Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

Bristle Crios OOC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Bristle Crios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Apothecary
Can Be Found: Alchemist's Fire Complex and around Rhy'Din
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Yes, the Klingons had a good line on it, and that line of dialogue is just one of many reasons I want to explore with people in a class the concepts of what makes gods, gods. What separates them from mortals? Is there any real separation? Are gods just as problematic and fallible as mortals? Etc. etc as the study looks at the aspects and ways gods/deities/immortals whatever labels attached function, draw power or could behave. I am shying around doing much focus on religions outside of mentioning perhaps names of some if applicable but not going in depth as that is a very different class subject. That and subjects like that I am rather skittish on touching much at all with how thing can get easily taken out of context.

And I hope it wouldn't be something considered boring. I'd try to make it fun and entertaining. I'm just beginning to wonder if Ammy being a student in classes is becoming a problem and perhaps keeping others from participating much.
The Redneck
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Chef, Schoolteacher
Can Be Found: Where ever she happens to be
14173.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could, if you were feeling slightly more ambitious than even this suggests (which is very by the way), 'interview' local deities and ask them some of these questions directly.
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is another good idea Thorn, but would local deities be willing to discuss or talk to Ammy about their nature? The general impressions I've gotten over the years from Rhy'Din is an overall negative and frowned upon viewpoint on anything resembling deity/god being showing any public light of their natures. I do not mind attempting to try and contact anyone who has deity/god characters if they wish to participate in answering questions from Ammy to collect some facts to see how their structure, powers, needs, etc. happen.

Am I maybe asking to do something too large with this kind of class?
The Redneck
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Chef, Schoolteacher
Can Be Found: Where ever she happens to be
14173.82 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're overreaching at all honestly.

In the end, anything that stirs the juices and brings the urge to write back is a good thing. Or that's how I see it.

In regards to player character deities/powers, I know one who'd be willing to sit down and chat with Ammy about it, or fill out whatever questionnaire is handed to her. There's a few PC Powers whose natures might make them more likely to reach out either in an effort to be better understood, to gain more followers, or to make damn sure no one is foolish enough to try messing with them.

Okay, the last one is probably a stretch, but I'm sure there's some out there/around here.

Speaking as a player of a Power, I know my character will answer questions put to her. Well, so long as they're asked of her by someone she likes and has a reason to answer. Wink
Tempus Fugit
Lord of Storms
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Groom, Sword for Hire
Can Be Found: Rhy'din / Bristle Crios / The Hanging Garden / Shanachie Theater
1382.74 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Thorn: You had me at, 'stirs the juices'... mmm... I mean...

@ Ammy: I mean, yeah, again - great idea. And count me in for doubling down to support Thorns concept of interviewing them - if some local blue skinned celebrity doesn't beat you to it, of course. She's known for that.

I also support the use of the term 'Power' in lieu of Deity; not sure exactly how to phrase it, and Atticus next posts are being worked on now but not near the part where he'll address it - but there's something about the notion of deities that... the term seems to make more sense from a followers point of view, if that sounds reasonable? Like, there are qualitative differences in the idea of Powers, I think, one rank of which would be Deity - which has probably parallel or corollary positions which do not involve worship, if any of that makes sense. Anyway, can't wait to do more with it in an actual thread.

Anyway, running back to work! Oh - and I hope, Ammy, you didn't think it was rude of me to direct the class thing here (I was quite flattered to have you ask in RoA), I just thought that potential interested parties might miss out if you didn't (like Thorn, perhaps Smile ).

Regards,
Kris
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think it rude at all Tempus to redirect the question to here. I just often am not sure where to ask questions or who to contact about idea. Once this idea for a subject was brought up to my by my rp mate, here is the take that I have on what deities/gods represent in my collective mind that I would love to share. They are a two sided coin.

One side is the massive amounts of mythos, lore, history, deeds, etcetera that those who have no real working knowledge or have never been in the shoes of a deity/god see. The other side is the reality that quite likely any deity/god among mortals is bound to the same issues mortals has because they are using an avatar like body, maybe, to dwell among the mortals and that body can quite likely be constrained to the same issues as mortals. Not to mention, awakened, ascended, made deities/gods that were not ones to begin with. Mortals that were elevated. I look at it all as a neat diagram of puzzles and strata to look at especially when you include many deities/gods that are not part of cults, religions or worship. Ones that just exist regardless if they get worshiped or not. It is this variety of uniqueness that can happen among these 'all powerful' that can literally put to light to many that all gods/deities are not created equal.
Atticus DArcstorm
The Artificer
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Engineer
Can Be Found: The Horizon plane / Academy of Bristle Crios / Mage Hall
18907.92 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Atticus's Class:

You all are killing me, I love your responses; interesting, funny, perceptive, just awesome.

@Eden, your timing is impeccable - I sat down to write a quick answer, and by the time I posted, somehow, you'd beaten me to the punch and I had to go back and fix what I'd written :p

-K
Arthour
Not the Retiring type
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Schoolteacher, City Guard
Can Be Found: RDI, The Marketplace or Bristle Crios Mage House. Most likely he'll be around Mai Silverblood.
15807.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pip,pip. :: Sips tea::

Teacher at the Academy of Bristle Crios.
A member of the Circle of Bristle Crios, Mage House Representative.

Not the 'Retiring' Type.
Atticus DArcstorm
The Artificer
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Engineer
Can Be Found: The Horizon plane / Academy of Bristle Crios / Mage Hall
18907.92 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Just a couple notes on continuity...

Atticus's ongoing class, A&M 1000, is still going forward - at least for the duration of the field trip/the current lecture. The current lecture is happening, time wise, between the actual events of the protest, and it becoming common knowledge that something happened on the campus.

As for the next class after the fact, we'll see what happens when it's time for that 'lecture' to start, as it were. Speaking both icly and oocly, I hope to at least have the violent aspect, or obvious danger, gone sooner rather than later so that, so that students can return to class.

Amping up the protest situation so quickly to violence maybe have been my own little 'oops', I was comparing it in my mind to the Harry Potter world, mostly, and only too late really considered when people got killed they did talk about closing the school, so I should have expected the more visceral reaction. Not to say that the conflict isn't going to stay a bit, but the intensity might be dialed down, or shifted from campus. Mea culpa.

All the best,
K
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all. I wish to chime in a little bit here and add my own apologies for the posts of Ammy and Fleetwolf. Perhaps I should have refrained from posting an incident with Ammy that was violent that lead to bringing her mate back to the coven. Apologies if I have offended or caused a major problem. I am willing to strike my posts if it is needed.

Humbly, Ammy Spiritor.
Fiona ONeill
Lady of The Knight
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger, Scribe
Can Be Found: Bristle Crios
8403.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Taking a Stand Reply with quote

Ammy Spiritor wrote:
Hi to all. I wish to chime in a little bit here and add my own apologies for the posts of Ammy and Fleetwolf. Perhaps I should have refrained from posting an incident with Ammy that was violent that lead to bringing her mate back to the coven. Apologies if I have offended or caused a major problem. I am willing to strike my posts if it is needed.

I won't stand for that. Smile

It was a great post that added to the conflict and IC drama of the day. If my vote counts for anything, I say it stays. No apologies needed when you helped contribute to exactly what the story's about.

I can't wait to see how it all ends up. Looking forward to more, from you and everyone!
Knightfall
Knight of The Black Rose
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Caretaker, Groom
Can Be Found: RhyDin / Bristle Crios
13878.72 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends, Writers, Forum-folk,

So, tempus fugit and all that, eh? In the process of making my return from yet another savage, metaphorical, beating. I finally find myself with the time to work on things and play again after not posting for a couple of months – several things have been in the editors docket but haven't had the time to finish them.

Expect to see a return to, and near conclusion of, Fringe Sojourn in the next few weeks, along with a finishing out of the Bloodlines FAQ. The latter is a case of knowing what I want to write, but not necessarily knowing how to say it; after looking away for a bit, it's come back – somewhat – into focus.

Obviously, for those of you reading or playing along at Bristle Crios in the A&M Theory thread, something is coming down the pipe for that as well – hopefully by this weekend. I apologize for the time it's taken me to get back to it – my inability to move it forward is one of my current great annoyances. I'll make it up to you – somehow. Smile

Finally, for any of you who keep reading or re-reading Rising Son, I have to ask: what is it, the fact that you can't figure out who the son is? The reason for the continually rising view count has been a subject of some amusing discussion between myself and the co-author, and I'm here to tell you: we kind of forgot to state it explicitly, so you'll have to wait for the follow up – also in the works.

As always,
Best regards,
K
Arthour
Not the Retiring type
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Can Be Found: RDI, The Marketplace or Bristle Crios Mage House. Most likely he'll be around Mai Silverblood.
15807.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIM is dead, long live AIM.

I noticed I wasn't able to grab everyone's details at the time, for those that can use them, my trillian is arthour05 and my discord is Arthour#5264

Much love to my peeps ~

Not the 'Retiring' Type.
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, I've lost a massive chunk of my spark to RP. Work and health issues with migraines and seizures has sunk my rp mood often, that and just feel worn out with my Lupinossai. That said though, I still find it fun to do rp once in a while when the mood does sputter alive.

Trillian: fleety
Discord: Fleety #3776

Maybe some will find me. I'm still kicking around somewhere.
Fiona ONeill
Lady of The Knight
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
8403.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Lose My Number Reply with quote

Maybe it’s the holiday spirit in me but my response to anyone looking to find me after AIM is… LOSE MY NUMBER!

Just kidding. Need me? PM me. :)

Arthour
Not the Retiring type
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
15807.80 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never lose your number Fiona, I need someone to hug!

Merry christmas Smile

Not the 'Retiring' Type.
Blood Sister
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Schoolteacher, Priestess
Can Be Found: Academy of Bristle Crios, or their residence in Dragon's Gate District
4278.16 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Teacher Appreciation Week Reply with quote

Oh my goodness! It's Teacher Appreciation Week!

https://www.pta.org/home/events/PTA-Teacher-Appreciation-Week

Show your thanks and gratitude by treating teachers like a V.I.T. – VERY IMPORTANT TEACHER.

As a personal side note, I had always dreamed of becoming a teacher one day. This character was my outlet for that dream. Now that I am gratefully living out my dream in real life, I do not necessarily have as much time for this character as I would like, but I would not give up one minute as a teacher. Even on my hardest days, which has been quite a few lately, I am still so happy to be teaching. Thank you to all of my teachers who inspired me and to all of my other fellow teachers out there.

PS: Next week is National Nurses Week. Thank a teacher this week and thank a nurse next week!
Lesinda
The Greenhaired Vampiress
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Priestess, Artist
Can Be Found: Bristle Crios, or the Glen.
6773.40 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Lesinda
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
6773.40 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::Boops EVERYTHING::
Fiona ONeill
Lady of The Knight
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
8403.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Booping everything. Reply with quote

Lesinda wrote:

Lesinda! Why are you breaking everything!?!

Oh. 'Boop'. Booping everything. That's ok then.

Carry on.

Smile
Lesinda
Young Wyrm
Young Wyrm

See this user's pet
6773.40 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Booping everything. Reply with quote

Fiona ONeill wrote:
Lesinda wrote:

Lesinda! Why are you breaking everything!?!

Oh. 'Boop'. Booping everything. That's ok then.

Carry on.

Smile

::Boops the Fiona nose:: :3
Fiona ONeill
Lady of The Knight
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
8403.98 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: OOC: Bristle Crios Lease Renewal 2018 Reply with quote

Only a couple of days left for the new map's Lease Renewal. (It ends on November 30th.) If you want to request a renewal for your property on the map, check it out below. Keep in mind, this is just for renewals, not new requests or changes.

http://rdi.dragonsmark.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33404

I got nostalgic and went back to find the first Bristle Crios map request. I found it was posted way back in September 25th, 2011, with it being renewed in 2012 and 2016. Sorry. I get enjoyment from little things like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Whispers in the Night -> Bristle Crios All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: