Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

(BIR) Trisha Talon in Lupinoss (WIP/WT)(PG13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> The Catacombs -> Den City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Apothecary
Can Be Found: Alchemist's Fire Complex and around Rhy'Din
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Chapter 9 Part 2 Reply with quote

Moogiis the barbarian seemed to find me pathetic and a waste of her time as she slowly cleared the recessed exit and stretched, making many howl and jeer at her. I took a moment to assess what I had gotten into. The mountainous Luup that had to be an easy six foot eight inches was armed with a cat of nine tails and a round shield. That seemed like an odd pairing and though I’d seen some of my brothers and sisters on crusades use chain maces to brutal effect. My moment of observation had robbed me of a few precious steps to solidify a foot hold on attacking her. She turned from the adoration of the patrons and took several long strides towards me as I stood observing her. I never saw the whip flick when her arm moved and my cheek stung as a barb sliced it open. The pain galvanized me to stop gawking and get moving.

I gave thunder thighs a surprise by sprinting right for her. Nine coils of braided leather slid past me as she coiled the whip for another lash. I closed and struck with two quick high cuts as she braced for my approach, shield held ready. My strikes did not draw her into the bait to raise her shield for me to slide under her guard. She merely side stepped, let the strikes glance off the round curve of metal and drove a heavy paw into my belly with a wind taking, teeth rattling kick. My world spun as I tumbled and slammed into the low wall of the semicircle. I scrambled painfully to my paws gasping for air and reassuring my dizzy mind that I still had my sword in hand. I spat some bile and foam as my inners quaked from that strike. I gripped my sword tighter then took to a run trying to pull her into circles to keep me in sight. She let me make two full laps before she grew bored and allowed me to slip behind her. My paws slid on sand and straw as I shifted to a mad run at her back. Her ears flicked, hearing my change and her arm flicked to the side and back. Nine hungry bars snapped and found a biting hold on my left calf. I mewled in surprised pain and then in complete terror as the barbs and their tendrils tightened on my leg and felt my leg jerking my body into an uncontrolled tumble towards Moogiis.

I slid to her feet and looked up as I spit out sand and straw to see the edge of her shield growing large in my view. I rolled and heard metal bite into sand stone spraying me with sharp chips. I came up on my left knee gritting my teeth as I pinned her whip under my weight and grabbed the edge of her shield with my free hand. I felt teeth chomp down, drawing blood and pain as she bit my offending hand. I yowled in pain and drew my hand back to protect it. As I did so, she spun on the balls of her paws and smashed that shield into my open right side. I spun again along the arena floor, the barbs tearing free of my calf and the sound of leather on stone was heard as I lay on my back. How the hell do you get under a mountains guard when it moves? Make it rooted you dolt.

I rolled to my paws and stood with a wince. My left calf was bleeding but not enough to kill me outright though putting weight on it was like stepping on knives. I regarded Moogiis. She had range on me and a good close defense. I had a tunic and a sword. Damn you Mormor for my luck. I limped towards her and she grinned, ready to thrash me more which seemed to be a title she’d earned. I saw her arm flick and was anticipating barbs already. I stepped back and saw the flickering glints of blood tinged metal ripping towards me. I did a sweeping parry and caught most of them on my sword, the corded tendrils wrapping around the blade. I pulled them in with my sword and grabbed the whip with my bit hand and tried to pull against a brick wall. She gave a snarl as I kept a hold of her whip and lumbered for me like an Amazonian she hulk. My heart rattled somewhere around my ankles and I saw her pulled the shield back as she yanked on the whip, intent for more bone crushing force riding on her bushed tail. I let her pull me in then let go of the whip at the last instance. Her pull on me birthed the momentum to let me slide on my right hip as I passed between legs and rolled up for an instance of fleeting balance. I threw myself at her back and drove my sword under her ribs and down to the ground. She bellowed in agony as my blade sprouted beneath her belly and slithered back and forth.

Moogiis toppled forward, whip abandoned as she held her belly and entrails in. I crawled towards her and grabbed the shield, my bloodied sword slicing the leather arm strap and I started to beat the shield against her skull. The gladiator curled up, fending off my attack with a weakening arm, her blood spreading over stone, sand and straw. The crowds had thundered roars of passion and lust at the violence spread before them to eat up just now punching through the ringing need to survive in my ears. I glanced with pain hazed eyes at the seats; thousands of patrons all leaned in and watched me, cheering more in a frenzy of what they knew would come. I turned my focus back to Moogiis that was now breathing hard between gasps of pain and blood flecking her muzzle then back to the patrons. A razor sharp clarity touched my mind. I had power, raw quivering power in this arena. Here I stood, an unmade Felissii in the blood games of Luups standing over a crowd favorite. I held power over her life and their adoration or hate of me.

The roaring cheers and hoots had grown silent around me, drowning me in a sea of stillness. All eyes from poor to noble fell on me like a burning, heavy itch that made me want to tear off my fur and skin. I knelt down by Moogiis and stared hard at her. One of her large hazel eyes snapped open from being drawn tight in pain to stare at my orange eyes.

“You ended it.†She gasped between hard racks of pain. “I can rest. Kill me.â€

I wiped her blood off on the leather and chainmail bikini she wore. “Why should I kill you? Have they not been damned entertained in this blood sport? Why dull my blade more and waste energy on a felled foe?†I spat.

She gave a keening, pain maddened laugh. “You honestly think they’ll let you walk from a kill? That is not a gladiator. That is a coward. A mewling pup with no stomach for death.â€

“Yet you lie under me holding in your guts and begging for death. Hmph.†I said as I stood.

She grasped at my molested calf and squeezed bringing me down to her again, the crowd cheering in hopes of a comeback for the wounded gladiator. “It was a matter of time that my fate would put me here pup. You simply win or lose in these Unsavory Functions. Ours is to please the crowd by winning till we are discarded by death. You never leave. Kill me!â Moogiis begged.
Ammy Spiritor
Just An Alchemist
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Apothecary
Can Be Found: Alchemist's Fire Complex and around Rhy'Din
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Chapter 9 Part 3 Reply with quote

My muzzle moved without thought. “One lives to walk away, one remains to darken the hay. The rule of the blood game Moogiis. I walk; you lay and darken the hay. Death was never implied in that rule. You’ll be dead in a few more minutes; I don’t have to bloody my hands with a final blow.â€

A flick of my wrist and I sliced her hand off of my abused calf. She howled in more pain as the patrons gave a tenuous and uncertain cheer. I turned and left her, limping back for the grate that barred the entrance to this hell. The Ehrthrii guard stared at me with a mix of amusement and disgust. The nobles aloft of the high wall stared in utter silence at me as I walked away, living my opponent alive to bleed out. The golden rod robes of Lefty and Righty flitted among the shadowed noble boxes as they bent their ear to each patron, their leisure disturbed by this change of public intent. Even the servants and slaves came to walls of the boxes to peer at me with muzzles slack in awe. The golden rod robs of my Dehsii owners soon vanished into the shadows of the viewing boxes and I heard the trap doors thunk open. I turned expecting the announcer to come out and yap away his pleasantries. Instead a cage of black iron rose up from the sandstone and straw. Two slathering Wereluuns paced back in forth in the cage in agitated excitement.

“Rohdaagoos! Rohdaagoos!†Moogiis keened and wailed with a keening laugh born of pain stripped sanity.

The cage door clacked as it was unlocked from unseen source and the Wereluuns seemed to cue in on the sound. The door was shoved open as they both exploded from the cage in black matted fur and death marked hard in their blood shot blue eyes. They fell upon Moogiis first, a weak and bleeding prey just ripe for shredding. As her life and voice faded among the snarls and snap of teeth and bones I took stalk of the severe muhdraa that I had sunk into now. Two crazed and derange Luups were now loose in the arena and I was not feeling so hot. My left calf burned as I left red paw prints each time I limped with the leg, my ribs and shoulders ached from Moogiis’ thrashing. On a happier note, I now had a shield and still felt woefully underpowered for these buggers.

One Wereluun had feasted enough and looked up to glare at me, perhaps smelling fresh flowing blood or perhaps just to belch out gobbets of bloody fur and muscle from a Moogiis meal. I clutched shield and sword tightly and crouched for a moment, making myself small, a shaking fear rising in me as the beast lumbered from the gore and fixed deranged blues upon me. It seemed to sense my fear and pulled back blood blackened lips in a snarl of pink stained fangs then bolted for me. Instinct overrode my mind and I did the only sane thing one does when facing a large predator, I ran. I ran as best as my limping pained body could manage. Hot breath blew upon my thighs and rump as teeth snapped and clicked at my bobbing and weaving tiger tail. I spun on my right leg and sliced my blade low and was rewarded with lopping an ear off and permanently closing an eye on the Wereluun. Then it grabbed my right ankle with brute force and pulled hard as it fell. Stars exploded in my vision as I felt back with a skull bouncing impact on the stone floor. I could feel the beast sliding up me as it crawled, a mix of keening pained whines and snarling hatred flowing from its muzzle.

My vision cleared to see gleaming teeth shoot forward for my neck. I jabbed my sword in at the beast and kept sharp iron between my pulsing throat and ivory death. It pushed me down as it bored harder, the pain of the metal slicing into its muzzle a small insignificant thing. I found purchase on the shield with my free hand, gripped the wood handle tight and forced my entire might into crashing the metal lip into the sliced face of the Wereluun. That made it yelp and I struck again and again, forcing the beast off of me as blood spattered my face chest. Once I sat up, I gave the beast no time to recover from the stinging blows and hilted my sword into his remaining eye socket, the tip of my blade bursting from bellow the skull. I stood shakily and pulled my sword free. The other Wereluun feasted still on Moogiis corpse. I wasted no time limping my tired tail to the beast and hauled off with a sledgehammer strike of shield to Wereluun snoz. I don’t remember making a dented relief of the Wereluuns face in the metal shield or how long I’d been standing over the twitching body as I beat the head to pulp and my hand ached and bled from clutching the ruined shield so hard.

All that came to me was silence once more; you could hear a pup yip in protest of a nap and someone dropping coins from betting. I flung the shield to the side, turned and stalked in a swaggering, bleeding trek for the grate at the exit. Someone spoke out, and then another as the words caught fire. The grate opened with the Ehrthrii guard giving me an appraising and naked look of lust on his muzzle. I slunk into my earned rest at the hailed calls of “Dehguu Fiis! Dehguu Fiis! Dehguu Fiis!â€

I didn’t look over my shoulder as I vanished into the company of my trainer, only pain, fear and the burning words of the spoken rule of the blood game settled into me.

One lives to walk away, one remains to darken the hay.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> The Catacombs -> Den City All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: