force and what can and can't be done with it.

I understand being irritated over details of a story you love so much, and wanting every little detail just so but this (RhyDin) being a place where you can do or be anything, you just have to adjust to some people doing whatever they want with the Force, and other things.
Just the way it goes.

Good luck to ya!
Leuni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20480.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyAjaBird wrote:
While it's fabulous that you play it that way, other people could have a different interpretation of "The Force" and how it is used. Also remember that some people will not recognize or play into your particular vision of the Force and what can and can't be done with it.

I understand being irritated over details of a story you love so much, and wanting every little detail just so but this (RhyDin) being a place where you can do or be anything, you just have to adjust to some people doing whatever they want with the Force, and other things.
Just the way it goes.

Good luck to ya!

First, I never said I was irritated. Second, people are entitled to their opinion and I'm fully aware that people have different views and ways of playing in RhyDin and I do try to respect that for their characters ... which was the reason of the post, to explain a little of mine and open the door to other means of discussion so as not to clutter the board. FYI, this ain't my first rodeo. If they don't want to respect the way I play it for my character, then that would be showing how rude they are. I don't know about anyone else, but I get no enjoyment out of playing with rude people.
Brian Ravenlock
The Patriarch
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Political Activist, City Guard
Can Be Found: Rhy'Din City / Ravenlock Compound / Valley of Harborage
19118.96 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I want to thank Leuni, for posting what she did with the heads up, and more so commend her for it. It can be hard playing a charrie with canon, at times. She has provided not only a geniune explanation of her abilities, but also an 'out' for anyone who does not wish to play in regards to those abilities.

The 'Force' to Jedi and Sith, and more so, those who are force sensitive, is indeed a part of everything, and can be manipulated by them, as well.
Now there are also 'outs' to anything and everything, so if you have a charrie and you do not want them to be effected by the Force, so be it. And no issue. Just talk with her, and I am sure all will be handed in a good manner, and play can resume.

She had already made ready to adjust to the whims and wishes of other players, who may not want to play 'force' related issues, by asking them to PM her.

So all is well.

I do not believe Aja was trying to be rude by any means, as well. More so, she was offering a realistic feel of how some players may come across in dealing with things.

The name of the game is options, and Leuni has offered that to anyone ahead of time, and that is the best way to deal with things, all around.

Thanks again.
Sylus Kurgen
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Blacksmith
Can Be Found: Rhydin and the DimmaUlfur
13869.48 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one carries the exact same definition when it comes to ambiguous entities like "The Force" or "Magick". So results will vary.

Leun offered how she plays out her interpretation, Aja's player acknowledged that and issued not every player will take it that way. Of course when you're playing something canon, it coems with its own set of problems if two uber-fans get their schwartz twisted.
PrlUnicorn
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Midwife, Herbalist
Can Be Found: Navarra Farms, Duchy of Navarra
16082.54 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylus Kurgen wrote:
No one carries the exact same definition when it comes to ambiguous entities like "The Force" or "Magick". So results will vary.

Leun offered how she plays out her interpretation, Aja's player acknowledged that and issued not every player will take it that way. Of course when you're playing something canon, it coems with its own set of problems if two uber-fans get their schwartz twisted.

Once someone takes a character that's developed from an established story/world, canon, if you will, they are no longer really playing within that canon. They are playing their interpretation of it. Otherwise, every Jedi that falls in love, marries, etc. is doomed to Vader's fate. Harry Potter will never marry Hermione Granger and so on.
Leuni
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20480.70 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylus Kurgen wrote:
Of course when you're playing something canon, it coems with its own set of problems if two uber-fans get their schwartz twisted.

::giggles:: Depends which way the schwartz gets twisted. Sorry, couldn't resist. Laughing

Yeah, I've had some conversations, both good and bad, with other uber fans and for the most part we've had some wonderful times smoothing out the wrinkles of our different views and ways of using what was once cannon material ... One in particular I really miss a lot right now. One of the few I've had the pleasure of playing with who never made the ironing a chore. It was always, always a pleasure. When I grow up, I wanna be just like that someday. Cool

Anyway, I've always said that where there is a will to work things out, there's a way to make it work although rarely is it ever accomplished without some give and take on all sides.

And thanks, Brian, for your post. You really put it awesomely.

Last edited by Leuni on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Bonecrusher
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Cook
4556.52 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing That was wierd. I posted in the meeting and went to edit it and couldn't find it until I backtracked with the back button and found that it moved!! Too funny...

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=441
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bonecrusher wrote:
Laughing That was wierd. I posted in the meeting and went to edit it and couldn't find it until I backtracked with the back button and found that it moved!! Too funny...

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=441

Yessir. Looks like Wolvie got his folder approved. Anything for the Avengers Initiative can now be found and posted here: The Avengers: Rhy'Din's Mightiest Heroes!

You guys are amazing! What'll we come up with next? Very Happy
Gavril Kovacs
Wyrmling
Wyrmling

See this user's pet
Jobs: Mercenary, Bullet Catcher

0.00 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey. just to let ya know. i posted something in the playables about icesong about the watch. i should have asked pemisson. sorry
LadyAjaBird
Hummingbird
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Ale Tester, Village Idiot
Can Be Found: Arcadia on the Western Border of RhyDin
32125.24 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Ravenlock wrote:

I do not believe Aja was trying to be rude by any means, as well. More so, she was offering a realistic feel of how some players may come across in dealing with things.

The name of the game is options, and Leuni has offered that to anyone ahead of time, and that is the best way to deal with things, all around.

Thanks again.

Thank you, Brian. No. I wasn't trying to be rude in anyway. I apologize if it was taken that way.

It's good to give people a heads up about your character's particular talents, especially if they will affect game play.
Thanks.
Cheers!
BardGallant
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
20006.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavril Kovacs wrote:
hey. just to let ya know. i posted something in the playables about icesong about the watch. i should have asked pemisson. sorry

Permission isn't at all necessary. Though the people involved in the Government SL right now are heavily incorporating the Watch into their stories and role-play, these people are not the creators of the idea of the Watch and therefore do not own it as intellectual property. The Watch itself was in play long before the Ministries started using it themselves and putting a bigger emphasis on them. So it's nothing to worry yourself about.

The only part of the Watch that "we" have ownership over are our own characters who are involved with the Watch. If you were to have referenced one of these individual characters (Neo, Riley, Jin, etcetera) without first asking, then it would be something to contest. Otherwise it's fair game, so enjoy!
Ehzoterik
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Village Idiot
Can Be Found: Limbo
5927.26 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can use this thread:

Letters to the Ministry of Citizen Resources

C'mon. Ehz can't be the only concerned citizen of Rhy'Din!
"The point is you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later." -- Ford Prefect. Life, the Universe, and Everything
Riley ORourke
Etoile de la Danse
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
9765.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehz + Brian = WIN!

Thanks for the laugh. I am very much looking forward to seeing those litter boxes implemented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> RhyDin Town Center -> The Governor's Office All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: