Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

*The Merry, Mischief Making Misfits Clan*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Cartographer, Gardener
Can Be Found: Rhydin for now
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Tis all a'Float Reply with quote

As Rena and Piper sat in the Inn, enjoying a mug of coffee in relative peace and quiet, they came upon a grand idea! Piper quickly scribbled up a note to be plastered upon the bulletin board for all to consider:

To: All ye Misfits

We demand a float be made by the MMMM to be entered into the Grand Parade for Carnivale. Any and all suggestions for a design MUST be made by Wednesday at Midnight, 'cause we have nae much time left to build the darn thing.

Sincerely,
The Slacker would be passin’ the buck Secretary Piper

The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to our Captain being absent, the float adventure has been canceled.
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Herbalist, Priestess
Can Be Found: Heart Notes Parfumerie, or the Red Dragon Inn.
108295.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A delivery boy, with a package from the stationary store, knocked on the door of MMMM HQ. Seeing the crazy sign, the tow-headed lad didn't wait for a response and left the box leaning against the door frame.

Upon opening the box, the MMMM membership ID cards previously ordered by their Captain, would be found-- each with his/her own name.
Never easy, but we try...~
Connar Valdor
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: Renaissance Earth
14329.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: MMMM or WWWW? Reply with quote

An open letter to the Clan:

After a long absence from the realm I returned to find quite a few missives jammed into the box holding my correspondence at the inn. Most of the letters were for or about some newly formed group written under an MMMM insignia...or is it WWWW? From my reading of the first few letters of complaints to the Captain, I feared that the group was comprised mostly of Weird, Woefully Wacky Whiners. As the Clan Elder, I feel it probably falls upon me to tell ye kids to "shut up and sit down or I'll turn this chariot around!"

In defense of the WWWW-ers, after reading the latter-most letters, it does appear the the whining and complaining did subside a tad. Well done.

My your spirits ever be full of mischief and a twinkle be ever present in your eyes.

Warmest of regards,

Connar Valdor
Defender of Fellow Male Clan Members; Clan Eye Candy; Clan Elder
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon spying the missive from the old dude, Piper was scoffing aloud and muttering under her breath about how eye candy should be seen and not heard! (Or read in this case) "Weird, Woefully Wacky Whiners, indeed! "

Sitting down at her desk, well…her desk shared with Storm, Rena, Eless, etc. etc, etc……she quickly sketched out a picture of the female version of their Mascot…then pinned it up on the board over Connar’s memo…

Satisfied with the mornings work...she merrily set out to make some more mischief elsewhere.

Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Sword for Hire, Court Jester
Can Be Found: Where it pleases, of course. Me. Not you!
182.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the day a stash of women's clothing had been put into the closet of the misfit room. A small bag containing undergarments held a note written out to read, "Misfit Trinala's Clothes." Hopefully the note would keep others from snooping, but if not... it was an assortment of girlie garments in various shades and hues. The clothing that hung up consisted of a few pants, shirts, tops and sweaters. Left there for the purpose of clothing for Trinala to use if she wanted to grow 'Big.' Her current pixie-sized dressed not magic'ed to grow with her.
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
108295.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eless managed to drag herself from the chore of redoing her suite where she had removed almost all her furniture, linens and window treatments-- even her bed was dispatched and sent with the other items to various charities. Only treasured gifts and items to which she held an emotional attachment were kept.

The Misfit Captain perused MMMM HQ's with ambivalence. There was a stack of paperwork cluttering the shared desk. Notes and pictures tacked up on the walls. She was extremely tired already; her captivity within the veils having weakened the diminutive elf in a multitude of ways. She grabbed her color pen and went to work on editing the membership list before retiring to her private suite with a stack of GossipGangstars held in her tiny hand.
Connar Valdor
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
14329.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: The sweet scent of frescia Reply with quote

It was late...it seemed his passages through town were always late at night...the moon struggled to send its light to the quiet streets below. Connar ducked into the MMMM HQ and noted in an instant a familiar aura about the place, an aura that had long since been missing. The Captain's desk had been visited recently, and by the Captain herself, no doubt. He pulled a tiny bouquet of pressed spring flowers from inside his tunic and set them upon her desk.

On his way out the door, a note and drawing pinned to the bulletin board by Piper brought a smirk to lips, which was soon replaced by a broad smile as he bounded out the door and into the stillness of night once more.
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Go Fly A Kite! Reply with quote

Misfit what knows how to pass-the-buck Piper snuck into the Inn in the middle of the day (unheard of!) and raced up the stairs to tact the message upon the official bulletin board for all Mind-Boggling Munificent Misfit Mutterings and other really important stuff.

Go Fly a Kite!

It’s National Kite Month (Yes, it really is!) So some of us more dedicated Merry Mischief Making Misfits gathered at Teas’N Tomes to discuss the events and have decided to host our own competition!

More details to follow, but basically…ya gotta build yer own really Fanciful, Fantastic, Fabulous Kite!! Then we’re going to fly ‘em! In The Glen.

(We shall set a date for this in the future. In the meantime, everyone (not just the Misfits) is invited to join in and post a picture of your very own Kite! Good Luck….and oh yeah, Go Fly a Kite!!)
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Cartographer, City Guard
Can Be Found: On Assignment - Classified
125998.10 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of me and my kite.

This happens to be taken in the same place that Piper's picture was taken. I'm the tall guy in the back on the left. These large Japanese kites are nearly 8 feet square and the "kite string" that you use is really 1/4" - 3/8" diameter rope (laying on the ground). On a windy day it takes several full-grown adults to keep it under control. We're all celebrating a successful flight - i.e. the kite is still in one piece. My wife is the shorter one in front.
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: When hunger overrides wisdom Reply with quote

Scribbled upon a clay smudged piece of parchment and tacked to the MMMM board beneath the Platypus picture was the following letter to the Captain:

To our most Enlightened Despot:

From Her who knows how to pass the Buck:

Last evenin’ we were in the market square when there was a sudden shattering of glass and the whole Omeletes O’Plenty place was suddenly open for business! -- Baker did it, not me! And Eva was with me, so she can back this up! Anyway, we were hungry and what with Misfit Cor’s place right there and all, we decided to visit, cause that huge plate glass window was gone…somehow.

Anyhow- we need to induct Miss Eva into the fold so she doesn’t go tellin’ everyone about our secret handshake. Cor told her about that. It wasn’t me! Plus she would be forever obliged to be counted amongst our numbers. Just like Cor, who is still totally beholden to us for letting him in and teaching him that secret handshake what no one knows about, on account of it being so hushed hushed and secret. Another boon, she knows how to slice potatoes up really nice like.

Sincerely,
Your hard working (here she paused to try and recall exactly what her role was within the clan) person that makes pottery and such.

P.S. Now we need a secret handshake.
P.S.S. Misfits get a 10 percent discount at Cor’s place.
P.S.S.S I made that up, but it sounds good, right?
Rena A Cronin
Arch Witch
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Schoolteacher, Candle Maker
Can Be Found: House she owns in RhyDin, Treehouse in Arcadia
29850.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Captain if the band of the 4M squad had vacated the rooms for a while, Rena had been having a couple of boxes sent to the the place the call a headquarters. Looking around the room, she declared to the walls that another location was needed is the membership keeps increasing the way it has been of late. Anyway, Rena went to work on the boxes and after flinging them across the room to get them out of the way, against one was a floor to ceiling wall unit-to hold the items they already had and to place the ever incoming stuff that found its way into the room.

Last edited by Rena A Cronin on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
108295.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Crossposted from Hoodwinked, so that the Misfits can join in at leisure. I'm imagining there are several letters left at MMMM HQ for whoever wishes to participate.))

Elessaria squeezed her way past the boxes that were piled up around the tiny room that was the MMMM Headquarters. When she found her way to the desk they shared, she found a letter addressed to her. The petite elf swiped Rena's pen and used it to pry open the seal, a soft chuckle escaping as she read the note within.

"A mystery admirer, " she whispered to the Platypus. "After the Ball the other night, I wonder who it could be?" She made a mental note of the time and location, wondering what one wears to something like this.
Maranya Valkonan
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Doctor, Herbalist
Can Be Found: A palazzo about thirty miles from the outskirts of Rhydin
20413.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest addition to the Merry, Mischief Making Misfits Clan crept into the Clan Headquarters, not on little cat's paws, but on stealthy size ten black riding booted feet. Hazel eyes sparkled with mischief behind gold wireframed glasses lenses as, one by one, palm sized brown paper sacks, each marked with a particular Misfit's name in fine calligraphic script and green ink, were withdrawn from a particular black wool trenchcoat pocket, and left on the Benevolent Dictator's desk, along with a note in the same fine handwriting on cream colored origami paper.

Dear Benevolent Dictator,

Clan Caffeine addict, eh? Well, then! Here are presents sure to bestow that particular glow on all the other Misfits. I hope they are enjoyed by you and the other Clan members, as much as I do.

Sincerely,

Lab Rat

The Good Doctor slipped away once again, having left behind in her wake a quarter pound of coffee beans, covered in seventy percent cacao chocolate, for each Misfit clan member from her personal stock.
Connar Valdor
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
14329.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Anya's Gift...Pick your Poison Reply with quote

Connar had stopped by the Misfit office while dropping off a gift for Storm and Ewan when he noticed a small bundle with his name on it from Maranya. He opened the small package and looked inside, instantly smelling a rich chocolate aroma along with something else rich and heavy. He pulled a few of the beans out, thinking these must be like the truffles Eless and Anya feast on and plopped them in his mouth.

Indeed, the first taste was chocolate, not quite as sweet as the morcel he had tasted from Eless, but sweet none the less. But as he continued to chew, the flavor turned quite heavy, bitter. He made an adolescent "ick" face and swallowed it down. The candy was nearly as bitter, if not more so, than the medicine Eva had him eat several night's past. The taste lingered on his tongue and teeth...awful...It was far too late or early in the year for this to be an April Fools gift...but, then again, the Doctor did have a different way about her since touching the moon.

He would ask her about it later, but for now, he placed the remaining portion of the bundle on Piper's desk...maybe she could benefit from an extra helping.
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Calling for a Meeting of the Founders Reply with quote

Piper didn't mess around with niceties or formalities. She simply posted the note

As one of the founding members of this group of horribly misguided misfits, I am calling an emergency meeting of the founders. I know it is late notice, but I would like this to be held on the morrow at 12 bells by the central bell tower in the Teas n' Tomes.

If you cannot attend, I would suggest an absentee vote be allowed for those who have other pressing matters other than that which I deem important.

Sincerely,
Piper
Connar Valdor
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
14329.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Calling for a Meeting of the Founders Reply with quote

As one of the founding members of this group of horribly misguided misfits, I am calling an emergency meeting of the founders. I know it is late notice, but I would like this to be held on the morrow at 12 bells by the central bell tower in the Teas n' Tomes.

If you cannot attend, I would suggest an absentee vote be allowed for those who have other pressing matters other than that which I deem important.

Sincerely,
Piper

Connar held Piper's notice in his hand, reading over the missive now for the fifth time. He wasn't always the best at paying attention to the minor details of being a misfit, but he was at a complete loss as to how to respond, for he knew not when twelve bells might ring...other than at noon and again at midnight...nor did he have any idea of the matter for which he was to cast an absentee vote. So he guessed:

Dear Piper and fellow misfits,

I've no notion what pressing matter might require our gathering nor need our votes - since this has never been a democracy - tis surprising that a vote would be called for. I have always made my position quite clear, but for those who need reminding, I shall state it again below:

Eless looks fetching in any color, be it pink, blue, leopard print, what have ye...but I favor a particular pink number and a couple of blue dresses, though I be not picky.

If Eless' choice in evening wear is not the matter at had, I pray ye tell me what it is that needs rectifying.

Forever your servant and Elder at arms,

Connar

The note was fashioned next to Piper's on the Misfit bulletin board.
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
108295.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Calling for a Meeting of the Founders Reply with quote

Piper wrote:
Piper didn't mess around with niceties or formalities. She simply posted the note

Sincerely,
Piper

The Misfit Captain dragged herself from bed -- it was rare that she was ever "sick" as in a human- type sick-- and checked in at MMMM HQs. With a sigh of disappointment for having missed the meeting, she grabbed her bright blue pen and posted a note:

Misfit Piper & Fellow Founding Misfits,

I apologize for missing the emergency meeting. Please fill me in as soon as thou art able to do so. Blame it on on impromptu drunken Misfit Sledding Adventure.

Thy Benevolent Dictator,
~Captain "Dress for Winter?" Eless

XXOOXX
P.S. If Panther wants to know what happened to all the trays, we do nay know what happened.

Then she pinned up the note next to the other two before heading to nag the printers for the ID cards.
Maranya Valkonan
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Doctor, Herbalist
Can Be Found: A palazzo about thirty miles from the outskirts of Rhydin
20413.36 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maranya entered Misfit headquarters early on Christmas morning, not by the chimney, but by the front door. A mischief laden smile curved her lips as she removed her gifts for the membership one by one from the red sack that was slung over her shoulder.

She neatly arranged the red and white plush Christmas stockings, which bore both holly designs and the names of each Misfit in gold thread worked in intricate needlepoint stitches on the white cuff, on the Captain's desk. Then she left a note, written in green ink in her fine calligraphic handwriting on cream colored origami paper, with the gifts.

Merry Christmas!

I hope you will all enjoy these little gifts of the season.

Sincerely,

Lab Rat

The Good Doctor slipped away once again, having left behind in each stocking ornately made white chocolate snowmen and milk and dark chocolate Santas, purchased over the holiday season from Mira.
Elessaria
Lady Fire of Evandar
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
108295.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a weary and wistful sigh, Eless finished her part of the paperwork regarding The Clan's Caffeine Addict's probation. The empath hated airing their "dirty laundry" in public in front of the other patrons in the Inn last night; however, Anya had every right to know the reasons behind her change in status. The difficult part done, she dashed off a quick memo to the Clan's Secretary.

To: Misfit Piper, Secretary and Head Slacker
Re: Misfit Anya's Probationary Status

Please gather up thy notes from thy discussions concerning the above. We need a formal list of the incidents and reasons that led us to placing Anya on probation. Please write them up, then post them on our bulletin board when thou hast finished.

Thank thee,

~Misfit "The Original Benevolent Dictator" Eless

When she was done with the memo, Eless placed it on top of Piper's ever growing stack of "To Do's". She then grabbed one of the platypus statues and set it on top of the huge pile of paperwork, ensuring the papers didn't scatter anymore than they already had.
Connar Valdor
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
14329.50 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: A misfit message Reply with quote

Connar moved through the MMMM headquarters. The room looked as though it had been unvisited it weeks or months. The captain's desk was strewn with letters, notes, and a pile of the local gossip papers.

He moved to the bulletin board, a smile turning his lips as he re-read older postings and notices. Finding a open space, he pinned a small piece of ancient parchment.

- - - - - - -

Dear friends,

I pray this message finds ye all well and safe. It has been far too long since we have enjoyed one another's company and mirth - something for which we will have to make amends.

I have seen a glimpse of what may lie ahead for me. My world and duties there oft extract a toll, one that I do not fear to pay, though the price it now extracts includes keeping me longer away from all of ye.

Please keep a watchful eye on our dear Captain. She is the guardian of my heart and to her will I always return. Ye hold a place therein as well.

May God watch over ye and kept ye safe and warm.

Always your servant,

Connar Valdor

- - - - - -
Piper
The Mad Misfit Potter
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
30396.60 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elessaria wrote:

To: Misfit Piper, Secretary and Head Slacker
Re: Misfit Anya's Probationary Status

Please gather up thy notes from thy discussions concerning the above. We need a formal list of the incidents and reasons that led us to placing Anya on probation. Please write them up, then post them on our bulletin board when thou hast finished.

Thank thee,

~Misfit "The Original Benevolent Dictator" Eless

Wandering, as she was apt to do, the MMMM headquarters would be one of many spots to choose for said loitering. Reading the top request among the many, she couldn't help but laugh, "That .....female is still a Misfit? Oh, let me count the ways..." first and foremost the sin of unoriginality when stealing an idea.

She paused a beat...Then scribbled out a note...."Disgracing my father, failure to help another misfit, acting in a unbecoming manner as befits a misfit...ultra bad taste, vulgar, insulting, rude, uncouth, socially unacceptable, liar, cheat, rude, Ohh, I already mentioned that.......Hmm...Let me consult my memory banks once more. I have been away so long."

With that she signed her name with a flourish and headed out.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> From Evandar to RhyDin All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: