Joined: 04 Mar 2005
See this user's pet
Jobs: Tavern Keep, Red Dragon Inn
Can Be Found: RhyDin
104577.44 Silver Crowns
|Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:58 pm Post subject: DoS Proposal - January 1995
|This seems to be a proposal for some rules changes, possibly the ones that incorporated the Barons into DoS?
This rules revision proposal incorporates ideas and suggestions from our customers and adds a twist that should spice up the life of the average Warlord without the fuss and muss of alot of record keeping. It includes Val's "Right to Challenge" idea and BrdwayDan's suggestion for a fixed number of "Grand Overlords" who have been dubbed Barons and will initially be decided by a special tournament of all ranked Warlords (rules of which to be determined). This would replace all text after the "EMAIL PLAY" section of the current rules. NOTE: RULES OF PLAY ARE NOT EFFECTED BY ANY OF THESE AMENDMENTS AND REVISIONS.
Amended Alignment of Ranks...
1) The Overlord shall be set as the Supreme Dueler of the Duel of Swords.
2) There shall be 9 Barons.
3) There will be any number of Warlords who maintain a record of 15 wins over loses.
4) Overlord and Barons are NOT subject to maintaining a 15 wins over loses record.
1) Challenges to the Overlord are subject to the "Universal Terms of Challenge" (see below) and may only be made once per cycle per qualified duelist where not specifically addressed within these rules.
2) Has the "Right of Challenge" to select a Loyalist Baron or Warlord champion to test any challenger who the Overlord deems unfit but only once per challenge. The selected champion may refuse.
3) A selected champion is at no risk of losing their title or rank.
4) If the challenger is successful in the test then the challenge to the Overlord seat will proceed within two weeks.
6) Overlord may intercede on behalf of challenged Loyalist Barons without risk of any kind. If successful the challenger must retract.
7) Can, at anytime, switch the alignment of a Baron with reason given in writing to all Barons and to the Standings Keeper provided a WoL record of 15 is maintained.
If the Overlord should banish a Loyalist to a Renegade alignment then the Overlord must accept an immediate challenge of title if issued by that Baron.
9) When unseated by an Baron the Overlord is placed as a Renegade or Loyalist Baron at the discreation of the new Overlord.
10) When an Overlord is unseated by a Warlord they are placed in the ranks, commoner to Warlord, based on their wins to loses record. If Warlord then they are ranked #1.
11) Should the Overlord retire a tournament of all Barons will be held to determine the new Overlord. The impending Baron vacancy is filled by a "single elimination"/"luck of the draw" Tournament of interested Ranked Warlords where the victor will move to Baron and all other Warlords will remain at their relative rank.
12) Overlord carrys six fancy maneuvers and is allowed to use only one more fancy than their opponent possess.
1) Each Baron shall receive a ring as a symbol of their station.
2) All 9 Barons are considered equal in title.
3) Barons can either be aligned with the Overlord or not and respectively titled Loyalist or Renegade.
4) New Barons must proclaim their alignment upon accepting the ring. If not it is at the discretion of the Overlord.
5) Barons may change their alignment to Renegade at anytime, in writing, to all Barons, the Overlord and the Standings Keeper.
6) When an Overlord is dethroned all Barons must declare alignment within one week, to the Standings Keeper, or their alignment is set by the new Overlord.
7) When a Baron is unseated they are placed in the ranks, from commoner to Warlord, based on their current record. If Warlord then they are ranked last amongst Warlords.
All Barons will have 5 Fancy maneuvers and are allowed to use only one more fancy than their opponent possess.
9) Should a Baron retire the vacancy is filled by a "single elimination"/"luck of the draw" Tournament of interested Ranked Warlords were the victor will move to Baron and all other Warlords will remain at their relative rank.
1) "Right to Challenge": Loyalists can intercede on challenges to the Overlord - first come - first served (via EMail) provided the Overlord accepts the intercession.
2) Loyalists who intercede are at no risk of losing their title. AND, if successful in defeating the challenger, has the special opportunity to challenge the Overlord. If the Overlord defends his title in this instance and then realigns the Loyalist to Renegade he must accept an immediate rechallenge.
3) Any Loyalist may challenge an Overlord whose standings record falls below 15 wins over loses.
4) Loyalists cannot otherwise challenge the Overlord.
5) Loyalists need only defend their title once per calendar Month.
1) Renegades cannot intercede on challenges to the Overlord.
2) Renegades will be designated on the Standings with an (R).
2) Renegades may petition for Loyalist alignment pending approval of the Overlord. The Overlord may refuse the realignment for any given reason.
3) Renegades can challenge the Overlord at any time, but only once per cycle.
4) Renegade challenges to the Overlord will follow the "Universal Terms of Challenge".
5) Renegades are open to any and all challenges from Warlords. A first challenge must be fought within two weekends and any pending challenges must be fought at a rate no less than one a week until the pending challenges are depleted. This is the only case where a challenge queue is possible.
5a) Warlord challenges must wait and are pending on the outcome of a Renegade's challenge to the Overlord.
1) Warlords can be listed as "Ranked" or "UnRanked" at their discretion. Ranked is the default.
2) Warlords have 4 fancy maneuvers and may use them without restriction.
3) Warlords must maintain a Win over Lose (WoL) record of at least 15.
4) When a Warlord falls from Warlordship and then regains entry to the Warlord Strata they are considered New Warlords.
5) New Warlords are entered into the Rolls at the current Bottom rank and must defeat five Ranked Warlords before they may challenge either a Baron or the Overlord.
1) There can be any number of Ranked Warlords numbered from the top as #1, #2, etc.
2) Ranked Warlords may challenge the Overlord at anytime but only once per cycle.
3) Ranked Warlords who fail to defeat the Overlord are dropped to the lowest Rank.
4) Before a New or defeated Warlord can challenge the Overlord, they must defeat five of his peers in regular duels.
5) Only the top 18 Ranked Warlords may challenge a Baron for their title with constrants listed in the Baron and Overlord sections. These challenges are subject to the "Universal Terms of Challenge" and may only be made once per cycle.
3) Ranked Warlords may challenge fellow Ranked Warlords up to three ranks ahead. If successful the two Warlords swap ranks.
4) Ranked Warlords must respond to Rank challenges within one week and must duel within two weeks of the response. If either of these conditions are not met the challenged Warlord forfeits rank.
1) Any Warlord may request to be UnRanked for any reason.
2) UnRanked Warlords cannot challenge Barons, the Overlord for Rank.
3) UnRanked Warlords cannot participate in any Warlord's Tournament.
4) UnRanked Warlords may otherwise duel or not duel without restriction.
5) To enter the Ranks an UnRanked Warlord must EMail DoS RDIs and all Ranked Warlords to the effect that they are returning to active Rank status.
6) A returning Ranked Warlord must defeat five Ranked Warlords before they may challenge either a Baron or the Overlord.
The Warlord's Tournament...
1) A Ranked Warlord's tournament will be held once every 3 months.
2) The winner has the right to challenge the Overlord directly, superseding any outstanding Renegade challenge.
3) The top four finishers of this Tournament will be placed as the top four ranking duelist pushing back other Warlords in the order of held rank. Ranks #3 and #4 will be determined by a consolation match. All others will remain in their relative Rank.
Inactive UnRanked Warlords or "Retired" Warlords...
Warlords who retire or "are inactive for more than one cycle" MAY be removed from the Standings and their records archived at the disgression of the Standings Keeper. A letter to the Standings Keeper stating intent to Retire is manditory. To return, with record intact, a Warlord must EMail DoS RDIs and all Warlords stating they are returning as either a Ranked or UnRanked Warlord. Returning Warlords, for Ranking purposes, are treated as New Warlords.
"Universal Terms of Challenge"...
Where not specifically addressed all challenges are first come - first served. With the exception of challenges to Renegade Barons, only the first challenge is considered vital and all others are void based on Date/Time stamp of EMails received by the Standings Keeper. This means there are no queues of challenges. And where not specifically addressed all challenges must be answered within one week (by the Date/Time stamp) and dueled within two weeks of the response.
Any challenge not responded to within one week, setting a time and place, shall be considered an abdication.
With the exception of Warlords any dueler who is inactive over the duration of a complete cycle is subject to removal from the Standings. Reinstatement with record intact are possible but only at the discretion of the RDI Forum leader. This includes the Overlord and Barons.
That's it. Hope it's something you like. It sounds like a lot of fun to me and really stirs up the pot. It will make bookkeeping a breeze too.
"Even the maggot can serve a purpose in the right circumstance... "
Panther - Overseer of the madhouse that is the Red Dragon Inn.
Tales of the Cat
||All times are GMT - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Dragon's Mark Producer - Rob Portinga
Original site design © 2005 by Nomad • Forum design © 2005 Isaura Simon