Red Dragon Inn

Red Dragon Inn Home Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark

Welcome, traveler!
( Member login. Not a member? Register here. )

Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    Forum Help   
Gallery    Shop    Jobs    Auctions    Pet Shop    Lottery   
Register    Log in 

OOC Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> Reigns of Alluvius
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ammy Spiritor
Great Wyrm
Great Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Alchemist, Apothecary
Can Be Found: Alchemist's Fire Complex and around Rhy'Din
19285.38 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response. I will copy and post my original post to the BC OCC thread and if you don't mind, Knightfall, may I in include your post as an initial response as well? I think perhaps I was wondering how the A&M class was discussed enough in the early stages of thought before being offered. I think that is where I have missed a step.
Knightfall
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Caretaker, Groom
Can Be Found: RhyDin / Bristle Crios
13878.72 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've already posted - but yes, you can always quote me (I'm sure that'll come back to bite me...).

And I might be misinterpreting but I think you're asking what kind of prep I did before doing the A&M thread? lol Or are you saying I should have warned people more aggressively before the A&M class started?

To the former, I didn't really consult other than with the Poll that was put up - which at the time I put it up, it was for a slightly different class than the one that is running right now. But in order to do the class I wanted to do, I had to make it make sense (if that makes sense). The class I wanted was more, 'how and why does it do the stuff it does?', but to get to that I had to go through 'what is it?' first. It'll make more sense, I promise. I hope.

To the latter: I didn't consult really at all, if that's what you were getting at. Which I probably should have, maybe? But again, I already knew what I wanted to do, and have confidence I can tie it all together to make it a worthwhile endeavor, and have it make sense in the end. And if that doesn't do it for you, I'm going to be like Oprah with the icons when it's finished.

In regards to the prep, though, again I didn't do a lot of consultation - which could have been a mistake - but I did do a lot of prep. I outlined the entire class from start to finish. I picked out a couple cosmologies I liked from different role play systems, that closest fit my characters for my basis; it had to make sense to my character in order for him to explain it. There's a lesson plan for every new session, all of them made before I posted the first post; I just fill in the details and flavor when I sit to write them. Of course I have no idea what kind of questions are going to come at me after each class, so each of those are on the fly - and thanks to everyone playing for that.

I hope, but have no idea if I've answered any of your questions or not - if I haven't feel free to ask again, or to ask... whatever else you want, really. Smile

Regards,
Kris
Knightfall
Adult Wyrm
Adult Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Caretaker, Groom
Can Be Found: RhyDin / Bristle Crios
13878.72 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends, Writers, Forum-folk,

So, tempus fugit and all that, eh? In the process of making my return from yet another savage, metaphorical, beating. I finally find myself with the time to work on things and play again after not posting for a couple of months ? several things have been in the editors docket but haven't had the time to finish them.

Expect to see a return to, and near conclusion of, Fringe Sojourn in the next few weeks, along with a finishing out of the Bloodlines FAQ. The latter is a case of knowing what I want to write, but not necessarily knowing how to say it; after looking away for a bit, it's come back ? somewhat ? into focus.

Obviously, for those of you reading or playing along at Bristle Crios in the A&M Theory thread, something is coming down the pipe for that as well ? hopefully by this weekend. I apologize for the time it's taken me to get back to it ? my inability to move it forward is one of my current great annoyances. I'll make it up to you ? somehow. Smile

Finally, for any of you who keep reading or re-reading Rising Son, I have to ask: what is it, the fact that you can't figure out who the son is? The reason for the continually rising view count has been a subject of some amusing discussion between myself and the co-author, and I'm here to tell you: we kind of forgot to state it explicitly, so you'll have to wait for the follow up ? also in the works.

As always,
Best regards,
K
Claire Gallows
Ancient Wyrm
Ancient Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: City Guard, Sword for Hire
Can Be Found: The Sassy Owl Saloon or Underwood Manor in New Haven
296677.18 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knightfall wrote:
Expect to see a return to, and near conclusion of, Fringe Sojourn in the next few weeks, along with a finishing out of the Bloodlines FAQ. The latter is a case of knowing what I want to write, but not necessarily knowing how to say it; after looking away for a bit, it's come back ? somewhat ? into focus.

///

Finally, for any of you who keep reading or re-reading Rising Son, I have to ask: what is it, the fact that you can't figure out who the son is? The reason for the continually rising view count has been a subject of some amusing discussion between myself and the co-author, and I'm here to tell you: we kind of forgot to state it explicitly, so you'll have to wait for the follow up ? also in the works.

As always,
Best regards,
K

FAQ!!!

Also... I may or may not be guilty of a fair number of those Rising Son views. Stop judging me.
A deity without divine power
Fiona ONeill
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger, Scribe
Can Be Found: Bristle Crios
8484.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Confession Series Reply with quote

If anyone hasn't seen Senka's amazing Confessions art series yet, be sure to check them out.

They are beautiful sketches based on character confessions of their deepest secrets.

Here I thought the first one was always going to be my favorite, but wow, this new set is just as amazing. I can't wait to see what the next set will bring!
Fiona ONeill
Old Wyrm
Old Wyrm

See this user's pet
Jobs: Messenger, Scribe
Can Be Found: Bristle Crios
8484.08 Silver Crowns

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas to All! Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to All!

In addition to private messaging me here, feel free to chat me up sometime on Discord: Upright Infinity #2870
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Red Dragon Inn - Dragon's Mark Forum Index -> Red Dragon Innsights -> Reigns of Alluvius All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: