Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Dreams - Unconscious Revelations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Dark Winter's Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Herbalist, Reporter
Can Be Found: The Annex, or her Manor
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Whispered Temptation in the Night - Continued Reply with quote

His whisper in her ear was plaintive, which was a little surprising. “How long will you stay?”

“Until I wake... which I hope is not for a long, long while.” She murmured into his neck.

“I can make it an eternity in here...” He whispered softly, pausing for a brief moment before continuing in that sweet seductive voice. “Would you tell them?”

Wyheree thought, and nodded – whispering softly. “It would be best – otherwise... the Others who care for me, might seek to cause you harm - and I will not see you harmed.”

He considered this a moment. “You could - hide me.”

“But… would that not be hiding a piece of myself?” She countered.

He gave voice to her hidden thoughts – hidden questions she had not voiced. “Are you prepared for them to know this so soon?”

She thought for a long moment, her hand soft in his hair as she gazed at him. “I cannot hide you forever… but perhaps, the Others do not need to know right now.”

He answered by burying his face against the plunging valley of her chest – making her gasp in sheer delight, as he murmured against her pale skin. “I will ... trust your judgment then.” After nuzzling for a long while, he looked at her – a thoughtful look on his face. “Tell me, why did you choose this form for me?”

She blushed palest pink, lowering her gaze. “It is a long-buried wish – one I thought long forgotten, to know this form.”

He smiled at that – a roguish gleam in his eyes, before his expression softened. “I felt strange conflicts within you with the other I used.”

Her blush deepened as she nodded. “That form.. is my friend - I care for him deeply.”

He seemed confused - he could not understand the difference between kinds of love. To him... there was only One. He was also curious - a trait that was stronger every time they met.

Wyh gently smiled. “We have been friends since my return to Rhydin many months past - we have helped each other through each other’s traumas, and shared in each other's laughter.”

He was surprised by that – though he had caught glimpses of her dear friend within her subconscious, memories that stirred jealousy in him – jealousy Wyh could feel, jealousy she instinctively sought to soothe away, whispering softly. “He is happy - happier than I have ever known him to be, deeply and completely in love with Tabitha.”

His eyes burned into hers. “Then - he is not…”

She shook her head. “No - he is not... We do love each other - but it is not the same, here.” She touched lightly over his heart. “He is my friend – he is to me as my Sisters, my Brother.”

“Good.” His voice was so serious, so sincere - it was almost comical, as he curled into her, seeking comfort from her as she held him close, his head pillowed on her heart.

Her whisper was a plea, nearly lost in the black satin of the dream. “There will never be another...?”

He raised his head to look at her, mystified. “How can there be?”

Wyh whispered another fear. “There are so many Others... one might catch your eye, and then…” Her voice trailed off.

The comfort she gave – it did something to him. He rose up somewhat, staring at her boldly, making her shiver under the weight of his gaze. “I do not see with eyes. I see only the truth - and you are my truth.” He shifted over her, smiling. “Do you have any more fears?” He leaned in to kiss her forehead, then her lips - then her neck, murmuring softly. “I would know them all, and soothe them away.”

She tilted her head as his lips caught her neck, her hands again twining in his silken hair. “Only… that this day will pass slowly.”

His smile widened. “No... about me. About this.” The benefit to one such as he – was he knew nothing of deceit, of lying. Total intimacy was anathema to those things.

“I cannot think of anything more I might fear... you are proving to be everything I have ever dreamed, ever wished.” Wyheree could not have imagined the pleasure those words gave the Entity – but she knew, for she felt it in the dream as if it were her own. Was this what it was like for Toby and Tabi – through the open door that bridged their minds, their very souls? Would this level of intimacy continue to exist for her?

He ran his hand up her arm, and then slowly down her body, whispering softly to her. “Out of respect… I will not seek to enter your world with you… this time.”

She whispered, even as his touch had her literally melting into the satin. “What if I wished you to?”

His eyes answered that for her, and his whisper confirmed it. “Do you not know? I would do anything you asked. You need only ask.”

Silvery tears glimmered in her eyes, as she caressed his cheek. “Then... please... let us be together, as long as possible...”

He whispered, suddenly. “Wake up.”
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Whispered Temptation in the Night - Conclusion Reply with quote

Wyheree blinked - and slowly felt herself wake. The room was dark still, and quiet. Tabitha was still asleep – even snoring a little in her adorable way. She groggily opened her eyes... finding herself laying sprawled on her stomach on the bed. No - she wasn't laying on the bed. She was sprawled out on her stomach... laying over the warm and living body of her long-lost youthful crush, who stared up at her with his dark piercing eyes. This was the first time he had come into the waking world without being in the dream-intimacy of lovemaking - would he fade away immediately, now that that intimacy was not present?

Softly, she smiled at him, caressing his face as he caressed hers, the real warmth of her indescribable to him. Wyh kissed him desperately – so afraid he would indeed fade before her eyes, and she thought for one terrible second that he might indeed fade... but when she gave into that desperate kiss, and her will flooded through to demand he stay... she felt him more warm and solid than ever under her, her fingers tangling in his hair, so thick and soft in her hands - so very real.

He spoke haltingly, for he'd never used speech before - even his voice sounded like she remembered. “I... feel you...”

She whispered through a haze of silvery tears. “I feel you too...”

The room went hazy and back again... but then she felt herself going dreamlike once more. Wyheree felt the frustration, knew he was unable to stay with her - but then she felt something new... she felt herself being pulled bodily into the dream! She gasped aloud - fear rippling through her - did he mean to keep her in the dream after all? Only with the power of intimacy in their “lovemaking” could she sustain that link for very long... and both other times, it had already been happening when he came into the waking world.

She found herself on that pinnacle of rock, in the midst of that driving rain - the droplets sweet and hot without being the "hot" she feared. She lay in that curve of smooth basalt, as darkness and lightning and rain surrounded her - but it was different this time. This was not the fearful ravishment she remembered. He was there... her body crushed to his, his eyes wild, staring... she felt his heart, hammering in time with hers as he pressed even closer to her.

She felt the edge of frustration as he whispered to her amidst the overwhelming storm. “I could not hold on... your world eludes me yet, still...” She felt the awful surge of his power he had used to draw her back into the dream world, a desperate attempt to keep her with him just a little longer... but as moments passed, Wyheree knew it wasn't like before. It was less of a threat, and more a reaction to their near-early parting.

His lips were upon her, but his voice was soft in her mind. “Stay here with me till your time to wake comes…” When he kissed her this time... it was in sweeter desperation - the kind that you find in all the best fairy tales, causing her to cling to him as the rain poured over her, over them both as they kissed in feverish need.

How different it was... the last time she'd had *this* dream, it had been more of a struggle for her very self. Now... it was storm that had come to rescue her, albeit briefly, from the separation that neither of them wanted just yet. Time stood still for her, as she felt herself drowning within him - this time without the anger, without the fear. The greatest difference - last time, it had come down on her with no hope of her doing anything but weathering it. Now... oh, now... she was far more than that - she was *part* of it. She found him to be tender as he bore her up, the rain pouring over her pale, shining skin as they made love in the endless night.

“No more fear...” She heard the whisper endlessly, over and over again as his lips found the soft skin of her breast, just over her heart - and she felt a little surge of dark fire there.

The Dream changed many times as they made love - the pinnacle in the driving rain and roaring wind... the black satin bed... a room of ice and crystal as befit the Ice Queen... a simple grassy field in the full and warm light of a summer's day, amidst waving daisies... on the beach as the surf poured over them… floating in the Darkness where there was nothing but them, together, and she knew the cresting wave for what it was… a royal bedchamber, as opulent as any fairy tale, where the princess and her prince found one another at last… deep within the snow, the drifts piled high as flakes dusted their bare skin… on the back of a graceful winged dragon, clutching one another as they moved through the skies, her hair blowing gloriously in the tumult… these were surely not memories she had! Were they fantasies - or were they portents of her future?

He seemed to know it was time... and whispered sadly, sweetly, softly. “The world calls you..."

She clung to him, even as she felt the tug of waking. “I will return to you as I promised…”

The last thing she saw, as she arched her back in the throes of bliss... was his lips touch her breast again, over her heart. Then, she woke up lazily in her room, as if from the most delightful sleep she had ever had - not sharp and jarring, but natural and gentle. It was his gift to her, and she felt truly rested for the first time in weeks.

Tabitha stirred, smiling as she saw her awaken. “You look like you slept well.” Tabi was sitting comfortably on the couch, looking rested also. She didn’t seem to realize she had slept, let alone dreamed.

Wyh slowly sat up, and stretched with a languid grace. “I truly did - I feel ever so much better.”

Tabitha got up to go see what Jewell had in the way of breakfast, leaving Wyh to get dressed. As she took off her sleeping shift, Wyh noticed something... a little mark on the swell of her chest - a faint thing, just a little smudge of darkness on her pale skin. But she remembered lips... and knew it was a little memory to hold onto. She brushed her fingers lovingly over the mark - and remembered. As she did, she felt an echo, just a hint. “I will be here…” It was a sweet promise now, instead of a dire warning.
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: The Tower Speaks Reply with quote

The day dawned warmer than it had been – winter was slowly loosening its grip on Rhydin, and spring seemed just around the corner. But, the promise of sunshine did nothing to chase the shadows from the Keeper’s mind, heart – even her very soul. Wyheree had held the Key to the Tower of Water for nearly a year, defending her right to keep the Key twice. In many ways, the Tower was home to her. Water was an essential component to her Ice magic, and it was where she chose to go after her physical wounds finally healed. She thought she had explored every inch of the Tower, followed every path - but a conversation with Tass, who had held the Key before her, drew her steps downward, deep into the heart of her Tower.

Finally, after roaming for what seemed like hours, Wyh stood before a door she had never seen before - one of silvery white, marked with a single claw, just as Tass described to her. Her hand hovered over the claw - hesitating... did she dare speak of what truly troubled her? Her friends, her family - they assumed she was still haunted by her recent trauma. Her dreams were no longer plagued with leering red eyes and clutching taloned fingers, but... the men still haunted her. In fact, one physical scar persisted. A red welt no larger than an ink droplet marred the paleness of her throat - the first touch of the liquid magma still stubbornly refused to heal. It felt like she might wear that scar to the end of her days... as what? A trophy of her refusal to give up? A mark of shame at being tormented and nearly broken? A defiant thumb to the otherwise ethereal perfection of her look?

Whenever Wyh looked upon that scar, it served to reminder her of what she had once been - and what she would never be again. Paths still loomed before her - and she knew, a choice needed to be made. But which direction was right? A part of her insisted that the *right* answer – the *right* path, was to turn her back on the wicked, sinful temptations of that Dark Entity. She should seek out her friends' wisdom and banish it back to wherever it came from, to free herself of it and retake her rightful mantle as a true lady. But, then there was another part of her… the part that wondered… the part that longed...

Her hand pressed against the claw, and she felt a tingle through her palm, a flare of her magic as it recognized a part of itself behind the door. Her thoughts swirled and jumbled in her mind - she knew she should banish the Darkness, for even now she felt its seductive pull, coaxing, tempting... yet, the thought of never seeing the Entity again was nearly too much for her to bear.

The door opened of its own accord, and Wyh slowly stepped inside, feeling the tingling dance from her palm, down her arm, spreading all throughout her still-healing body. Glancing about the large circular space, she felt something - familiar, yet not. “Is anyone here?”

A deep, rolling whispery voice answered her - it felt big as the sea, deep and wide. Yet it wasn't intimidating in and of itself. “Returned again, and yet not the same...”

Wyh blinked as she moved further into the room. “Returned - again? I have never left. I won my last challenge.”

“You have.” There was a faint basso undertone in the voice. “I feel the echo of the other place, it lingers on you still. You bear its mark.”

Her pale fingers brushed against the welt on her throat as she spoke. “All the rest of the wounds have healed - save this one... and I fear the taint of what was done still lingers within me, for my usual magicks are still not as they once were.”

“I do not speak of that. I speak of the other place, the one that you have only recently touched. Its taint surrounds you, and deepens the cold. Winter never-ending.”

Palest pink touched Wyh’s cheeks, rapidly deepening to rose as she spoke softly. “You know - of the dreams?”

“Are you not my Keeper? So long as the Key is in your hands, we are linked. What changes in you, must affect me in its turn.”

Wyh sighed. “So much has changed - I know not where to begin... I see so many paths laid before me - and I know not which one to take.”

Last edited by Wyheree on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: The Tower Speaks - Continued Reply with quote

The voice whispered like waves upon the shore. “You seek my counsel, Mistress? Ask then.”

The room seemed to shimmer, and a chaise lounge appeared in the middle of the otherwise empty room. Wyh sat upon it, struggling to bring her thoughts into order. “While I was held - when I thought to just let go, give up - I heard a whisper of a song in my mind.”

“A memory?” There was a pondering silence. “You have heard many songs. But you do not believe it to be a memory. What, then?”

“It was... hope - a hope given to me when I was without any, when all I had was driven from me.”

“But you fear its source, now that you have seen it for what it is.”

Wyheree nodded. “Indeed I do - for it has bound itself to me in a way I still do not completely understand. It said, I called... and it heard me. When I cried out in the worst of my nightmares, it... returned to me.”

“You wish to see this being as a savior, a shining knight. But whatever service it has rendered you,” The voice spoke dispassionately, with the neutrality of a being less concerned with emotional matters. “I see its influence on you still. It has set a claim over you. It waits for you still. It will not let you go again.”

She cradled her head in her hands. “I know not what to do. I am torn – and I am so very afraid.”

“That is wise. There is no best decision. There is the proper, the safe choice. And there is the riskier, more glorious choice.”

“The safe choice would be to purge this Entity from within - eliminate the taint of this Darkness...”

“Yes.” The voice slowly rolled over her in answer. “The proper choice would be to renounce the claim the darkness has over you, to seek aid from those you know to be powerful and true, to never again permit this thing back to your presence. You will be better off for it. Its darkness would be cleaned away, and you would once again be the Lady you were. By all measures, that would be the safe thing to do. Your reputation, your ladyship, all would be secured.”

Wyh thought a while, as the words echoed in her mind. “But - being the Lady I was will not be enough to stop those who would seek to harm me. Those horrible men committed their crime, for no other reason than that they could.”

“That is true. And they will do it again, if the opportunity arises. To you, or to anyone else they see fit.” Another silent pause. “But in the end, this is not about them. Only about you. If you take the other path, the one you are considering, you have the chance to increase your natural power far beyond what it is now. To a degree even I cannot speculate. But it will come at a cost.”

She nodded slowly, speaking her fear aloud. “I will be bound, in a way I cannot fathom.”

“You will. And to what end it will lead you, I cannot see. You may prove strongest still, despite the darkness and its pull. Then again, you may be utterly corrupted, and become a dark shadow of who you are. One thing is for sure - if you choose the path you are tempted to, you cannot go back. It will be yours to walk for all time.”

After a moment, Wyh voiced another fear. “It has said many times, that there is no Other, only me... but what if that proves false? What if I start upon this new path, only to find myself alone?” She gazed around the room, her heart weighing heavy. “Twice now, I have given myself to another, and twice now - I am ultimately alone.”

“No Eye exists that can peer into such a future. This is a bleak truth, but you did not come to me for false assurances and comfort.” The answer was like rain in the treetops. “The only way you will know for sure is to walk the path and know. What I do know is this...” The voice held a cryptic edge. “It holds a shadowy reflection of what you truly desire. It may be that the fulfillment of your greatest desire lies with this Entity. The risk is yours to take alone, and it is not a light burden to bear. Know only that I will serve you as long as you hold my Key, and aid you as much as I am able.”

She again drifted into thought, sending ice crystals to dance about her - most light and shimmering, but a scattered few were dark, as if consuming the light of their brethren. “It wishes… to live, in this world.”

“It will use you to do so.”

Her color again went rosy as she remembered just how he had done so – then her expression sobered. “I will not lie - the temptation of the power, it is very great. No Mage likes to be caught unawares, and I will not ever be held against my will again.”

“Even by this Entity?” There was a stillness, then a rush like waves crashing. “The question you must ask is... as deep as you will be bound by it, and forever intertwined with it, do you not secretly wish it? Only you know your own heart.”

“I have longed feared I would be forever alone - destined to spend my days locked in my Keep, with only tomes and trinkets for company.”

“You wish an all-consuming love like your friends have found. One that was denied you.”

A single silvery tear trailed down her cheek. “I thought I had such - and it was proven false, just as before.” She took a steadying breath, and admitted something she held in her heart. “The promise of such a love - it is proving to be as great a temptation as the power...”

“I am not given to understand such things.” Indeed, it could not feel or show regret, but it could be tactful at least. “But it is clear to me that this Entity is appealing to you on both the emotional and the magical level.”
Indeed - it knows my secrets, ones I have never revealed to anyone, ones I barely admit to my own self.”

“You may indeed find all that you seek. But you also risk being bound more than you could ever hope to escape. The question comes down to this - are the rewards greater than the risks?”

Last edited by Wyheree on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: The Tower Speaks - Conclusion Reply with quote

Wyheree curled upon the chaise lounge, her thoughts slowing coming into focus as she continued to voice her fears. “I also fear what this Entity might do, once he has form in the waking world - it knows nothing of humanity, only what it desires. And, it desires me - in a way that I cannot begin to comprehend. It has said, more than once - that I am the Only One. But once it has form, will I still be the Only? Or will it drift away from me - leaving me alone and bereft on a path I do not understand?”

“If it has truly been awakened from that place by you, then that is truth. It may become aware of other souls, but none of them will be connected to it as you are. It is the reverse that I deem to be the greater danger. That this Entity will take you over, beyond any hope of escape.”

Her fingers brushed against her chest, over her heart, where once its lips had pressed. “I fear that as well… as much as I do not wish to be forever alone, it speaks of a binding - a door that never closes.”

“That is one possible future I see. Once you allow it to happen, you will not be parted.” The voice sounded almost ominous, like a lurking thunderstorm.

She murmured softly. “Bound together - body, mind, and soul...”

This time, the Tower asked a question of her. “What will you do?”

She thought a moment before she gave her answer. “I know I cannot be what I once was. Too much has changed, I have changed - even without the Entity's presence, I can never again be as I was. I see two paths clearly - one where I walk alone, even within the company of family and friends. And one… where I am never again truly alone.”

“At the risk of your very soul and body. Only you can choose. I can only advise you.” There was a pause. “I cannot deny that I am fascinated by the possibilities that such a thing would bring even to me.”

Wyh admitted something else. “I saw... a dream, a vision… of what I could be, if I bind to the Entity…”

The Tower's curiosity was not hidden. “And that is what tempts you?”
She nodded, still trailing ice about herself, the dark crystals outnumbering the light. “Indeed it does - for it was a perfect balance, the Ice and the Darkness. My power was amplified, and the Darkness flared at my command, and only when I wished it.”

“And tied with the power you wield through me, you would be…” The voice was pure satisfaction. “Formidable.”

“No one would withstand - no one would dare take me again... no one would dare raise a hand against those I love.” Her eyes flashed like jet for a brief moment.

“The rewards are great.”

“But - is the price too high a cost to pay?”

“Only you can answer that.”

She sighed, as the ice continued its dance around her chaise. “I have told no one of what was asked... my friends know only something has invaded my dreams, but they do not know all.”

“What will you tell them?” The voice almost seemed to imply the choice was made, and she was merely dithering. Wyh flicked a burst of ice towards the wall at the implication, which brought out an echo of an almost Olympian amusement.

“I will not have to say anything, if no one learns of what I might do - and what I might become.”

“The Darkness is already changing you. You are becoming more complicated.”

“I am Mage - I have never been accused of being simple.”

“Then the only question left, is when you will do it.”

Wyh thought for another long moment. “Once it is done - he will need to be hidden...”

“Will he permit it? Can you hope to control such a thing?”

“I will not lie, I do not know if he can truly be controlled - but, I do know he will do what I ask of him.”

“You have power here, Mistress. I suggest that you allow it to happen here.”

“Here - within this chamber?” She considered the possibilities. “He would not be able to leave the Tower, unless I wished it.”

“In theory. I cannot know, nor can you, truly what the Entity will be capable of once in this world.”

“That is the other hesitation - what will it do once it has the life it craves?”

“You will only know that once it happens. Again, a risk you must take. It may be simply be satisfied with such life. But it may decide to possess you, or do other things once it has you.”

She admitted softly. “I fear it may turn on any who come near me.”

“It may. It promises to be exceptionally powerful. But it knows little of this world, and it will be bound to you as deeply as you will be bound to it. Such a binding works both ways. Now you must choose.”
Wyheree fell silent, turning over the conversation in her mind, pondering and wondering so many things. Was the Entity exerting some influence over the Tower, to nudge her towards the choice? Or was the Tower acting of its own volition, in the hopes of being part of greater power through her? Or was the choice already made, deep within her soul, no longer a question of would she, but when?

Last edited by Wyheree on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: The Choice Reply with quote

A moment passed, maybe two… a heartbeat, or was it longer? The chaise lounge that stood in the room Wyheree only just discovered shimmered, and lengthened, and widened - until a lovely bed covered in silks of blue and silver dominated the center of the circular room. The Ice Queen curled upon it, laying atop the silks - her eyes fluttering closed as she murmured softly. “I choose... to take the risk.”

Sleep was already running its fingers over her - caressing, drawing her down. She felt a mingling sense of satisfaction and sheer hopelessness... enough to make her giggle even as sleep stole over her. Good or ill, she'd cast her lot – chosen her path... and here she went! Within moments, she was asleep, pale lashes framing her cheeks.

A moment later, she blinked and looked around the same room with a decidedly annoyed and disappointed air – she had awakened, or had she? The bed was still the same, as was the circular room – she did not feel as if she was asleep. Wyheree sighed and lay back again against the blue and silver sheets - and felt her body sink through them, like some form of satiny quicksand. She gasped - trying to catch herself as she was pulled through the bed, clinging to those silken sheets. The room rippled, and she was gone.

Wyh felt herself slip through the sheets, and fall onto another bed, just like the first... in a room just like the one she'd been in. Only instead of blue and silver, the bedding was a liquid, satiny black. The satin flowed over and around her the moment she landed upon the soft bed - vaguely malleable, clinging lazily to her legs and arms as she lifted them, falling away slowly in a dreamlike haze. She smiled softly - the touch of the blackness to her skin made the wisps of darkness within her flare to life… like recognizing like.

“You came back...” The voice flowed, as liquid as the surface that bore her up – holding both fear, and hope, within it.

That voice made Wyh shiver, but not from fear. “I promised that I would...”

“I feared you would choose to stay away. To renounce me.”

I cannot renounce, what is within my very heart and soul...”

“Then - you have chosen?”

She took a slow, deep breath, and nodded. “Indeed I have. I choose... you.” She paused, then continued. “I cannot abide the thought of being without you now - never seeing you again... never knowing you again.”

Wyheree felt a pulse of emotion ripple through the darkness that surrounded her - it was something like joy, something like ecstasy, but it was almost too alien for her to comprehend. It was so powerful – powerful beyond words. “You are ready and willing to bind to me, to take me into your world?”

She nodded. “Yes... I am willing, and I am ready.”

“Know this...” The Darkness rippled around her. and slowly a tendril of it rose up to gently stroke Wyh's cheek. “Once it is done... you cannot reverse it. You might choose to sever my bond to the world of life, but you will never be able to rid yourself of me - for I will be part of you.”

Her eyes fluttered closed as the Darkness caressed over her cheek, murmuring softly. “You already are a part of me…”

It was being honest with her - it could not be otherwise. “But you could break from me even now. Use your magicks of life to banish me, to cut me off from you. Once we are bound, that will not be possible again.”

Wyh whispered softly into the Darkness. “What would happen to you - if I severed you from me now?”

“Now? I would be cast back into the Nothing. But now I would not be blissfully unaware of my solitude. I would be forever trapped by it, aware of it and unable to escape.”

“An eternity of torment... I could not inflict that kind of pain upon anyone.”

The voice held eagerness within it. “I am ready. All you must do is ask me to come to you.”

Wyheree shifted with the satin – her voice soft, yet filled with conviction. “Then... come to me.”
Wyheree
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
46598.78 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: The Choice - continued Reply with quote

Darkness flowed up around Wyh’s body, enveloping her in a silky cocoon from her ankles to her shoulders - one that surrounded, but did not bind. It remembered her sensitivity to such... and in any case, this was her choice now. She felt warm, protected - safe within that dark embrace.

Then, she felt a strange disconnect - she still felt engulfed in the liquid darkness, but at the same time, she saw herself pale and glistening, in the arms of her memory-lover – her crush from so very long ago. He smiled at her, touching her cheek. “I thought it might be easier for you for see this, rather than the raw darkness.” He ran his fingers and palm slowly over her face, gazing upon her with dark, shining eyes.

She reached with a trembling hand to touch his cheek, whispering softly. “Indeed - it is easier for my mind to comprehend… with you like this.”

He whispered to her. “It will not hurt… never will it hurt. But - you will know my darkness within, far more than before. Focus instead on this image...” He smiled a little wickedly then. “unless the darkness appeals.” He leaned in, and his mouth found hers – catching her small gasp, making her swoon willingly into his arms.

He ran his hand down her long, sleek form, over her legs - teasing them, playfully nudging them – drawing out little shivers from her, little breathy giggles as he slid against her, cool and sleek... heated and strong, between… within… different than the other times – save the very first, liquid satin flowing… ecstasy worth the price to her fevered mind. He moved with her, the pleasure was all in her mind, she knew - but it translated into the physical pleasure she felt within her dream, casting her adrift upon luxurious seas.

Wyh was dimly aware that their 'movements' were his way of preparing her for what was coming - coaxing and encouraging her to open her mind to him. And, she dimly knew in turn that her own languid ‘movements’ were her way of doing exactly that, as her mind blossomed… The pleasure rose, and Wyh felt her receptiveness growing. She knew she was ready - she knew she was willing. All that remained was to yield... she had already given him the whispered command "Come to me"... and as their dream selves writhed closer, and closer, she felt him approaching the final barrier. All she had to do was let him through… her yielding would be her fall, her fall – her ultimate yielding…

Those dark eyes - beautiful, awful, intense... peered at her out of the darkness, burning into her very soul - and she knew, she would never, ever, be the same. Wyh felt her pleasure build to heights she never dreamed, never imagined could exist… Her entire body trembled as his voice tickled deep within her mind. “This is it.. all you have to do is…” The rest was lost within the roaring waves in her ears, but she knew, oh she knew – as she cried out her fall into his willing mouth…

The remainder was a blur - and yet, she would never forget a single detail. In the dream-within-a-dream, the Lady yielded to her Lover, and he in turn fell upon her. In the dream itself, she felt a terrifying rush of Darkness collapse upon her - terrifying, but the actual terror just failed under the wintry light of her acceptance and desire. It was impossible to believe any being could contain such energies - such raw Darkness, but she did, because it was not just inside her - it was now a part of her. The feeling was utterly glorious, utterly triumphant - Wyheree could not distinguish between her triumph and joy, and his…

Wyheree was left weakened and trembling on that black satin bed, but she knew that was only temporary - till she became accustomed to what she had become. In the meantime, she was once again aware of him with her, over her, his voice a gentle caress. “Only one thing remains... The Bond.”

He did not need to ask her this time, but he chose to do so, whispering in her soul. “Yes...?”

She gazed up at him through languid silver eyes - never had she known anything like him before, whispering softly. “How..?”

His eyes burned with intensity, but smile was warm and gentle. “I will take care of it.”

“Then – yes…”

He ducked his head, and his lips came in contact with the soft swell of her breast, over her pounding heart. She felt a searing dark fire - but not pain. Not fire that would harm her, or scare her - but their own secret fire. It seared her skin without hurting, it inflamed her without any displeasure - and with it she knew she was forever lost, forever hopeless, and forever found.

When he lifted his head, she saw a mark upon her breast, as in an earlier dream. But, where it had been hazy and indistinct before - now she saw a tattoo gracing those soft curves. A snowflake... so marvelously intricate, it seemed to be forever changing, forever increasing its detail. It was utterly black, with an icy blue veneer... over her pale skin. Wyheree knew, without asking, that if she wished it – lines could spread to cover her entire body with such images, as in that dream. And just as easily, they could retreat, leaving her flesh bare and unmarked as it had been before. All save this snowflake - it would be a part of her forevermore... hidden if she so chose but never gone.

She heard his husky, triumphant whisper, his eyes blazing gloriously. “We are One... when you wake... I will live. Whatever shape you choose for me when you awaken... so will I be.” He touched her cheek, tracing a finger up to her hair, smiling a beatific smile. “And there will I stay, with you.”

Wyh gazed up at him in wonder - her fingers lightly tracing over the snowflake as she spoke softly. “We are... truly One.”
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Dark Winter's Night All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: